Satanism- The Balancer of the Universe

A large number of non-christians believe in equality and good vs evil.

Three words. Results, Reality and Pragmatism.
How you came to the conclusion Satanists ‘judge’ themselves based on others opinion is a head scratcher…Society is stratified, that simple.

Cool, learning is good. Go buy the Satanic bible, read. Go to churchofsatan.com, read.
There is plenty of information out there, I do not wish to spoonfeed it to you. Once you understand the core material we can get into specifics.

I agree, actually. This was obviously written by someone who had his own ‘take’ on Satanism. Satanism is not about the ‘supernatural’, while championing a life grounded in the ‘real world’
As an aside, I don’t believe altruism exists anyway, so for me this point is kinda moot.

IRONDOG,

No, I thought it inapropriate, and kind of creepy, that you asked me out of the blue if I do anal. That topped with the barrages of other non topic related personal questions you have asked in the past.
What does my ‘sig’ have to do with the topic of this thread?
Go away you pest.

Which is why I think that most people who label themselves Christians are using the label superficially.  I'm not biased against Satanism specifically in any respect, just against easily misinteperable, useless labels.

I may read the Satanic Bible, if I get done with my current backed-up reading list before I forget about it.

I must admit that I am a bit frustrated at your refusal to offer arguments based on the "specifics" of a philosophy, just because I don't already know said "specifics."  If I already understood Satanism in the exact same way that you did (which probably won't happen even if we both read many books on the subject) there would be no use in talking.

I'm an information hippie, though.

Emo,
You will excuse me if I am a bit short on this subject. The vast majority of people I have discussed Satanism with on these boards work off their ‘hollywood’ definition of Satanism, or attack a loose caracature of the real thing with an agenda. You seem to be genuinly interested. I am fully willing to discuss and even debate the preceps, philosophy and tenets of Satanism with anyone that has a fairly decent grasp of the subject material.

However I just can’t get it into a nutshell for you to work off, it is complex. There are lots of checks and ballances within the tenets of Satanism, and there are many defining qualities that have nothing whatsoever to do with autotheism or rational self interest.
And even if I could I wouldn’t, and in so doing would be displaying an aspect of Satanic philosophy :wink:
do for yourself

To say “if Satanism is just ‘looking out for number one’, isn’t almost everyone a Satanist?” is the exact same as saying everyone that believes in egalitarianism is a christian. There is simply much more to it than that.

Coming from someone who advertises he,s into sodomy & incest , thats brilliant , lol

just try to stay on topic irondog :slight_smile:

Thing is dave , we are on topic , we had been discussing self gratification and where the line is drawn earlier , perhaps scroll back a few posts you,ll see why my question is relevant .

You dont really say what you think , you,ve answered things here by saying other people are entitled to do as they please , but nobody was asking about other people in this instance , your avoiding questions directed at you .

For example , you agreed with aviemus in saying that you should sleep with your drunk cousin if need be , but when aviemus is asked " how about incest between brother and sister , where is the line drawn " , you step in and say " that was covered by the hot cousin thing " , your asked to expand , since aviemus had dissapeared , but instead you never answered ?

Discussion requires more than one person. I dont see how me asking you if your actually into the things you write about is inappropriate . I,d say sodomy and lust , sleeping with your cousin , and slashing someones tire for revenge are essentially anti values , so again do you believe in these anti values yourself and to what extent ?

Is uccisore right ?

And Scythekain adds ;

…Hotdog …corndog… get your ice cream , your cappucino

It doesn’t matter what his values are. The point is that since he is morally unanswerable to anyone but himself, he has no obligation to not cross-breed with his sister if that is consistant with whatever set of values he’s defined for himself.

To have anti-values, one must first define values.  To define these values beyond the individual is invalid - each is answerable only to themselves, and thus (theoretically) deterministic of their own morals.  It is invalid to try to assign somebody else's values the status of "anti-value" simply because they are in opposition to what socially agreed upon values - most mature person will decide upon their values for a reason that is more personal than blatant, immature, shock-value contradiction.

It really doesn't matter if he rapes his cousin - just that as long as he accepts the societal consequences he is morally unanswerable to nobody but himself.

How'd that sound, Doc?  I get tired of people like that too.

You seem to have gained some understanding.
Ballance what you said with the concept of ‘lex talionis’ and all that entails, as well as ballancing it all against the 9 Satanic Sins and 11 Satanic rules of the earth, and you basicly have it.
Checks and ballances.

