I'm all ears

Dan quote - Satan has a limited effect upon reality.
Neither your gods nor your devils have absolute control

Good, good, you’ll make Archbishop of Canterbury yet !
The earth (and the human mind) is a battlefield where God and Satan are slugging it out and we’re caught in the middle, choosing which one to listen to -
“For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms” (Eph 6:12)

Chimney quote - The muslims have got a religion of their own, similar but not the same as yours. They’ve got witnesses for their stuff - why should I believe yours and not theirs?

Firstly, Mohammed is in a box in Medina and Jesus is not, spot the difference? Likewise all the other assorted sages and gurus etc are in graves but again Jesus is not :slight_smile:
And hey, what are Mohammeds “credentials”, did he do miracles, tell parables and preach love and compassion? - Nah, he said stuff like -
“Allah allows killing in a just cause and for revenge” (Koran 17:33)
“Your most violent enemies are the Jews” (Koran 5:82)
“Do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends” (Koran 5:51)
“If you suspect your wife may desert you, beat her” (Koran 4:34)

Chimney quote - Would you have me believe in alien abductions, for example, on the grounds that there are people who claim to have seen or experienced it?

There were mass sightings of Jesus, everybody in Israel saw him at one time or another :slight_smile:

That Jesus guy, can’t say I’ve seen him around the square lately, what happened - did he move…?

So to be a Christian - one has to have a Masters in Theology?

Jesus, no one mentioned that to me…or the shamen…or the editor or the Bible…

Colinsign quote - So to be a Christian - one has to have a Masters in Theology?
Jesus, no one mentioned that to me…or the shamen…or the editor or the Bible…

For a start who sez you can only understand Christianity if you enroll for college courses etc?
Check this -
“Paul said - “I’m worried lest you be led astray from the simplicity of Christ” (2 Cor 11:3)
The more the words,the less the meaning,and how does that profit anyone?” (Ecc 6:11)
“Peter and John amazed the crowds by being ordinary unschooled men” (Acts 4:13)
Jesus said:- “I thank you Father for hiding these things from the wise and learned,and for revealing them to little children”(Matt 11:25-27)
“And the common people heard him [Jesus] gladly” (Mark 12 :37)

So what if Jesus’s body went missing? I don’t know where my grandad’s body is - does that make him a religious idol? I thought the “immaterial soul” was the important thing here.

The contents of islam and christianity aren’t the issue. The issue is the validity. What makes one more credible than the other? The hate that fills the Koran is a subject for another discussion (for all we know, god might be a sadist).

I accept that Jesus-the-man lived, and that he had a magnetic personality. What I can’t accept is that he performed miracles.

Chimney quote -So what if Jesus’s body went missing?

Mick response -“What ifs” are just speculation mate and not worth a spit.
Its well-chronicled in the bible that Roman soldiers were posted at the tomb to prevent anybody pinching Jesus’s body, but it still vanished…

Chimney quote -The contents of islam and christianity aren’t the issue. The issue is the validity. What makes one more credible than the other?

Mick response - You gotta be kidding bub! Mohammed came out of nowhere without any credentials, but Jesus’s creds and CV are impeccable - Jesus said “All things about me in the law of Moses,the Prophets and the Psalms,must be fulfilled…the scriptures testify about me…Moses wrote about me” (Luke 24:44, John 5:46)

Chimney quote - I accept that Jesus-the-man lived, and that he had a magnetic personality. What I can’t accept is that he performed miracles.

Mick response - Logic it out mate…no way could an unknown country-boy carpenter from a tiny village become a household name and found the worlds biggest religion if he HADN’T done miracles :wink:

:astonished: Tab response: Whoo - circular logic.:astonished:

*It is impossible for someone to become a household religious icon without miraculous powers.
*Jesus became a household religious icon.
→ Jesus must have had miraculous powers.
—> Jesus’s miraculous powers must have helped him to become a household religious icon.
----> Me, without miraculous powers, would find it much more difficult to become a household religious icon.
----->It is impossible for someone to become a household religious icon without miraculous powers.

Didn’t prove the first premise Mr. Spock.

lol - I meant “so what …” not “so, what if …” !
I think the most likely explanation is that bodysnatchers took the body, either by finding a secret way into the cave, or by nipping in when the guards were asleep.

Why did the jews reject him then? Am I really to believe that the world post-Jesus is the “messianic age” ? It doesn’t feel like it.

Harry Houdini is a household name too. And I believe Buddhism is the world’s biggest religion (I might be wrong though).

