Haven't slept for more than two hours in last few days

We had that conversation before, was mine too. I just walked just under 14 miles, think I found a petroglyph for the Mound Builder civilization. I gotta set some time once I get my UV camera set up to go over the rocks. The route I used along the river mostly destroyed the hillside and elevated the shore of the river by 20 feet so as to prevent floods from destroying the rail tracks, which is unfortunate, cause the soil here is high alkaline. Only this that survives in this soil is where the Indians would cook oyster shells to make lye. It changes the Ph. H balance of the soil. If I’m correct about the petroglyph, then it means somebody more than likely seasonly fished there, meaning up on the cliff there is a burial ground. There are caves all through the hillside too, the Indians either buried the the mounds below, or in the crypt.

Problem is… both the original shoreline and any mounds are gone. Buried or blasted away… I found the very rare rock of the original hillside they didn’t feel the need to blow up.

The dexterity of lockpicking… yeah, ummm… I don’t have it yet. I’m a absolute brute when single pin picking (that is hitting pins individually, intentionally)… First doorknob I had was a generic of a generic… A company called Brinks has generic locks of kwikset… and I picked it first… too simple, no clue what I was doing, open.

Then I found this brand called Mountain Locks… Was shocked how very similar they were, just a little wobbly… well, I should say more wobbly. Opened just by saying open sesame. Give it a scary look, pops open, doesn’t want no trouble.

Then I tried the cheapest Kwikset… Universally disliked by locksmiths. It used to be the cheapest and worst. My first time encountering security pins… in late 2014, Kwikset got tired of everyone saying they were horrible, and realized all they had to do was carve into two pins, and picking got way harder. Every time you thought you got it open, it would merely get stuck in that grove, start to move, and then just snicker at me.

I became worried I was some sort of idiot, as nobody ever mentioned them having such pins, the opposite in fact.

Well… I put a tremendous amount of force at a absurd angle, like a brutish angry man, and those security pins gave in.

If I can’t get a security pin… I often can, but not always, I just push it all angry till something works…

Some locks have magnets, different strength pins all through, ball bearings, pins in 2-3 parts, so if you think it is being pushed up, only part it, some shaped like spindles, others, like mushrooms.

Some have trick or hidden pins in other locations. Some locks are absolutely absurd, someone went to town on the design features… looks, like it came from another planet. Most pin holes for pins are smoothbore, but some thread them, like a screw, so every spot feels like a open sheerline. Some requires each pin to be turned at a specific angle (can take weeks to learn how to pick those, seem videos, not pretty, each day, hours practice on one lock).

Few guys have the dexterity and finesse to do that. The top safe crackers don’t need to drill safes, they can hear it click in place perfectly. They’ve tested this, putting feathers inside of a safe, as it spun, when two feathers hit… they guy spinning could hear and feel it. I can’t do that. I really wish I could.

It is very interesting psychology wise, cause since Longinius, we’ve focused on visual quirks in seeing and knowing. In the haptic sense, understanding is certainly off. Most if the time, I don’t know how I really did it. Just… I follow the techniques I watch carefully, watched hundreds of hours of YouTube videos… mimick it like a dumb ape, can repeat the directions, write a book on it… but the lock either opens or it doesn’t, I can’t really do a countdown. A few guys can. I can’t, many can’t. That is why it is so damn interesting pphilosophically. How do we know applied science, for example, works as we expert it to in observational data mode, if we gotta rely on haptic actions we don’t much consider.

Most difficult aspect of archeology is learning how to use a dental pick… in terms of dexterity. The tools are a mix of what a Dentist uses, and a Brick Mason. I would say, a lockpicking tool set is closer to the wide variety dentist use, or surgeons use. Archeologists use simple dental picks, no fancy varient. Your just picking dirt.

Now, when cleaning fossils, paleontologists use a much wider array of tools. A example, imagine a slab of slate filled with Cronoids dating to the Silurian Period, they looked like flowers with vertebrates all through them. As sea plants, they could suddenly die in mass if the sea floor mud suddenly shifted. They are left in amazing, wavy, often intact patterns, white fossil to grey background… It can take weeks to months to properly clean them, a slab of just a few costing sounsands of dollars if cleaned to picture perfect perfection, with a Zen flow quality, as if they we’re flowers in the field bending to the wind… the back of the non fossil areas ground down and smoothed. Obviously, more than just a dental pick. It is amazing to look at, and something you can feel as well. Life in motion.

Here is a picture for you Maia so you can’t see what I’m talking about.

A lot of skill went into that.

Irony factor high.

You can go 11 days (the record) , without sleep, before DEATH.

No, guys have gone months.

Oh fuck… Completely different reason I can’t sleep, body too damn awake from 6 multivitamins I took today, and a 14 mile walk burning my skin all over. Legs semiparalyzed, rolling over kills me, brain wide, wide awake.

I took those pills on a empty stomach, hoping to saturate my intestines with it as I walked, to get higher quantities to my skin… vitigilo. I see my right hand has Burns across it, so it worked, but can’t tell my eyes yet.

Too much wakie juice in me. Usually I pass out after this sort of thing. Not like I was when I was 20. I could go 70 miles back then.

If you want a dexterity exercise try something called Moon, which is like Braille but easier. They reckon that you can’t really learn Braille as an adult but Moon is designed for people who lose their sight later in life. Obviously it’s not as sophisticated. Don’t cheat though by looking.

