Philosophy For Us Dummies

It can be looked at that way. It isn’t an entity, it just is. We are it’s aware side it seems. We are part of nature, which makes us what?

art—are you having trouble agreeing with something or somebody

happy new year to us dummies

happy new year to us dummies and the serious posters

all this god stuff is boring…I just had a little cardboarddough

you appear to talk a lot about stuff that bores you?

Agree with what? I just don’t agree with the definition of ‘god’ or what people seem to think it is.

what is YOUR definition of god…

I just had some wine ------cardboarddough…box wine

I just had some Redd’s apple/strawberry ale.

My definition of “god” is the fundamental force of nature in which strives through all of life. Knowledge can be counted as close to or a part of that force, a separate branch on it.

I just had a pizza and tonic water

Not that this supposed god would be either apples or fruitcake but I would dare to say more the fruitcake thingy.
A lot of bits of nice things and much bigger than an apple.
An apple is how we usually define god in that we limit it.
And I could better enjoy this god with a good cup of coffee. :mrgreen:

dummies----are we in a post holiday funk…so how about talking about social security…
I like it because my mom and dad like it…

I prefer social justice…

Europe and the UK are under attack by crazed Muslim extremists trying to cut our heads off… should we ban all knives and other sharp objects?

That will probably not help very much, Mags.

Ban the heads and the problem is solved

Interestingly Mags said “Europe and UK”. Perhaps Mags wants us to conclude that UK is not Europe. USA is not Europe, and it is told that Russia is not Europe, and it is also told that UK is not Europe. Hey! What is going to happen here?

Is that the reason?

Do the Europeans have to build a “Fortress Europe” again (like in the Second World War) ?

The French newspaper “Le Monde” shows where the border (yellow) of the “Fortress Europe” and the main gateways are.

Good thinking JR W, but how will we eat… or breathe for that matter? :confused:

The UK has only felt like a part of mainland Europe in the last few decades… I think most Brits would agree with that, as it has been said on many a debate show and in social discussions… being surrounded by water does that you know, but the UK is finally feeling much more European, but it doesn’t want to lose its heritage/it’s Britishness.