What it means

Bob

Your refusal shows that you are either tolerant or in favor of selective religious bigoted expression depending on your personal sensitivities. This is the norm so you are not alone. You can speak of humble and meek all you like but if this is what it means to you, it only means cowardice to me.

This is why all the wishful thinking, wonderful thoughts, and fine speeches about intuition mean nothing. They are based on imagination and as such are nothing but an attempt at self justification.

Changed my mind. You’ve been given every opportunity to behave and stop acting like a spoiled child who hasn’t gotten their way. It isn’t pathetic any longer. Your deliberate acting out the role of “spoiler” continues, and it deserves all the derision that can be heaped upon it.

Tentative

Curious how the vital questions of our attitudes towards religious bigotry and sincerity as they concern spiritual paths are considered that of the “spoiler.” It is essential in this day and age for the good religion can provide Man that those expressing the hypocrisy you do be seen for what it is. If not religion degenerates more and more into the direction of complete fantasy.

I quote greats of the past and post accurate questions as I did to Bob and you go berzerk. Have you ever wondered why that is? The Tao is no good to anyone if it is used as a means to justify ones inner lies.

Save all of your rationalizations for someone who cares. At what point do you get the POINT?

You’ve been shown more patience, been given more opportunities than anyone in the forums, and you still don’t get it.

There is a difference between being intelligent and being smart. You have the former and none of the latter.

I earlier said pathetic but I mispelled. The word is pathological.

Tentative

I had no idea that you had such a degree in psychology that could conclude such derogatrory remarks. Do you really believe that the anger you post with appears rational?

But the sad thing is that I just quote those like Plato, Simone Weil, and Meister Eckhart. I agree with them. You find Plato’s cave analogy offensive but it is highly respected in philosophy. Your inability to discuss it, its implications, and attempts at censorship is an attack on classic philosophy and prejudice against Eastern Orthodox Christian conceptions…

Your atempts at shouting down thought you disagree with is the most offensive thing to real philosophy and I will fight against that for the good of both Man and society.

Sometimes, it all depends.

In the wild, quick judgment means the difference between survival and death. Remember our origins. We’re built for a certain kind of life-style.

You really expect people to forget? I’ve discussed plato’s cave numerous times, it’s implications, and my own understanding of it. That it is different than your position is interesting but it doesn’t warrant your ‘red herring’ statement that I’m attempting to censor and show “prejudice against Orthodox Christian conceptions…” That is your own grandiose analysis.

For the good of Man and society? Do you have any possible way of seeing just how stupid that sounds? You are so full of yourself you cannot see you’re your own worst enemy. And no, I don’t have a degree that allows me to say pathological. I don’t need one. You’ve passed the term into common every day understanding.

Nick, I tried explanation, I tried confrontation. I tried pushing you out of my threads. I even tried calm respectful discussion of differences. But that wasn’t good enough. You have come back acting as a spoiler, offering nothing but snideness and disrupting serious discourse. That isn’t just my judgement, but the judgement of any number of people who have called you on your unwillingness to allow any discussion that doesn’t fit your pre-conceived ideas.

You say that I shout down thought I disagree with? No Nick. You’re the one doing that. Apparently for the “good of Man and society”. Enough. Continue until your disruptions will no longer be tolerated. You wouldn’t be the first, and you won’t be the last.

Tentative

Oh really? I must have missed it. Please provide a link. However, I can find many anti Christian quotes from you.

Yes I know how stupid it sounds. I know how stupid it sounded when people were so full of themselves that they stood up against racism as well. I know how many called it stupid. I know how stupid it sounded when Bettejo went to Iraq as part of a peace team. It was very stupid. Maybe its me but I appreciate these stupid people and don’t mind participating in similar stupid objections concerning bigoted religious expression.

Amazing how everything revolves around you. Perhaps if you also tried opening your mind a bit it could help.

This is not a board for serious discourse. If it was you’d have to delete more than half of it. I tried to create one and it was decided not to be wanted. This being the case, as long as I am within the rules and not like you with all your ad homs, by definition “spoiler” has no meaning. I’ve explained my intent precisely.

You are completely blind to your own faults. I will continue posting the common sense you define as disruptive. Whatever happens happens but I won’t back down to prejudicial threats against classical philosophy and will take it from there.

LMAO … listening to Nick is like listening to Hussein … same uninsightful rhetoric, and always the enemy is someone other than the speaker.

Once again Nick, tentative is right, you deserve every bit of derision cast at you, because you don’t get it now, and you never will.

When someone like Bob makes a point of directly confronting you, almost any number of people would take that as a reason to pause and see if it was worth reflecting upon. Not Nick … no, it is everyone else who is the problem … LMAO.

Do us all a favor Nick, go live in Plato’s cave, take a millenia … seriously, please.

Mastriani

Another essential difference. You are guided by WHO says something and my concern is for WHAT is said.

Leave??? You need me for common sense. :slight_smile:

I tell ya, when you think you’ve heard it all, somehow it always seems to get one better. Philosophy, Love of Wisdom… Where did you go?

Hello F(r)iends,

You hypocrites. You sit there and deride Nick because he thinks differently than you. He has offended your intepretations of your precious religion and suddenly you rant and rave against him. You call him pathetic and pathological. Yet you do nothing to prevent the Dans of this world from shitting on every other religion nor do you shide him and condemn him. Your stench is enough to make one gag.

You moderators sit there and allow people to call politicians “village idiots” but if someone compares the Tao to a religion, then suddenly your interests perk up and your hypocrisy shines through.

You brood of vipers.

-Thirst

What did vipers ever do to you?

Hello F(r)iends,

Nothing to me, I’m a mongoose.
It is their potential posion and what they do to others that bugs me.

-Thirst4RickyTicky

Ucc

Not everyone is so tied to a clique that they cannot smell the coffee.

I’m happy to see Thirst post with the courage of someone that doesn’t have to directly experience the potential he speaks of to be repulsed by it. That is the issue.

A tip of the cap to Thirst.

I’m happy that some can see. I had PM from an apparent young woman that was happy that I was willing to stand up to these people and offered if she didn’t have a boy friend to make out with me. I take that as an honor but know as a middle age guy, I’d be a disappointment. :slight_smile: But still, it is the thought and the awareness and I was happy to receive such a nice surprising PM.

It really is something to me how the same events can strike people so differently.

“prevent the Dans of this world from shitting on every other religion”
^
Hold that up as a protest sign, and become an activist. :laughing:

That’s because the Tao is so sexy.
Ain’t nobody messes with the Tao.
The Tao is like General pow, someone you can trust.
Bust a move and save America from evil forces.

Supa fly.

What the hell?

Show those mean people who’s boss.
Good boy, here, have a pussy, or alternatively, a bisket.
#-o

You know, I think it’s simple to encourage people.
I wonder why people don’t encourage eachother more often then they do.

And also, what would flirts feed other then the ego?

“Fights” qualify as a form of “sport”, in human culture.
Allot of people like “fights”, the same way as they like “sports”.
They takes sides and want to see somebody win.
It’s “fun” to see who can take a farther piss.

I don’t really like sports, though…
Or fights, or anything of the sort.

We can’t say anything to Dan~ because he’s always right!

Simone, on the other hand, got a couple things wrong.

Still though, stand up woman… I like her style.

Dan writes

Now I have to figure out how this qualifies as an aspect of philosophy or the “Love of Wisdom.” Surely Dr. Phil will know or perhaps Oprah. I must e-mail them for an explanation.

Love of wisdom…?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Right…

Who here loves wisdom, for real?

Luckily, you are joking, otherwise someone would have gunned me down soon after your comment.