Skyrim: kicking dragon ass

I Played it till after I did a few missions in Hong Kong but didn’t get any further (wanted too but I was borrowing the game).

Okay, I got to Sovngarde and defeated Alduin. Did I beat the game? Is there anything left of the main quest? I’ve gotten a little tired of Skyrim and haven’t been playing very often, but since I put in so many hours it would be nice to have completed the damn game.

You should frame that with a spoiler, any ways yes that is the end of the Main quest.

Bah, I think you can anticipate facing Alduin from the beginning of the game. It seems like they should have had some kind of special sequence or something to mark the end of the main quest line.

They don’t and if anything the dragons become more frequent in attacking you. So much for progress. :slight_smile:

[tab]The end sequence in as much as credits don’t roll, fireworks don’t go off, you don’t get multiple blow jobs etc, for me was on the big mountain with that elder dragon dude taking over the reigns. Yours may differ depending on how you played out the game.[/tab]

I’m playing Assassins creed atm, Just started memory block 5, It’s suddenly ramped up the difficulty level, with guards everywhere and regular patrols of 5 or so, which means I spend a lot of time atm fighting guards, which I have to admit I kinda enjoy. Hard work now, anybody would of though there’d been a murder or somit. :wink:

Assassins creed two next, then brotherhood. Will get back to Skyrim at some point.

I want to play Mass effect 3 but my xbox broke (the 4th goddam one) :frowning: and it’s coming out in 3 days.

I know a guy who literally buys every console platform that comes out, and he owns a top notch PC he upgrades every couple of years. Bastard. Wish I could afford to do that. Certainly would be one solution to your woes. :wink:

Assassins creed is pissing me off, 5 assassinations in 5 minutes without being spotted trying to knife them once. Shazbat. And the pick pocket job is in the middle of the entire “Syrian” army. Well not quite but since it’s patrol central you have to wait 10 minutes just for a slim chance at a pickpocket. I don’t mind hard, I’ve rethought my strategy, I’m going to kill all the patrols and bullying guards. At least that way when I start it I wont have to wait four years to get the info. There’s a certain fun to be had throwing the nut cases and beggars about in this game. Is that wrong. :slight_smile:

By the way I’m not an expert swordsman but a master swordsman unless he had the element of surprise and a lot of luck would be hard pressed to kill 5 competent guards, let alone 7 at once. That’s not realistic. As much as the combat is easy and intuitive (aside from the counter strike, strike and repost instant kill which rarely seems to come off for me) seven guards would more effectively wolf pack you than they do, constantly keeping you shifting by attacking in patterns that are unpredictable and constant. I think you’d have to be the greatest living swordsman to survive seven at once, without any other advantage and in an open space.

Well I believe there is an achievment for it.

Calrid,

I don’t know if they hire for such positions on-line, but you really should look into being a video game reviewer. Hearing you talk about these games makes me want to play every one of them. I have little time for video games, though, and increasingly find myself (on the occasions I do have time) trying to become the greatest in the world on Mario Kart Wii.

Angryjoe already does that.

I’m too old. I’ve seen adverts a few times, and it’s always 18-30. Sad really apparently as soon as you hit 30 you lose all that valuable gaming experience you had and become too old to possibly relate to today’s y00t. :laughing:

Thanks though.

I think I might try this assassination with just 4 information missions of 6, I don’t usually but the last two missions are causing me serious problems. Oh well one last try…

EDIT: incidentally I gave up on those two missions, utter gits, went for the kill. Got it. Wasn’t too bad, although I actually failed the second assassination for the first time because I fell in the water, Altaír cannot swim even in light armour. So anyway all’s well now, the second guy on memory block five was much easier despite my inability to swim, although more of a chase, at least the information challenges were doable to some extent, only missed one this time, the stupid assassinate 3 Teutonic knights thing: did it the first time got two, jumped over a wall, and some guy who has X-ray vision pegged me as an Assassin of a person he couldn’t even see! Gah. I was not even visible to myself when I killed him let alone anyone else, the alert level was green! German’s very easy to kill, I must of been a psycho in a previous life. :wink:

Anywho now on the last mission, kill the Frenchman, for some reason I find killing French people soothing on the soul, must be my English genetic memory. :slight_smile:

I should probably review this game at some point, it’s possibly too short, and the Assassinations are way too easy, but I think it’s a damn fine game all the same. :slight_smile:

Good God I tried playing Skyrim today, after a hefty week long session of Assassin’s Creed. Even after a week of forbearance from the game I was playing like an amateur, pressing the wrong buttons forgetting the right things. That said I kept on the master level, but it wasn’t easy, I had to even make potions between times to keep up, use every trick in the book and survive on a knife edge. Good Jesus our lord, the magic users would often cast spells that would do 400 damage, and if I wasn’t on full health I would die instantly. I love this game, Assassin’s Creed gets hard later on, but it’s not as hard as Skyrim. Skyrim is a man (or woman’s) game, not for kids. Said it before but game of the decade, I don’t think anything can touch it atm. We shall see…

Think I’ll buy this for the summer hols.

Calrid,

You should just write a lengthly review and send it in to a few different gaming magazines, or websites. You could even do a few Reviews, but send them in to all of them and see if any of them make you an offer. The way you describe the games is highly engaging, I would think that age-related application requirements would go out the window when they see what you can bring to the table.

I’ll think about it. :slight_smile:

Ah anyway playing Assassins Creed II now after completing the first one, I have to say it’s much better, the graphics are tasty (although Assasins creed hardly lacked for nice graphics), the plot is Italian with a deal of good plots, and it brings you in well. I’ll probably talk about it later more completely; got out of Firenzo right now, then back to Firenzo. On sort of the Florence trail atm. Much bigger game, beautiful graphics, a lot of work went into this, that’s not to say a lot of work didn’t go into the first one, but you feel more involved in this one because of the history being revealed as you go, even if it is made up in part. This is Assassins Creed with more depth. That said still playing Skyrim, I have to it has my heart, but not as much as I used to, perhaps the Creed games have wooed me, perhaps I will fall in love with a new flame. :slight_smile:

You ever play Civilization V?

I have it and yes, but I think CIV was better, Civ 4 for the knowless. It’s ok but it doesn’t really move the genre on much, it’s kinda like Star Trek 3, a place holder for better films. I played CIV on multiplayer it was a very good experience, playing CiV is not so much worth it. The single player is ok, but it loses a lot on CIV, so I reckon most players should stick with the earlier version, especially for multiplayer. Bring on CiVI by which I mean Civ 6.

You like the hexagon spaces, and the inability to stack units right?

And how ungraded phalanxes can’t stop a tank.

In Civ 5 1upt is ok, it does stop the stack attack strategy where you just build a stupendous stack and annihilate everything. Tanks haven’t been that weak since Civ 3. :slight_smile: