Skyrim: kicking dragon ass

How come in Brotherhood Etzio refuses to climb on top of the wall on the PC version, I watched the xbox run through and he makes it up no trouble, is my game bugged? Supposed to fire at the enemy artillery but I can’t even get on the wall.

Neither the normal jump grab hold works nor the extra high leap and grab, how bizarre, the wall is literally a step at this point, a 2 year old could probably climb it?

Fack this is silly I’m going to play LoTRO instead at least the game lets you do shit. :frowning:

Theres usually little pieces of wall your supposed to grab onto did you miss them. :slight_smile:

Idk just start over.

Yeah I’m going to it’s bugged, the climb is just a matter of stepping onto a place. It just doesn’t seem to be able to do it…?

Early days I’ll just start a new session and hope it doesn’t happen again.

Do youy play any other multiplayer games on the P.C.?

Not atm but I have LOTRO rocks though. It’s like WoW without the annoying kids. :smiley:

Id’ like to get back into civ again but CiV is kinda dumb on MP.

I made number 2 on the ladder in CIV, whilst that means jack shit it was not easy to do. I had to get in with the in crowd, play with the top 10 and then beat them. They were good, but not that good. Damn fun experience playing with the real high flyers, when they say you played well it means something. Play The World. Sadly I never got the chance to beat the number 1, but meh I could of. :smiley:

Let’s face it though AI sucks, the only real challenge is with MP. When your stats are good on MP you know you are good.

Yeah Civ is fuckin slow, and my internet connection is too unreliable to invest in a 5 hour game (on quick game) that i’m just gonna lose connections too.

I’m considering not getting an Xbox anymore, i’ve had 5 Xbox’s and they all broke for stupid reasons.

Just asking cuz i have about 3 Friends on my Steam account. :smiley:

Well I could be tempted to do just about any MP, and you seem a nice enough guy, pm me, we can always see what we might play?

Interestingly the reason I am on this web site is because I met a guy called Cartesian Fart on CivIII, he was from America, Good guy, for a Merkin, liked his philosophy too. :smiley:

Given up on consoles for the time being, they are ok but PCs are the real winner for MP.

I got on top of the wall on the second play through!

Turns out it was bugged after all! Hurrrah! Now I just have to singlehandedly take out the rest of the Papal army and I’m home free.

i think i might try this, i’m probably gonna be bored with Civilization IV soon.

Assassins Creed II is really good, brotherhood apparently has multiplayer too though not tried it.

As games go though I’d say Skyrim I’d give

Sound 99%
Graphics 99%
Playability 100%
Addictiveness 100%
Longevity 100%

Where as Assassins creed two I’d only rate around 95% in all those. Skyrim will keep you occupied for months. But if you just want a quick fix and conscience free mayhem and murder Assassins Creed is your game. Skyrim has some pretty grown up plots though, but then so does the AC genre, what do you like heroic fantasy or conspiracy theory and wars between Illuminati like organisations on a global scale, AC is your man there. :smiley:

For multiplayer though I’d say LOTRO is the best I’ve played, simply because it has a f2p option and its constantly updating as the party marches inevitably towards Mount Doom. Kicking Durin’s Banes ass is amazing with a party, although Gandalf solo’d him, tough old bastard. :smiley:

Brotherhood is once agan pissing me off, it seems I now have to stop a siege tower by killing all the men in it, the problem is once the grunts are killed and I get to the brutes with war axes, the moron refuses to press any attack, instead always stopping to ineffectually fling sand at the foe, or kicking them to open their defences and then just standing there like a lemon until they recover, my double attack or any combination skill appears not to work? Also very weird? Counter attack of course does not work against a war axe, so I am completely out of options… Maybe if I taunt him and he runs after me he might have a coronary?

Dodge if your using your long arm against a war axe (or better yet buy a two handed weapon) then strike them or switch to your bare hands and then you can just counter and take his axe.

Yeah tried it I think it’s just bugged again, but thanks for the advice. :smiley:

Sorry if posted but this is pretty amazing: collegehumor.com/video/67473 … m-hoarders

This thread reminds me of the Nietzschean last man scenerio.

Why?

Lol. You know CN, I have been thinking lately that you see Nietzsche as a small piece of a bigger attack against philosophy.

I’ve started playing Skyrim again, downloaded a bunch o mods for it too.

What graphics cards do you guys have in your PCs? A couple years ago I upgraded to GeForce 8600, which can handle everything pre-2006 and which at the time could handle new games on low settings, but now I’m finding it a bit…limiting. Assassin’s Creed 2 lags a bit too much for my taste. Thinking about maybe upgrading sometime this year.

Gforce9500GT