White European preservation policies

Pew Research claims it will double, to 2% by 2050! Thank god I’ll be dead by then!

Thanks for the look up. Yeah, that 2% will definitely be a huge problem. I don’t think I’ll wet my pants over it just yet.

There might be conservative Christians, but not the ones you’re talking about. The evangelical right are fake Christians. They co-opted the name Christian but forgot to read the New Testament. The laws they want would be more fitting sometime in the third or fourth century BC. - but just for white Europeans. Everyone else was a heathen of some kind. They haven’t changed much.

The Muslim population is 7.7% in the Toronto city area. Even that small population has to be accommodated by the school board because a certain segment insists that the kids can’t participate in mandatory music classes in elementary school. Some Muslim parents insist on removing the kids during music classes.

Let’s not even bring up sex ed. Right?

:laughing:

Swimming pool access. A “women only” time slot has to be provided. You know, because men are not supposed to see women in bathing suits. “Viewing windows and doors will be covered for privacy”.
:laughing:

phyllo,

Local accomodation is common and isn’t something strange or to be feared. It happens in lots of places. There a lots of local laws, rules, and regulations that favor one group or another. Here in the U.S. we have what is known as “dry” counties in several states. No alcohol, it’s forbidden by law. The adjacent “wet” counties get a lot of business from the dry counties. Silly? Yes. But the law is the law. The fact that the U.S. is awash in alcohol and that isn’t likely to change hasn’t shaken the foundations of society.

So quoting local accomodations for Toronto isn’t exactly speaking for all of Canada. As I recall, I was in Toronto, drinking a little too much, and woke up three days later in BC. It must have been a hell of a party but it didn’t topple the government.

Last I knew, Jehovah’s Witness kids couldn’t sing Christmas carols in school. I dunno, maybe no one can, now. But somehow, the republic has survived.

You may know that I am an atheist. Small accommodations to religion don’t bother me. But still, I am curious about how many are in that certain segment and how many generations they have been in Canada. There are some problems that are long-lasting and some that are not. And i think that’s an important distinction.

How much accommodation? What about these situations :

thestar.com/opinion/comment … anada.html

[b]

[/b]

:laughing: :laughing:
=D>

Has the Chinese/Japanese attitude changed any over the years?

The better question might be … Has the phenomenon known as “mission creep” set in?

Consider this case :

thestar.com/news/gta/2014/0 … ebate.html

thestar.com/yourtoronto/edu … lemma.html

So if a baker doesn’t want to make a cake for a gay wedding, then that will be accommodated?

Someone does not want to swim with blacks, he will get his own time slot?

You know, for religious reasons.

:evilfun:

All the accommodations cost time and money and show foreign religious behaviors that oppress females by and large which is not an American value. In schools, Christians cannot pray, but prayer rooms are being erected for muslims in public schools? The liberals have this country all kinds of fucked up.

What other craziness is going on up in Canada?

Don’t get me started on Christmas.

At one point, the tree set up in front of Toronto city hall could not be referred to as a Christmas tree … it had to be called a Holiday tree. Ditto with shows put on by the kids in Toronto schools … they had to be called Holiday shows or Winter Concerts but definitely not Christmas shows.

Liberals don’t believe in any God. They don’t believe in a genetic gender. They don’t believe in the sacrament of heterosexual marriage. They don’t believe in free speech. They don’t believe that white people are anything but slave owning conquerors who’ve spent the ages maligning all immigrants.

Let’s see. Sikh kids are allowed to wear the ceremonial knife to school. But kids get in trouble if they bring rubber or plastic “weapons” at Halloween. And don’t bring a disposable plastic knife to cut up your lunch … it will be confiscated.

In some parts of Canada, Sikhs are not required to wear mandatory helmets when riding motorcycles.

Jumpin jeebus! I do hope that was just sarcasm. That is painting with a broom. If it isn’t sarcasm then I know what alternate reality really means… #-o

If you recall, I’ve already said that I don’t believe a multicultural society should allow religion to be part of any social justice system. So the answer is no. Practice your religion in your home, church, synagogue, or mosque. But in open society ALL religions as well as non-religions must have equality before the law.

I’m okay with all of that. There is no metaphysically correct measure here. And different countries are different contexts.

That’s common in the US and pretty much mandatory if, for instance federal money is involved. I think it’s stupid, but no lives are lost.

A lot of it is political correctness nonsense which has nothing to do with immigration.

Hot now :

• “Gender is a spectrum”
  • aboriginals
  • cleansing our environment of the sexist, racist founders of the country by taking down their statues and renaming buildings and streets which bear their names.

We don’t have strict requirement in Canada. It’s being done to make “newcomers” comfortable. Although if you ask Jews, Muslims or Hindus, they are not actually bothered by references to Christmas at all.

A part of culture and heritage is lost. ‘Diversity’ is lost.