Is atheism a form of insanity?

Nice way to setup a strawman.

yromem quote - havent you ever heard napolean’s quote “history is a fable agreed upon”
the losers have their documents burned and the winners write down their recolection of the story…

Right missus, we’ll make a nun of you yet :wink:
When christianity began to snowball in popularity after Jesus’s death, the snooty priests and romans said “Oops better not let on it was us who killed him or we’ll have a Jesusgate scandal on our hands, quick shred all the documents implicating us, and lets suppress christians generally, and people will soon forget him”…
But of course Jesus was too MEGA-HUGE to be suppressed, just as he prophesied - “My words will never pass away” (Matt 24:35)

Aporia quote - The Quran is a history book too:
guess you’re a muslim now Mick…

Once again we’re back to Jesus’s statement - “A rotten tree produces rotten fruit”.
And a glance at Islam shows its fruit to be less than wholesome…

Powdered Water quote -What’s to say that ALL 6 million of those Jews did NOT belive in Jesus?
Micks reply - Huh?? Anybody who believes in Jesus is a christian, not a Jew :wink:

PW quote - People say the bible is open to interpretation. Well interpretation = opinions.
Micks reply - How can this be misinterpreted? - Jesus said “Whoever rejects me rejects God” (Luke 10:16)

PW quote -The bible speaks of God with emotions. “God is an Angry and Jealous God”. How can a perfect being have anger?
Micks reply - Kill or reject his son and who can blame God for being a little annoyed? I mean, what use are Jesus-rejecters, what are they for?

So you’re going to paint all Muslims with the same brush because of those militants? If so then you should know Christianity has some rotten fruit in its history too. Crusades and loads of other religious wars, witch hunts, inquisitions, suppression, mass forced conversions… and that’s just after Jesus. Plenty of nastiness perpetrated by “true believers” in the Bible too. The Israelites used God as an excuse to conquer Palestine and exterminate its people. And Israel’s taking of Muslim land in the 40’s is the ultimate cause of the current Middle East conflict.

The world is not demonstrably a better place because of Christianity.

can you ever seriously answer anything…ever?!

[size=59]i love being vague[/size]

well put. thanks for the reply and I will take what you said into consideration. but don’t expect change or anything. sorry. gotta go.

I don’t. Nobody’s even responding to me and his insistent refusal to address the actual point is annoying; Mick, you have not defended the credibility of the Bible. In fact, you’ve agreed with the principle that history could be entirely fabricated from imagination, and thus agreed that the Bible could be dead wrong about everything.

What makes you certain that God or some other guiding force has made the Bible historically, metaphysically or spiritually accurate?

Ironically:

answers.yahoo.com/question/index … 049AAd9ElV

trivia-library.com/b/nero-di … burned.htm

Heh.

I’d be careful which histories you cling to.

Aporia quote - So you’re going to paint all Muslims with the same brush because of those militants?
Micks reply - Yup :slight_smile: They ALL reject Jesus who preached love and peace…

Aporia quote -Christianity has some rotten fruit in its history too.
Micks reply - That’s just ancient history, its all in the past :slight_smile: For example I haven’t burnt any witches for at least 5 years…

Aporia quote - The Israelites used God as an excuse to conquer Palestine and exterminate its people. And Israel’s taking of Muslim land in the 40’s is the ultimate cause of the current Middle East conflict.
Micks reply - Yes it was very unchristian of the Jews to do that, there ya go…

They don’t reject Jesus they reject him being the Son of God. Kthnxbye.

One word. Africa. Atrocities done in the name of God TODAY!

you’re actually making some great posts and nobdy seems to be reading.

may i suggest changng you’re avatar to david hasslehoff

Not to mention these guys (warning: offensive content–that is, content that is intended to attack you).

And just in case it helps Mick recognize my post:

Since someone might be reading this :stuck_out_tongue:

You realize that, as has already been mentioned here, “Jew” is an ethnic and religious term. In some ways, that’s simply how people distinguish groups of people in the Middle East; conversion isn’t really a common idea.

Anything can be interpretted differently. Language has no inherent meaning. As it happens, I interpet that verse quite differently than you. I don’t believe Jesus is talking about rejecting Christianity: Jesus was sent down in order to show humanity what it is capable of, that is, virtually selfless love and sacrifice. So he’s talking about rejecting love/compassion, which is what Jesus basically embodies. He isn’t talking about sending people to hell just because they don’t label themselves with the right word.

If you didn’t intend for a part of what you mean to be taken seriously, I might think you were funny. Do you really think that you can accomplish things in a way that is entirely beyond a non-Christian? Are you that much better than everyone else?

Unchristian? Fiddlesticks! There’s no action more Christian that taking the land away from people of other faiths.

Are atheists insane? Just as much as any religiousperson is insane. I have yet to really ever meet someone totally sane in this insane world. so sure atheists are insane just like any other human.

Do all Atheists believe the same way or the same thing, Hell no, that is silly.

For me if there is a supieror creature to us and it created us it would be a parental figure or a scientist working on an experiment, not a god. The word God is contradictory by my way of thinking, A supieror being just would not have a human ego nor ways of thinking about control. It does not make sense. A parental or scientific attitude yes (Scientific meaning a scientist running mice through a maze attitude.)

I just can’t see a superior being having such a pathetic thought of itself that it need sub creatures worshipping it. then punishing or rewarding. it makes no sense what so ever to me. We don’t worship our parents , we respect and honor them but, we are to become better then they. If I started worshipping my parents, they would lock me up as insane.

If this creature is of scientific makeup then I will be durned if I run through a maze. And perhaps my attitude helps the experiment.

I could go on with some other thoughts atheists may or may not have about believing or not believing but, why? You believe and that works for you and I respect that. My way works for me.

I really don’t care if you respect or agree. My ego is just peachy. I am happy with what I am and who I am and your opinions are just rain on a window. Pretty to watch, but ,can’t affect me.

Sombody wrote - Mick, you have not defended the credibility of the Bible. In fact, you’ve agreed with the principle that history could be entirely fabricated from imagination, and thus agreed that the Bible could be dead wrong about everything

You a crackhead on another planet mate?

watch the ad hominem miicky mick

debate the issues. not whetere or not soembody does crack.

Somebody’s reply -

Is that question intended to defend your religion?

Sickening.

Mick I have to say that your opinion is your own and you are welcome to express that. However calling some one a crackhead is hardly the sort of thing a so called “christian” would do. it makes me wonder if you are all you claim to be. Alittle freudian slip as to the real Mick I would say.