Our minds can never capture God in a concept.

And how do you know this? Were you there/ Or are you psychoanalyzing a myth?

I am giving you an analysis based on the Holy Gospel, if the holy gospel is true then so isn’t my words.

So you are saying that people in dreams are concious beings? But dream people are probably not conscious beings, which implies that earth people who are not of Me are not conscious beings either (I am Jesus the Second coming.)

If you subscribe to the possibility that we’re just manifestations of an all-encompassing Consciousness (some call it God’s dream) then you might conclude that we’re not really conscious either. If, however, you think dream people are conscious – i.e. separate conscious fragments of the dreamer – then you might believe we’re probably conscious too.

Intellectual metaphysics is all part of the entertainment industry so take your pick. As some Enlightened being once said: “It’s all fun and games until someone loses an ‘I’”

Reminds me of Zhuangzi’s Butterfly Dream …

Once upon a time, I, Chuang Chou, dreamt I was a butterfly, fluttering hither and thither, to all intents and purposes a butterfly. I was conscious only of my happiness as a butterfly, unaware that I was Chou. Soon I awakened, and there I was, veritably myself again. Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.

The temptations of Jesus were of pride, power and possession–all lures and traps for ego. These temptations addressed His human condition. That He overcame all of them suggests He overcame His own ego.

False dichotomy and rubbish. Where’s my third option, banging my head at this poor logic?

Wasn’t a triumph of ego, it was a triumph of logic and reason. What reason would Jesus have of jumping off a building? None. For what reason would Jesus trust a devil to give him the world, when he believes he is the Son of God and already owns the world?

Masculinity=logic and reason, ego, drive and creativity
Feminity=ego freeness, spirituality, emptiness and nihilism

Reminds of StarWars7. People who speak about StarWars7 don’t know StarWars7, and people who’ve seen StarWars7 can’t speak about it.

What have logic and reason got to do with creativity ? And are not spirituality
and emptiness and spirituality and nihilism mutually incompatible positions ?

I don’t think Jesus believed He owned the world. According to the myths, the Devil owns it. But I was attempting to see the temptations from a psychological perspective. So in your division of the sexes, would you describe Jesus as feminine?

duplicate

The ideal human is a daemon, or also known as “genius” referring to a person of wisdom. The common meaning of genius has been lost, it now refers to idiot savants, musicians, or mathematicians. A daemon is a mastery of both feminine and masculine energies. So Jesus was not only feminine, but masculine.

Buddhists seem pretty nihilist to me.

You can’t program games and movies without logic and reason.

But modern art seems to say that “art” is simply mindless splattering of paint. Even a used toilet is “art”, yes?

Ierrellus … some argue that Jesus was the first prominent ‘feminist’ … can’t recall the sources though.

If the Gnostic Gospels are authentic … some of his attitude and behaviour was certainly a significant departure from the Patriarchal culture of his day.

If I understand the Chinese philosophy of Yin Yang correctly … one of the forces (energies) Yang(masculine) … Yin(feminine) is always dominant … let’s say 50.01 Yang to 49.99 Yin … Yang is still dominant. The same philosophy also suggests each individual … regardless of gender … has both Yang and Yin.

Seems to me Yang(masculine) energy has been the dominant driving force behind human activities until recently … if the shift started with Jesus … the shift takes a long time eh!

Also seems rational that only Yin(feminine) dominant energy driving human activities can get us out of the mess we’re in … I don’t know :slight_smile:

Rubbish. Jesus was a fisher of men, and his twelve disciples were men. Buddha was the same, he said females were not allowed as disciples.

Of course you don’t know, because you are dominated by Yin. Yin is not a driving force, it is the absence of driving force. The masculine powers at play were unreasonable idiots, primarily that is why the world is in such a state. They had masculine drive, but no masculine intellect. Secondly, without masculine yang, you wouldn’t even have flushing toilets, you’d still be shitting in dirt in Africa right now.

At last … we agree :slight_smile:

When is masculine intellect scheduled to arrive within humanity?

Gospel of Mary

"Peter also opposed her in regard to these matters and asked them about the Savior. “Did he then speak secretly with a woman, in preference to us, and not openly? Are we to turn back and all listen to her? Did he prefer her to us?”

Karen King

“King also argues in favor of naming Mary Magdalene as the central figure in the Gospel of Mary. She summarizes: “It was precisely the traditions of Mary as a woman, as an exemplary disciple, a witness to the ministry of Jesus, a visionary of the glorified Jesus, and someone traditionally in contest with Peter, that made her the only figure who could play all the roles required to convey the messages and meanings of the Gospel of Mary.”

Gospel of Mary is not in the Bible.