Edit: Plus what Tab said.

Christianity is as sexist as Islam. What are these?

Corinthians 11:3-10
But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoreth his head.

But every woman praying or prophesying with her head unveiled dishonoreth her head; for it is one and the same thing as if she were shaven.

For if a woman is not veiled, let her also be shorn: but if it is a shame to a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be veiled.

For a man indeed ought not to have his head veiled, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.

For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man:

for neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man:

for this cause ought the woman to have a sign of authority on her head, because of the angels.

Corinthians 14:34-35
Let the women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but let them be in subjection, as also saith the law.

And if they would learn anything, let them ask their own husbands at home: for it is shameful for a woman to speak in the church

1 Timothy 2:9-12
Also that women should adorn themselves modestly and sensibly in seemly apparel, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or costly attire but by good deeds, as befits women who profess religion.

Let a woman learn in silence with all submissiveness.

I permit no woman to teach or to have authority over men; she is to keep silent.

This is just a sample from the New Testament and the Old one will have a lot. In my opinion, almost all religions are created by men and hence the gods and the teachings in their ‘scriptures’ are androcentric if not misogynist. (EDIT) And that’s why instead of the gods saving their followers, now the followers are having to save/defend their gods from the obvious criticisms of the free thinkers or the feminists.

sorry, but religion (even christianity) isn’t all about threatening people with eternal torture. apparently you’ve been hanging out with Puritans for too long lol. heaven or hell are there, and God meant hell for Satan and his armies, but heaven was meant for us. but, like any teacher, he doesn’t like to “fail” us, but he told us the rules, choices, and the consequences, leaving us to decide which one we wanted. and the good side of Him MEANS He must RESPECT OUR decision, and we are judged by our actions, because it shows what path we want to follow

Christianity to a certain extent, is as anti-semitic as Islam. Since the bible was written before the foundation of Islam, obviously there won’t be any passages that are anti-Islamic.

Matthew 23:35 (also Lk 11:50-51)

And so upon you will come all the righteous blood that has been shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Berekiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar.

Matthew 27:25

All the people answered, “Let his blood be on us and on our children!”

John 8:44 (also Rev 2:9)

You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desire.

1 Thessalonians 2:14-16

You suffered from your own countrymen the same things those churches suffered from the Jews, who killed the Lord Jesus and the prophets and also drove us out. They displease God and are hostile to all men in their effort to keep us from speaking to the Gentiles so that they may be saved. In this way they always heap up their sins to the limit. The wrath of God has come upon them at last.

Revelation 3:9

I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars - I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you.

And if you justify that the Jewish people killed Jesus and that’s why the biblical passages are angry about the Jewish people. The same can be said for the anti-Semitic or anti-Christian passages in the Koran for they would have had suffered from these religious groups. So, Islam is not in any way worse than Christianity.

“All religions are the same: religion is basically guilt, with different holidays”
Attributed to: Cathy Ladman

Chimney quote - Why did the jews reject him then?

You gotta be jivin’ me boy!
From the instant he let the snooty priests have it right between the eyes with some home truths, “rejection” became his middle name as far as they were concerned -

VIPERS by Mick
Once upon a time there was a land ruled for centuries by pompous snooty priests operating out of the Great Temple; they kept the people suppressed and in awe of them because they liked to think they were above everybody else,and were backed up by their own temple guard soldiers.
Then a young carpenter from Nazareth walked into town, and despite the fact he was still only in his 20’s and they were much older and more educated than him, he shouted straight out at them:-

“THE PROSTITUTES ARE ENTERING THE KINGDOM OF GOD AHEAD OF YOU!” (Matt 21:32)
You tie up heavy loads and put them on men’s shoulders, but you yourselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them!

EVERYTHING YOU DO IS DONE FOR SHOW! you love the place of honor at banquets and the most important seats in the synagogues;you love to be greeted in the marketplaces and to have men call you Teacher!

YOU SHUT THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN IN MENS FACES! You yourselves don’t enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to!

You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when he becomes one, YOU MAKE HIM TWICE AS MUCH A SON OF HELL AS YOU ARE!

You’re like whitewashed tombs which look good on the outside but on the inside are full of dead men’s bones and everything unclean. In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside YOU ARE FULL OF HYPOCRISY AND WICKEDNESS!

