Book of Revelation/The mystery of 666

I says it is interestin, but also that it is off course a good bit. But good attempt.

I have always maintained that the intellect is a curse more than it is a blessing. But who listens? Not many, put as an extract from the Dao however , and people fall in to line. How odd.

There is nothing new under the sun. All things are One.

Empty yourself of everything.
Let the mind rest at peace.
The ten thousand things rise and fall while the Self watches their return.
They grow and flourish and then return to the source.
Returning to the source is stillness, which is the way of nature.
The way of nature is unchanging.
Knowing constancy is insight.
Not knowing constancy leads to disaster.
Knowing constancy, the mind is open.
With an open mind, you will be openhearted.
Being openhearted, you will act royally.
Being royal, you will attain the divine.
Being divine, you will be at one with the Tao.
Being at one with the Tao is eternal.
And though the body dies, the Tao will never pass away.

• Tao Te Ching, Chapter 16

A

I know there is nothing new as such, nevertheless these are new times. Why try to refute that?

As christ said “the earth shall pass away, but my words will remain forever”. His words are the hebrew equivelant of the Dao.

Yes, we are living in modern times. The essential however is still the essential.

A

I dont disagree with that. But disagree with you saying most christians do not need the help of the kabbalah.

Of course you are right. But can you see that they are all just words? “The Tao that can be spoken is not the eternal Tao”.

It is the essence of the words that doesn’t pass away.

Like I was saying…there is nothing new under the sun…

A

True path of christianity , as you call it , is the kabbalah! Thats why it is unavoidable for christians. You cannot know what christ meant if you know nothing of symbolism .

You make wild assumptions about me dear. And you seem to make wild assumptions about Christians. I wonder what brings you to believe that Christians know nothing of symbolism? All I am saying ID, is that the Bible is proof of our spiritual lives. It is not just a letter, it is the living Word. By that I mean that another word for Tao is the Word of the Bible. Yes, indeed they are the same thing. To grasp the true meaning of Tao, all one has to do is walk the path. We can never truly know anything unless we ourselves are confirmed to it, unless we take the teachings and apply them in our daily lives. The application brings wisdom. Spirituality is very practical and very down to earth. Love thy neighbour means literally that. Love your fellow brothers and sisters but most of us tend to forget the truth of that. We go around professing to love but the moment someone contradicts us, the moment someone does something against our expectations and our desires or the moment they don’t listen to us - we forget all about loving them…love is unconditional and it is humble. Love reaches to the lowest and the highest, it has no boundaries, it is unconditional…The true path of life is to live the teachings…deciphering symbols is great, it can be profound for many of us, can provide a platform to describe Truth - but it is for the man who uses his intellect. The intellect is the furtherst thing from the reality of Truth/Tao/Word. Sure understanding Truth begins with mind, but grasping it, knowing it, only comes from living and breathing it. That’s why I say, there is a difference between knowing the path and walking it. In the greater scheme of things symbolism is just that, symbolism. symbolism can only point us in the direction of Truth, it can never be Truth itself.

A

I D

Actually it is the opposite. You cannot begin to appreciate the depths of symbolism until you begin to experience internally the meaning of what Christ brought. You would be closer to the truth IMO if you considered the possibility of Jesus’ connection with the the scope of the Essenes rather than strictly the Kabbalah.

Well a lot of it has to do with the fact I have never met a christian who does know. Just because some christians do does not make what I say wrong. You are arguing a point you essentially know is false I believe.

Just that you are uncomfortable with my degree of certainty.
You must know fine well that most christians are misled.

Look at their P.R on the media, the churches around you, listen to what high profile ministers are saying.

I don’t care much for high profile anything dear.

He who stands on tiptoe is not steady.
He who strides cannot maintain the pace.
He who makes a show is not enlightened.
He who is self-righteous is not respected.
He who boasts achieves nothing.
He who brags will not endure.
According to followers of the Tao, “These are extra food and unnecessary luggage”.
They do not bring happiness.
Therefore followers of the Tao avoid them.

• Tao Te Ching, Chapter 21

That which is outside of you is not important. That which is inside of you is all important. Truth is like water, it is humble, it searches for the lowest ground. We do not talk of Christianity as a movement, we talk of the essence of Christianity. The essence of the teaching of Jesus.

The symbolism of Jesus on the cross.

Two thieves were crusified along with Jesus. One on the left and one on the right. Observe one (the one that repented) to emulate him. Observe another (the one that did not repent) and introspect ourselves. In the centre was Jesus. Always focus your gaze inward to that which is true and eternal.

A

I D

Christian symbolism is really quite deep. Even books have been written about it to inspire impartial thinking for those willing to do so… For example

phanes.com/sungod.html

I thought the "sun"reference may appeal to you.

I won’t speak for Christendom but Christians are always subject to temptation and being mislead. But are you equally mislead or have you transcended this Christian condition of temptation?

With such courage of your convictions, I believe you will quickly graduate from being an expert to not only a bona fide expert but an accredited one after you receive your degree in the mail from the “Divine Association of Experts”. They watch for those so gifted, learn their address, and send them a degree with an invitation to become one of the Elect. It would probably be worth it since I’ve heard that their semi annual celebrations in honor of expertise have become legendary.

Well high profile is relevant here , since you were the one who asked" what makes you think christians are misled"

In truly hope this is not the world you are involved in.

I D

Hey, don’t knock it. For example, there is no rump quite like that like that possessed by certain female experts. Their self importance forces the creation of something quite attractive during these celebrations especially under the influence of top shelf scotch. Everything can be valued. It only requires the drive to acknowledge it.

Tower of babel springs to mind when I read this for some reason.

In otherwords, I understand what you are saying, and followed through with why I don’t care for high profile. I apologise for not making myself very clear.

I actually wrote;

But never mind, I don’t need an answer.

A

Symbolism did not start with christ.