Spirituality

Lev,
“How will they know without a teacher?” Socrates thought we already knew, but the knowledge has to be exhumed via the proper questioning. The Tao is a way, Grasshopper. It must be learned.

spiritual but not religious…that is what I am thinking now…I think mainly about how I am behaving…how am I managing my thoughts and words …how am I doing…I look anywhere I can to learn how I want to live…do I feel good about myself…do I like what I am doing or not doing…

A religious person might ask him/her -self the same questions though no?
What part does consciousness and self-realization play when it comes to spiritual things?

idk—but I think you have to take care of mind body and spirit to be healthy…arc what are your ideas

Sex with a woman who thinks of herself as priestess. This is one good thing about spirituality. Dancing naked around the campfire and when the sun rises to jump in the river. Somehow this makes the sun divine.

I think its just a word for having a truly good time and living healthy. Spirit is like life 2.0, its just slightly better in all respects. Spirtuality is the heritage of the millions of people who paid attention to the consequences of their thoughts.

how about your relations with yourself and others

Well teach with lies and dogma?

Solitude and contemplation contains its own teaching.
The spirit is unique to each of us and cannot be given by another; it must be found within.

lev what kind of shit are you talking…don’t you have some people you follow…isn’t there anybody smarter than you…

The spirit is very much more connected with the processing of the informations in the brain, whereas the soul (originally it was the correct English translation for the Ancient Greek word “psyche”) is more connected with the Platonic, the Platonico-Christian realm (heaven as the Christian example).

Yes. (See also above: “soul” as the English translation for the Ancient Greek word “psyche” was the original and the correct one.)

No. (See also above: distinction between spirit and soul.)

They are not simply aspects of the human psyche. Additionally the “modern” meaning of the word “psyche” is different from the meaning of the Ancient Greek word “psyche”. (See also above: “soul” as the English translation for the Ancient Greek word “psyche” was the original and the correct one. And see also my thread: "Suggestions to the question: »What is ›psyche‹?«".)

Arm,
Thanks for the clarifications. Do you believe we have souls?

ier please tell what you mean by soul…

An inner sense that strives to get relationships with others and nature right. The essence of conscience. The will to do no harm.

what parts of the brain are involved with your soul…is the reptilian brain part of your soul…

Of course. The reptilian brain provides the drive to survive. With survival, other possibilities can emerge–such as will to be pure in heart.

I think we can use terms like soul and spirit because we don’t know that much about the mind or brain…

What’s in a name? We know enough to know how to be empathetic and compassionate.

I guess that you mean me, Ierrellus. I do not like shortened names.

I believe and I do not believe in souls, because I am a doubter when it comes to believe in souls. Also I want and I do not want to believe that we have souls. So my answer to your question contains a “yes” and a “no”.

I guess that you certainly believe we have souls. Is that right, Ierrellus? And, if so, do merely we - the human beings - have souls or other living beings as well?

How would you define “soul” if we do not think in terms of the supernaturaland the soul being eternal - but simply the human soul then?
Might there be something like a human kind of soul?

Or to truly hate with a passion.

everybody has a soul…according to me…I like the concept…it has to do only with nature…not religion…not god…not church…not going to heaven…but a soul that needs tending…the mind the body and the spirit needs taken care of…we want health and well-being…I do…