"Mental" Illness: The Future of Treatment

in what way bad…i like fried food

Fried foods are known to clog arteries, which could lead to stroke and heart attack.

Laing may be right. Environment is the major factor in causing my depression.

a big part of my depression was trying to do something that was too much for me… and I broke down…

That’s also my experience. It’s all too easy for one to advise others to cope with whatever hell comes your way. Although the advice is often made with good intentions, it is often more fuel to the fires of depression. If I could cope, I wouldn’t be depressed. And there are experiences with which one should not have to cope.

my experience----I caused my problem…I chose something that was too hard…I should have read about the peter principle

Hindsight is 20/20. Where do you go from here?

I need to stick to the present…I need to forgive myself and move on…very hard to do

The only thing you need to forgive yourself for is the choice to simply ignore your unyielding relentless fear.

james I think you are right on this…fear

Agree. My fear is projecting current ills into the future. I see no way out, hence anxiety. Some fears are justified; that is, when they prompt someone to take care of present business. Being ill, I see no viable future, which makes current coping seem meaningless. For me, it’s all a problem of being in a negative environment and being unable to see past it.

In the night, all we need to navigate through our world is a candle.
Sure… the light of the candle will only illuminate a few feet ahead of us.
But with each step, that illumination follows us… just like our shadow follows us during the daytime.

Sometimes, the night enables us to give much needed attention to that which is in our immediate surroundings.

There will be periods of day where we can extend our vision to the horizon (and the night will become our shadow).
During these times, we ignore that which is in our immediate surroundings.

But it is unhelpful to desire the day during the night (a watched kettle never boils).
It is also unhelpful to desire the night during the day.

It is perfectly healthy to withdraw during the night and explore during the day.

A good philosophy for life
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_cK_cIydHY
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_cK_cIydHY[/youtube]

A song by someone who apparently has never experienced MI.

that name —the panics…interesting…I wish someone would post what a real panic attack is like…I dont think people realize
how awful those panic attacks can be…

A real panic attack goes from knots in the stomach to something that resembles a heart attack. Those are its physical manifestations. That shows what mind can do to body.

In MI the MBS trinity is broken and the parts (mind, body, spirit) war against each other. The divided psyche is hell. Is there any escape from this? Grin and bear it does not work. Only holistic therapy will work.

Sometimes I feel like my body is in a perpuatual panic attack. Can’t feel my hands!

Regarding the youtube clip from The Panics:

Do you suffer from a Mental Illness Trixie? Do you feel like you are alone and in silence?

That’ll be the additives in the food that they sneak in and on them, but that are messing with people’s bodies and minds.