Anton LaVey . faux Satanist

panix.com/~scmiller/goodbye/nov97/lavey.html

I never realized Anton played keyboard and made a series of recordings, including one called " Satan Takes a Holiday "

As usual, you are clueless.
Ad-homs are meaningless to me.

Where is the Ad hom ?

Recordings of Anton LaVey

The Satanic Mass, LP (Murgenstrumm Records, 1968; re-released on CD with one bonus track, “Hymn of the Satanic Empire, or The Battle Hymn of the Apocalypse,” by Amarillo Records, 1994; Mephisto Media, 2001)

Answer Me/Honolulu Baby, 7" single (Amarillo Records, 1993)
Strange Music, 10" EP (Amarillo Records, 1994; now available through Reptilian Records)

Satan Takes A Holiday, CD (Amarillo Records, 1995; now available through Reptilian Records)

You obviously don’t understand what an ‘ad hom’ is. No surprise, as around here most seem to think that any personal attack constitutes an ‘ad hom’ It doesn’t
An ad hom argument is an argument designed to discredit an idea based on the person that coined said idea. It is completely fallacious and really adds up to nothing.
Pizza isn’t good because the person that invented it was an alcoholic!
…weak…useless…reasoning.

Not all the time though .

I dont really have an opinion on Anton Lavey , he is interesting however . But I know His own family & friends even discredited his teachings.

Here is a link to an article called " Anton Lavey : Legend & Reality " , written by Laveys estranged Daughter ;

thefirewithin.dk/library/anton.htm

Seems Old Anton was a bit of a fraudster according to those who knew him well

Serial killers like German Fritz haarman would have liked the sound of that !

He was into butchering people and selling their flesh to markets , but according to what you say this was ok , as long as he is,nt caught .

Its spelled balance

yawn
Are you still talking?
From this point on…I think you shall no longer exist

I actually think you might be a clever guy , satanism is not a bad thing , I can see where you are coming from , just I think you are immersed in too much shit psychologically for your own good .

Please understand that satanism as created by Anton lavey was a money making scam .

Practically none of what he says regarding his life is true . So you may say this is not important , you may say :

And yes , this would be practical , but nonetheless try to understand that the satanic bible is all just common sense anyway .

You dont need the label , its so late 60s , ditch the label , and the pantomime , the laughable play on the " dark side "

Lavey only behaved that way when the satanic church came about because it was new and interesting , a provocation , which was relevant in the 60s and 70s because of how absurd religious authority had come to be . But times have changed and its not quite like that anymore .

The only people you are intimidating now are extremly feeble superstitious chistians , why do you want to bother them so much ?

If however you believe in common sense , well just live an exemplary life , but you dont need a label to do that . Move on , nobody cares anymore !

Listen to Miles , whats he saying ?

Ok, one more reply to this ridiculous line of questioning, then I’m done

If you understood the mindset, you would understand this isn’t a problem at all.

Anyway, yes,there is a lot of disinformation about Dr. LaVey. All of it perpetrated by her daughter zeena, at the request of Dr. Michael Aquiano, founder of the Temple of Set, which is a spin off of the CoS with serious sour grapes. That too is a long story…
Sufice it to say I personally know Peggy Nadramia and Blanche Barton, both of whom were intimite aquantances of Dr.LaVey. (Barton, of course, is the late doktors wife.)
I have heard all sides, I know what’s up. You aren’t saying anything to me I haven’t heard a million times before, and already completely investigated.
That is all.

If you understood what it means to actually read what others say to you , you would,nt have missed me telling you that very thing " that it should,nt be a problem " in my last post .

Learning from Laveys works despite him being a sadistic , wife beating , cruel bastard to animals is ok , if you like to learn from that sort of a man Dave …

…But my point is essentially that you have a label which is both out of date and ridiculous , as I explained in my previous post . But again you change the subject . You dont answer why you have chosen to label yourself with something which is clearly absurd these days.

These people know nothing about Thoth . Absolutely comical .

xeper.org/setne/

Satanism is supposed to be about common sense , I like common sense , but Im not satanist , nor any religion , nor would I start a religion called " church of common sense " and have disciples called " sensists " because I dont need the label . It confines me , I am greater than organized religion . As the proverb goes " its lucky to be born into a religion , but very unlucky to die being part of one " . I wish you understood what this means .

Christian , satanist , muslim ?

" So What "

Miles was saying so what