Definition of moral and political objectivist

You just admitted that you are a sociopath. =D>

:laughing:

The sad thing is that he is actually right.
:laughing:

Yes Ecmandu, it really is a shame that nobody responded to that post and I highly doubt anybody here will either.

Human nature is sociopathic as it is pathological but very few like admitting to such. In varying degrees all human beings are sociopaths, some more than others of course.

Human authority concerning government for instance is filled to the brim with sociopaths and if history is any indicator the more sociopathic one is the longer and better one’s political career will be as politics rewards sociopathy.

Let’s nip this in the bud by looking at the actual characteristics of sociopaths :

healthguidance.org/entry/158 … opath.html

And yet societies all around the world shares many of those behavioral characteristics. Interesting and extraordinary.

Sociopaths will be more or less self-conscious regarding what it might mean to be called a sociopath.

In particular as this relates to the part where sociopaths are said to “lack a conscience”.

Some folks will give almost no thought to it at all. In other words, for whatever personal reason [rooted in the life and the experiences that they had] they behave such that their own self-gratification is the only thing that ever occurs to them.

And while the theologian and the “serious philosopher” is explaining to them why such behavior is necessarily irrational and immoral, the sociopath has slit their throats with nary a second thought.

But there are surely others who have spent a great deal of time thinking about what it means to behave as one ought to.

What does that mean in a world where one is convinced that God does not exist and that sans God mere mortals are able to rationalize any behaviors.

And why should that rationalization not revolve around the assumption that self-fulfillment is a reasonable moral font?

Provided of course that you don’t get caught by those who beg to differ.

Or so it seems to me.

Okay, here you say that sociopaths say that right and wrong doesn’t come from reason :

and here you say that sociopaths consider self-fulfillment to be a reasonable morality :

So are they getting their morality by way of reason or not?

You know, make up your mind.

Humans are sociopaths because they evolved as omnivores

I don’t think all of the traits of sociopaths you listed are correct though. I think sociopaths are capable of love, they just aren’t treated right and so that ability fades away.

This merely revolves around your failure to grasp the point that I am making.

The self-conscious sociopath can make the argument that in a Godless universe morality can be said to revolve around self-gratification. And this argument is seen to be reasonable in that it cannot be shown to be necessarily unreasonable by, say, philosophers or scientists.

It’s not for nothing that I capitalized the word Reason.

By doing so I am conveying the idea that the reasons given are said to be derived from one or another objectivist dogma. In other words, if you don’t share the reasons given by the objectivists you are necessarily wrong. You are not “one of us”.

But I would never argue that the reasons that I give here are anything other then the subjective embodiment of dasein, conflicting goods and political economy.

Pretty much the response that I expected you to give. :smiley:

Phyllo ignores my last post. No surprise there.

Oh, you want me to respond.

Okay. Those characteristics are broad in scope. People have them in small quantities. People have a few of them. People have some at times and then they change or they outgrow them. That does not make them sociopaths. It does not make a society sociopathic.

It’s like a cup of tea … it’s a normal cup of tea as long as the tea is contained within the cup. If it overflows, then its an abnormal mess. The tea itself is not the problem.

The characteristics of individuals described as sociopaths are not broad? No, clearly they’re not. No, not at all.

Thanks for your cup of tea reference analogy as it just solved everything of the discussion. :laughing:

Were you drinking a cup of Earl Grey typing all of that?

Right now I’m drinking Boddingtons and I’m trying to figure out the grade level of your reading skills.

No matter. I have lost interest in this thread and I will not be posting again.

Humans are either sociopaths or sheep. When you look around you see sheep so you don’t notice the sociopaths.

Boddingtons? Lame.

Your post was predictable as an individual finding some sort of random excuse to opt out of a conversation.

You know, if you’re going to follow nihilism down the rabbit hole you need to learn to like, desire, and engage conflict.

Conflict after all is a part of the learning process.

I have better things to do than engage in conflict.

Seems like you are not even a Nihilist. More like an evolvist, you believe that learning and evolving as an organism are higher ideals. Joker I’m proud that you are not a true nihilist. :smiley:

He is a frustrated idealist. He would like everyone to be good and fair and just.

Then when sees that there is bad in the world, he overreacts and claims that he is a nihilist and that he wants anarchy and destruction. He really wants this :
:romance-grouphug: