The Way of the whale

I’m sure all of you are aware of the whale that tried to beach itself in central London. Personally I feel that there is something symbolic behind this whale’s decision to beach itself in central London. I mean it is a long way to the ocean from London. A long way. I sense the whale is revealing something to us. Something very natural and in accordance with nature. I mean it is not acting outside of it’s nature. But nature has become unbalanced and extreme incidents like this are beginning to occur more frequently, a sort of balancing. A balancing to our disrespectful treatment of our planet. Our environment is afterall a reflection of our human heart.

What does it mean and how do we beging to establish a healthier natural environment.

A

I wonder what kind of frozen-water crystal would the line ‘Beached whale in central London’ have induced. Dr Emoto, get your camera ready…

Hi Angel,

In July 2002 at Chapin Memorial Beach 56 pilot whales stranded on the tidal flats about a half-mile from shore. Fortunately 46 whales survived the stranding but 10 died on the beach. In January 2005 at least 37 whales beached themselves and died along the North Carolina shore soon after Navy vessels on a deep-water training mission off the coast used powerful sonar as part of the exercise. Whales are intelligent, sensitive mammals – especially sound-sensitive. Killer whales particularly have well-developed, acute senses. They can hear a vast range of sounds and possess skin that is sensitive to touch. Killer whales even have excellent vision in and out of water.

Mankind seems to be in a particularly odd state. He is discovering the amazing facts about his life-support system and its co-occupants, some of them alarming, and yet some “higher cause” makes him look away. We are learning a lot about our own abilities, that our empathy is able to be further developed, that through discipline we could even control individual organs, but we choose to ignore this and instead sacrifice ourselves to Mammon. If this isn’t proof of the terrible condition of Mankind, I don’t know what would be.

I too get the eerie feeling that these examples are more than just disorientation, although of course that will be a major cause. I get the feeling that the intelligence of these creatures is greatly misrepresented, probably because we have no way of measuring or comparing it, and that sometimes they try to tell us something that we should understand, and perhaps we do hear that message on an exceptional spiritual level but have no experience with this kind of communication.

Yes, I think that this is the message that early scriptures were transporting, that the state of the world reflects greatly the state of Mankind. It is mirror of our collective soul and should be read in that way. This seems to me to be what was lost in idolatry, people having assumed that whatever was behind this amazing perception could be something like us, whereas in fact we have assets that make us in some ways like the Ineffable.

If the environment reflects our heart, then in all probability ecology must not just heal nature, but contribute to the healing of hearts. However that may happen.

Shalom

Hi Bob,

You have a beautiful way with words Bob. In order for us though to harmonise our ecology we must find it in our hearts. Our hearts hold the key. Of course there is this symbiotic relationship but in our hearts we are already aware that we are the gods and the creators of mother earth. If only we would realise how much power we have and get on with it. Amazing the power of thought isn’t it?

I was thinking this evening about the actual message(s) of this whale. In fact the way us humans chose to deal with it is also very interesting to me. We said, “hang on a minute, you whale cannot make such decisions and in fact we’re going to step in and put you back where you belong.” Only the whale died. The message must be, “you’re killing us!” The collective us. Seems pretty straight forward really. Had we chosen to leave the whale, the outcome might have been entirely different. It seems to me that whales are acutely aware, tuned in creatures. The message appears to be twofold and still deepening…

A

Hello F(r)iends,

Would you look at that:

All this time we’ve been trying to save the whales when in reality the whales are going to save us…

-Thirst4Irony

Thirst,

It is clear you have no idea what this thread is about. For once it would be nice to have some discussion around an idea that is beyond conventional thought, if you have no understanding or any ideas of what is trying to be expressed here, don’t post. Why you feel the need to take the mickey is beyond me.

A

Hello F(r)iends,

LA, what are you talking about?

You pointed out that the whale made a decision to give us a symbolic act!
You pointed out that the whale was “revealing” something to us…
You inferred that what is occuring is that our mistreatment of the earth must be revealed
You assert that these revealations are a sort of “balancing

I found it ironic that we try to save the whales and now the whales are going to save us! They are giving us the signs in an attempt to alert us of our disbalance–a disbalance that will surely lead to our doom. Those fucking whales are great!

Nowhere did I claim anything beyond what you were suggesting. I merely restated your assertions in a clear enough manner so that non-mystics would understand. Now, that you don’t like to speak plainly is your business; that once you read your own position in plain terms and perhaps find it embarrassing is not my issue…

Respectfully,

-Thirst4BrilliantWhales

You’re right Thirst. I jumped to conclusions. Guess I’m too sensitive of late.

I apologise.

A

Hello F(r)iends,

No, LA, perhaps you are correct.

I should learn to speak unconventionally in order to maximize understanding…

I’ll try harder next time.

-Thirst

EDIT:

Ah, but I do speak plainly. I was of course referring to unconventional ideas man, not unconventional language. If there are those who do not understand, it is not because I don’t specify, it is because those do not understand. I am not embarrassed of my position. Said like that, your perspective makes total sense. Why wouldn’t a whale take the position of teacher?

:smiley:

A

One of my favorite contentions, laid out in many a vitriolic discourse over the technological “advances” of mankind has always been: If homo sapien is the apex of creation, this is a sad fucking affair we are all involved in. I will never leave that thought aside.

My wife had the opportunity to “Swim with dolphins” in San Diego. I can say honestly and without shame, even after all our years together, she was of a mind that animals were lesser creatures. That 4 hours with dolphins changed that, thankfully.

My wife is never one to show “metaphysical” beliefs, being highly pragmatic and practical. She didn’t understand how a “lesser being” could command such respect and empathy from her, (she became acutely aware of the fact that although she enjoyed the experience, the dolphins made it clear that their captivity was something unnatural to them).

I never said a word to her about, other than, “think about it”. It took visit to the doctor for her to figure it out. Two of the dolphins had gently and repeatedly proded at her lower abdomen while she was in the pool with them. Her OB/G pointed out she had masses of ovarian cysts. Enough of the story though.

There are creatures on this planet suffering from our pointless avarice and planetary desication. They are aware, highly aware, all too often of the futility of their own existence in the face of the “ultimate” forward seeing, backward thinking predator.

Unfortunately, humans don’t learn lessons as a species, we learn them individually, and even then, there are those who continue to disagree. We won’t undo what we have done, or even make the real attempt to do so, until it is far too late. History, sadly, is on my side.

We learn our lessons individually but collectively we realise.

If we think we cannot change then of course we cannot change. All change is first created in our minds. Do you want it? How badly do you want it? If we truly were able to be aware of every single thought we have, we would truly become aware of our power to create. Create our lives, our world. Frankly it is up to you to make the change. We are those. If we wait for someone else then it ain’t gonna happen. Take responsibility.

Our thoughts are the very essence of creation.

A

Perhaps for those who seek to allow creation to manifest their existence dear angel. But this is where philosophical objectivity comes into play:

It has been clearly understood since Ptah Hotep, (according to him, in his own words, even before his time), that those who seek knowledge and understanding in the world are the limited and few, not the majority.

I cannot, and will not waste my mortal existence, attempting to bring clarity to the herded mass of fools who comprise the greatest majority of this world. They are far too many in number, and wholly unwilling to deal with the macrocosm of the world, the are too busy trivializing existence with mundane trevails of basic existence.

Add to that the fact that I have zero diplomatic ability, I am not capable of swaying politicians, so my second avenue is closed.

I can foolishly hope for the best, but again, history is on my side: Humanity doesn’t learn lessons until the ultimate holocaust occurs, then the dramatic grieving, weeping, sobbing takes place to set the stage for self pity because we, as a species, just don’t get it, and never have.

Sorry if I am sounding harsh, but we do not work to create an all encompassing reality. We work to create the reality that is best for us in our insipidly inane microscosmic fashion.

I understand Mastriani.

But really one only needs to take responsibility for one’s own actions. It is in this act that naturally others are inspired by your example. The signs are there for all of us to read, if only the sign readers can read then it is they who should take responsibility.

I wonder if the divinities have said: “There is nothing more that we can do”. I imagine that they continue to send signs even in the face of disaster until the very end, until man cannot take one more breath. They do not desert us, we should do what we can.

Have you heard the story of the little bird who’s forest was on fire? He fetched water in his beak and sprayed it on the forest. Another animal came along and said: “How stupid of you. You are so small, what can you do?” The little bird said: “My family is in there, I must do what I can, I cannot stand by and do nothing.”

The entire world is my family, how can I stand by and do nothing? Surely the signs are for all to read?

A

I can’t disagree with what you are saying angel. I know it is true. Perhaps my negativism is created by the enormity of the situation, and a feeling of smallness in relation. I will think about this for some time.

edited

Well done W. J. That says it all.

Yes indeed WJ. Indeed.

A

Hi WJ,

Thats one of those quotes that I would have liked to have made, very fitting!

Shalom

Hello F(r)iends,

This is precisely how I feel about vegetables…
We have made slaves of these nations, their pain and death means our survival.

-Thirst