Fearing God

Stop winking at me, people will think we’re friends.

I see here that you are separating these ‘negative’ emotions from our true nature. So where then do these ‘negative’ emotions come from? And I don’t think we ever disagreed that intent was key, I believe it depends on exactly what our intent is and whether or not we are aware of our intent no?

A

I’m not seeing emotions, fear, for example, or anger (which I think stems from fear) as being, in and of themselves, either negative or positive. They just are. I won’t say whether they are of God or not because that’s another thread. But as they relate to us and our existence, it seems clear to me that they are tools. They tell us things. How we use that information can be negative or positive. If fear causes us to proceed irrationally, or paralyzes, then the end result might be negative. But it’s not the fear that’s negative. Really I can’t imagine experience without emotion. Nor would I want to try, no matter what the emotion. To experience is to feel.

LA,

Oops, sorry about the wink. EVERYBODY: we aren’t friends.

Actually, the separation of negative and positive emotions, thinking, or acting out is a construct, not the reality. Our ability to see both is the single quality of our consciousness that allows us to make choices. As we experience, make mistakes(negative?), and gain understanding, we then make (hopefully) more beneficial (positive) choices. From our coming into being, our maturation, till the end of our alloted time, this is what we do. This is our growth, our acquiring of understanding, our ‘seeing’. You’ve talked of ‘alignment’ with that which is god. This is what we do. We don’t have to seek it, it is ‘self-so’, it is our nature. We are of intent as far as we see it. Perhaps our intent will change or include more as our awareness (understanding) grows. That is the process called liquidangel. We live life as process and we have no need to step outside of that process to find God.

He is lying. They ARE friends. :wink:

[size=9]Nope, definitely not friends … you two need to get a hotel room for a weekend and “experience” this situation to it’s end.[/size] :evilfun:

JT,

I was under the impression from some of your posts that you didn’t believe in God. How can you refer to God if you don’t believe in him/her? Do you just use the word God to talk to those of us who believe it this concept, or have you changed your spiritual view?

[size=59]God, Mas… you must be psychic. I, of course, am the scorned lover [/size] :cry:

[size=9]No worries on that lady Bessy, liquid is bored with me, so you can take up your torch with me. You’ll be so busy with laughter, you’ll forget all about being jilted … LMMFAO.[/size]

#-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o

Wow, you keep surprising me with your lack of sense of humor. Tell the truth now, are you a robot?

Somewhat mechanical in function yes, but I don’t “beep” if that’s what you are asking. I could be due for an oil change, perhaps that’s the inherent problem?

Maybe but the route is important. As the verse says, “the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom”. If you skip the beginning you’ll have difficulty finding the end.

Mas & Bessy,
Shame on both of you!

Jerry,
You have it dead on. All experience is heart/mind, it is our pre-conceived ideas ( fear) that is the stumbling block. We ‘create’ our own emotional state within these ideas, and color our experiences unecessarily. It is allowing mind/ego to dictate our emotions. It is not our instinctive fear emotions that should be ignored, but those we construct that alienate’s us from ourselves.

Bessy,
I apologize for any confusion. I do use the word God either to relate to someone who only seea a single point creator, or sometimes just as a form of shorthand.

God: All that is. The ineffable pattern of ebb and flow of the universe.

Does that help?

Hi Ned,

Perhaps you’re right if we assume a beginning and an end. But if the nature of the universe is cyclical, with no beginning and no end…

You can prove no wrongdoing on my part. I feel no shame, simply enjoying the discourse of your very enlightening thread brother tentative.

Although, it appears we are going to hit that same old road block … creation a process, or alpha and omega … can’t seem to avoid that, can we?

So far, I would agree, Mr. Jerry has been most precise and thoughtful. But I’ll never admit it to him.

Yes, that does clear up some things. But, you see it as something so different than the “average church/temple/mosque goer” so isn’t it difficult to have a discussion concerning God at all? How can you discuss something when some see HIM - as having a form of some kind, others see him as a concept, and others see him as a HER who (of course) all of the answers to life and life’s problems as well as all the wisdom and POWER because of course…

you want her. :sunglasses:

Mas,

Yeah, I depend on Jerry to gather in all my fluff and make it into something recognizable. But you’re right. We shouldn’t tell him…

Bugger tent,

Could you wait until I fix my spelling errors before you ignore me? I hate looking like I am a compulsive editor.

Bessy,

Yes, speaking of the ineffable is much like describing a candle flame. It is impossible. But that doesn’t keep fools (me) from trying. :unamused:

Mas,

I am glad you enjoy a little fun… but I must stay in Mudane where I am appreciated. I need a dictionary here and I would rather just SEEM articulate in my area of expertise - FLUFFY NUTTERS and JUJUBEES!!!

HER BESSINESS OF THE MIDWEST

Bessy,

You’re appreciated anywhere you go. Read Mas’ sigline and the quote at the bottom.