Official: Post a Picture of Yourself

Eyes:

Mouth:

From the top:

gib,

Join the club, gib. I find that I very often cross it. But when it comes to children, I really do think that in this day and age of technolgogy, we need to fair on the paranoic side. Again it isnā€™t always paranoia.

I didnā€™t mean to imply that most parents donā€™t give a damn. I certainly did not mean to imply that with you. I know you well enough to intuit differently.
I donā€™t know what the percentage would be but many do give a great damn.
I am not a chess player but perhaps as a Mom, and a she dragon, :laughing: I have the ability to think three or four steps ahead, see different possibilities, and decide what hopefully is the best decision to make. I know it is not THAT simple. Perhaps all parents have this built-in fail safe but donā€™t always utilize or they forget that itā€™s there.
Thank you for your compliment. My children do think that I am awesome (most of the time :laughing: ) even though I do at times fail miserably.

Being loving in a rational reasonable way, I mean non-sentimental-like, being attentive, whatever form that takes (playing games wth them, listening to music with them, teaching children that behavior has consequences, knowing their friends, etcetera. There are many waysā€¦You can come up with more.

I think that was probably a good move, gib. After all, thatā€™s kind of a frivilous thing but at the same time itā€™s good for them to learn to solve their relationship problems on their own sometimes.
I wonder what Solomon would have done? Maybe went out and bought each of them their very own plate which they chose, whatever color they loved the best. And if they chose to, they could sometimes share it with the other.

Sometimes there are clear-cut answers and many times there are not. Sometimes we need to use tunnel visions and other times a great expansive vision.
When it comes to putting children on the internet, itā€™s really quite clear to me - but thatā€™s just me. I understand how much we value and are proud of our children but there are ways to get this message across, short of giving a predator a chance to be stimulated by the face of a child on the internet. Even saying that, at least to me, turns my stomach.

Thanks Arc. That means a lot. And I know you didnā€™t mean that about me.

:laughing: How many kids do you have, Arc? I remember reading somewhere here that you have a son? Am I remembering wrong? How old?

Iā€™m inclined to agree. Iā€™ve always felt that the number one most important thing to do for your children is to love them, and let them know theyā€™re loved. All the rest follows, of courseā€“the feeding, the bathing, helping with homework, etc.ā€“but these are trivial compared to showing love. Not that you can let these slide, but that if you want your kids to turn out all right (happy, healthy, on the right track, able to rise to challenges), making them feel loved by their mom and dad is number one. All these other things can vary from one parent to another, some of them being omitted even (within reason). Such variation may end up putting your kids into different life circumstances when they grow up, but they will do fine in whatever circumstances those happen to be as long as they feel they had (and still do have) loving parents. I think itā€™s the number one thing that builds confidence and a sense of securityā€“maybe because they will always feel they have someone to come to, that they will never be alone.

Whoa. Freezing.

[size=200]BOO![/size]

[attachment=0]image.jpg[/attachment]

Still alone in a room taking pictures of myself to display to strangers - umadjelly?

You canā€™t leave?

Nowhere to go. At least I donā€™t know of anywhere.

:laughing: Why donā€™t you just leave the house and start walking. Let your feet lead the way.
Iā€™ve read that feet can sometimes find solutions which the brain cannot. Just start walking.
Unless youā€™re in a locked cage.

What if he lives in Detroit? You really think thatā€™s good advice??

Hereā€™s one of me and a few of my old friends I hadnā€™t seen in a while. They all showed up here the day after xmas. Last time I was in a room with these 3 guys all at the same time was probably around 2001. I grew that hair for the winter. I figure with the vacations to CO and NY that I probably didnā€™t wanna have my normal shaved head, plus at the age of 34, occasionally, I have to grow some hair just to prove that I still can.
2013122795235629.jpg

Cool picture with the girl whose taking it in the background. Some of these guys look like theyā€™re intimidated by you but maybe itā€™s just the idea of a group portrait.

Gib, sorry to interupt here. I was just roaming through the posts and halted at this one.

The right approach would be to ask elder one to give the green plate to younger one, by telling the elder one that he/she is elder, thus wiser than the younger one, thus it is his/her duty to understand the childness of his/her yonger sibling. And also, the younger one should also be told that his/her elder sibling has been given his/her share so he/she (the younger one) should be thankful and respect the elder one on other occasions.

with love,
sanjay

We were all wasted. I have trouble picturing myself as someone who could be intimidating. I always feel like I"m holding back so much.

Hey Joe (good song that)
What ancestry/blood to you have going through your familia?

Iā€™m a mongrel human being. :laughing:

I have German, Irish, Scottish, English, Chinese and Aboriginal blood (And likely a lot more).

My father was adopted, so thereā€™s lots I donā€™t know. To add to the mix of influence, my adopted grandparents were Syrian.

Cool. I thought I saw some Aboriginal and perhaps some Mediterranean/Turkish features in your photos. It might be fun to follow the different lines up? (if that interests you, of course). You might have some colourful relatives. :wink:

This is me (Iā€™m new). The photo was taken less than a year ago.

Recent self-portrait, but Iā€™m digging through the old ones to see if I canā€™t pull out some Smears-rivaling afro-action from before I cut my hair.

You mean the ILP member formerly known as Smears. He now goes by the username Mr. Reasonable.

(although I have not seen any Mr. Reasonable pics sporting quite the afro as Smears was famous for, so that may still belong to Smear immemorial).