Is Jesus mankind's evolutionary prototype?

Is Jesus mankind’s evolutionary prototype?

No. The direction of evolution better described as moving outward, endlessly exploring possibility. It is not well described as moving upwards towards some specific goal.

Jesus the miracle worker was another possibility, not necessarily an indication of the inevitability that we will all become Godmen.

Awww man did I miss something?!!?!?!

I think that someone has actually addressed the thread topic :astonished:

After reading the prochrist here and the antichrist here, yep, xanderman is the only one that makes sense out of the question. Although I must agree with Dr. S on his stance. The prochrist statements here are like reading a pamphlet left on your door.

Okay then, fine.

Is Jesus mankind’s evolutionary prototype?

Yes. Jesus served as a perfect example of the outward movement of evolution. How; why, you ask? Simple, evolution for human beings, means doing exactly what xanderman said, exploring the many possibilities. Whats interesting though, is that in exploring the many, one encounters many lessons, and either chooses to continue to do what was done, or learn from it, and do something else. It appears that this is what ultimately cultivates what I would refer to as human ideals, or strong moral characteristics, such as that of Jesus. Is it not obvious then, that since we do things, and take on whatever roles we wish, that the laws of nature invariably push us to higher understanding of these roles, compelling us either to continue going the route we are on, or choose a different one? Life is about growth and change, this change occurs because we learn more, and move to a higher level of understanding. So the growth can be referred to as outward and higher. Whats the point of expanding, if you arent growing from the expansion per se? More specifically, how is this even possible? Jesus’ ideal character, was so because it professed high morality. If we didnt feel like morality was center to our being, or that it was important, why are there so many theories for it. I would more so put it like this, Jesus is an example of an evolutionary prototype. There cant be any one prototype. There are many, but all will have this moral character. This is the result of the outward evolution, the learning and understanding of the different roles we take on pushing us higher and higher all the while expanding. Inevitably though, when we reach the pinnacle, we will be different from Jesus because of the specific experience we had up until attaining this new role. So, the answer then, is yes. He is an evolutionary prototype, but one must attain to this level on his own, not copying or acting like someone else, and once the level is attained, then that person too, even being different from Jesus, will also be a prototype, having the same understanding; therefore expressing the near same values, but more than likely in a different way.

One possibility is that the universe is on the edge of a “quantum leap” change and that Jesus is the massager from this new eon. We see what this new “kingdom” is like in the Biblical accounts of the transfiguration (Mark 9) where we see people from different times and places are in one time and place.