Which part of America are you in? I know the Native Americans made petroglyphs in various areas and also built mounds and giant serpents. As you probably know we have a very large number of ancient remains here in England, hundreds of stone circles for example. I have visited quite a few. There’s one called the Rollright Stones which has a Neolithic burial chamber near a stone circle. You can’t get into the chamber as it’s surrounded by a metal railing but in fact it’s not difficult to climb over if you have help and there are holes inside the stone where people have left offerings. Some of these were flowers but also coins. I found 5p pieces going into the hole and, perhaps you don’t know this, but many years ago they changed the size of those coins and they used to be called shillings, and the further back I went I found those larger sized coins, and some of them were really old, back when they were still made out of silver. Needless to say I put them all back in.

I have spent the night there at the stone circle, camping out in the field next to it.

What is it?

Nude pic of me.

I’m so glad I’m blind.

You don’t know what your missing. I hear no other complaints.

Does nothing for me, sorry. What do you smell like?

Yeah, I live near the serpents and mounds. We used to have two mounds, but a factory built by the old steel mill flattened it. They put river locks and dams on the river, submerging the river’s pertoglyphs, we had a lot. I’ve identified several spots nearby that show long term occupation, smoke wears on the rocks, but neither archaeologist I know cares, and can’t legally dig to prove it. Places with very high sediment flow.

One cave system is located above the blown up mounds in my town, and this usually indicates Indian burial in the cave, but the elderly guy who knows where this particular entrance hasn’t linked back up with me to scout it, in the 19th century kids reported a burial of a Indian inside… one of their largest cities was based here, now under between 20 to several hundred feet of steel mill slag, a kind of light volcanic gravel. Produced the shit for almost 100 years.

As you know, I’ve done some work on the only other philosopher from here, wrote that early 19th century work. I’ve also done other readings since then… My town’s museum is just now accepting my idea to do a section for Chief Logan and Samuel Brady… but haven’t accepted Lord Dunmore’s War yet. We made all the canonballs for the siege of Ontario in the War of 1812… they want one, said you gotta snatch one from Canada and run your ass afterwards. We were very efficient and gave everyone most willingly to the British recipients there.

Absolutely no interest in the the other Indian genocide only focused on Chief Logan. No interest in Meadowcroft, PA… despite is being walking distance from here… we had a city, they had a fucking rock shelter… They are world famous, nobody pays attention to us, despite me identifying lots and lots of obvious, multi generational camp sights.

They are starting to realize the potential link between Samual Brady and US Army Ranger Recognition. We also had Edgington living here… he was both Daniel Boone and Davy Crockett close friend. No mention, no sign, fucking nothing. My research of our railroad bridge being the first across the Ohio River, was one of the top antagonisms by Virginia leading to a belated succession, ignored (Cincinnati, Ohio went union because of it, despite being populated by Virginians).

Right now, all I can hope for is getting a manniquin head, slapping a mustash on it, running electrical pipes through it, giving it form, stuffing it with paper bags, a very generic leather suit… As samual Brady, with ten palisades in a corner with a painted background of the past. Chief Logan… full blown, more expensive manniwuin, gotta show some Indian nipple and get a tomohawk…

Honestly, these negotiations are that sad. I’m giving up. I’m not even going to mention to them the kids the Canadians stole during the rev war, burning to death with the Indians.

The very first Canadians come from here… The first ones to raise arms against the colonies for the crown, who would later immigrate to Canada, started fighting right here, a few years prior to the war for Lord Dunmore. It was designed to break the frontier manpower of the colonies, a instance when the English Empire actively sought to anniliate it’s own population to prevent or lesson a insurrection. In England… lots of people have heard of the man on the horse who jumped off a cliff surrounded by Indians… He was our towns commander. All we got us names of neighborhoods named after these people, then nothing… no memorials. Lots and lots of books written, but the researchers come here, nothing.

They don’t give a fuck here. It really angers me, we were once very famous, then it just… these fuckers just need to die.

If you want a book to read…

That Dark and Bloody River: Chronicles of the Ohio River Valley

I’m so tired of the community here. Only a handful of guys here even know about the earlier history. I doubt save maybe one, knows more than me, and maybe in his case.

Shat do I smell like? Generally bad.

(Meant to say What, not Shat, but Shat works here, nice little typo that worked out.)

How about Chief Cornstalk, was he from round there? I think it’s very sad when people don’t know their own local history, it’s like being cut off from your roots. We have a Roman Road running through our city, but hardly anyone knows or cares about this, and much of it is just a forgotten old trackway. One theory even links it with the site of the last battle of Boudicca against the Romans in AD 60, the Queen of the Iceni who led an uprising against the Roman invaders after they flogged her and raped her daughters, killing thousands of settlers before they finally caught up with her in an unknown location and she committed suicide rather than be captured. It is even thought by some that she might be buried somewhere round here.

I’m going camping tomorrow to a place called Flamborough Head in Yorkshire and will spend a few days exploring he area. There are tunnels with medieval carvings in the area leading from a former monastery so that will be really interesting. Also beaches of course.

Holy crap. I used to go to Bridlington every summer when I was a kid. York’s nice, it’s pretty much a museum that people decide to live in.

Lots of haunted buildings in York, apparently.

I should think all of them, at least in the city centre. There are a lot of guided ghostwalks in the evenings too, through the snickleways, a warren of alleys and passages that bypass the main streets. If you know york’s snickleways well, you can pretty much walk across the entire city centre without seeing a soul.

There’s one street in York that’s really thin and sloping with cobbles all the way down. Crowded with people too. I’ve also walked round part of the Roman wall. It’s a nice place, full of atmosphere. Medieval pubs with very low wooden beams that you bump your head on.

Argh, homesick tab is homesick.