YOU SNAKES,YOU BROOD OF VIPERS,HOW WILL YOU ESCAPE BEING CONDEMNED TO HELL?
(Matt ch 23)

So they killed him…

Chimney quote - I believe Buddhism is the world’s biggest religion (I might be wrong though)

Nice slice of apple pie anyone? -
adherents.com/Religions_By_Adherents.html

From Robo - Christianity is as sexist as Islam

What planet you been on mate, we got women vicars nowadays :wink:
Plenty of women loved Jesus and still do -

THE LAST COMFORT by Mick (the term prophesy also meant preach)
“In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams. On my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days, and they will speak.” (Joel 2:28-32)
In fact there have always been special women in the Bible -
Miriam who saved her baby brother Moses from death when she was just a child;
Deborah, prophetess, judge and military leader;
Huldah who taught at the college in Jerusalem.;
Rahab the prostitute who sheltered the two fugitive Israelis,
The evangelist Philip had four daughters who were prophetesses;
The early Christian sect in Phrygia was led by Montanus and two prophetesses, Priscilla and Maximilla…

Jesus spent a terrible long night before his death,unable to sleep and racked with loneliness as his disciples fell asleep,
But next day on the cross, as he slipped into death his tired pain-filled eyes saw a host of loyal women who’d stuck with him to the end…
“Jesus cried out with a loud voice, and breathed his last. There were also women looking on from afar, among whom were Mary Magdalene and Salome, who followed him and ministered to him when he was in Galilee, and many other women who came up with him to Jerusalem” (Mark 15:37)

They gave him the last womanly comfort they could by making sure he never died alone…

Buddhism is not the largest religion in the world. It seems Christianity is the largest religion in the world.
(From religioustolerance.org/worldrel.htm )

1. Christianity
  2. Islam
  3. Hinduism
  4. No Religion*
  5. Chinese folk religion
  6. Buddhism

*I am plesantly surprised that there are so many non-believers in the world.

lol… then why believe something if you don’t understand it ?

Robo quote - So, Islam is not in any way worse than Christianity

Yer wot?
Christians don’t fly airliners into buildings or bomb railways, or do this to adulteresses -
faithfreedom.org/Gallery/6.htm

What a contrast to when a mob dragged an adulteress to Jesus and asked his permission to kill her as the Old Law required…
Let’s call her Molly…

MOLLY by Mick
Molly grew up in orphanages never knowing who her mother and father were apart from rumours about a prostitute and a Roman soldier,and by her teens she was a sad lonely little girl.
But then she discovered men liked her and bought her presents and gave her money if she smiled at them and let them love her, and it made her feel good and wanted, even if they went back to their wives afterwards…
She grew into womanhood and still liked being loved by men,but wished she could meet one who wanted to marry her and stay with her for the rest of her life, but by now her bad reputation made a lot of single men stay clear of her.
Eventually people grew tired of her and her ways, so a mob led by the snooty priestly classes kicked down her door and dragged her off by the hair to kill her with stones.
As they pulled her through the streets, people came out to jeer at her, calling her all sorts of names and punching and slapping her, but she refused to give them the satisfaction of breaking down in tears even though her lip trembled and she could feel the blood draining from her face in fear. “I’ve never cried in my life and i’m not going to start now” she thought.
“But where are all the men who loved me?” she wondered, “why won’t one of them rescue me?”
However no-one came forward and the painful dragging through the streets continued. She felt utterly alone and sick to the stomach and wanted to cry out to the mum and dad she’d never known, but realised there was no-one to help her, so in her total despair she muttered under her breath “Oh God, please help me”…
More slaps across the head from the mob knocked her near senseless, and when she recovered her wits she found they’d thrown her on the ground at the feet of a man who she recognised as the young carpenter Jesus from Nazareth.The mob were standing around her with stones in their hands ready to kill her.
“Alright” one of them said to the young prophet, “The Old Law tells us that we must stone adulteresses to death, can you please confirm that to make it all legal and above board?”
“Sure” said the young man, “let whoever’s perfect among you throw the first stone”
Hearing this, they dropped their stones and slunk off in shame.
Then Jesus bent down and hugged Molly close to him in an embrace of such beautiful loving tenderness that she’d never experienced from any man before, and she began crying her eyes out on his shoulder.
“I know you won’t want a trollop like me” she sobbed, “but I don’t ever want to be on my own again…”
“You won’t be” he softly whispered in her ear, “whoever comes to me I’ll never turn away, I’ll be with you always til the end of the world”

John ch 8 -Jesus said “If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her.”
At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there"

so was i :smiley: it feels great doesn’t it ? :smiley: soo many rational/logical people in the world… maybe we’re really heading in the right direction.