who are we worshiping

yes I need to know what you know…

If I knew how to make the sun rise and how to make rain, then I would be God.

Sioux statement–all are related. The Sioux follow the sky father and the earth mother. One might consider this worship; it is so much more. It is a way of life. Their idea of who and what God is is reflected in their lives.

I think we should be thanking our ancestors…all the good guys and gals that have helped us

God is the ultimate ancestor… the source of all life. :wink:

but life on earth just happened somehow…the molecules evolved but we don’t know how…so we say god did it…but that may not be true…the universe is a god thingy…and the molecules are a god thingy…but nature is nature

All you are saying is that “God did not make it happen”… “God does not exist”.

Needless to say, I disagree. :wink:

no no phyllo… I believe in god…god does not tinker with life…we tinker with life…god made the molecules and then life happened …we don’t know how but we are trying to reproduce life in the lab…

I don’t know why you keep saying this.

Merging your comments in the other thread…
If God created life, then some books are in line with God’s design and therefore more authoritative than other books.

god created the universe…what does that mean…how can we know this…do we know what god is like…
god created life…how can we say this…maybe someday we can create life…guys are working on it…

You just said that you believe in God. You have reasons for that belief, right?
Now you don’t know what “god created the universe” means? You don’t how YOU know?

What’s going on???

I suspect that you are an atheist and you are just saying that you believe in god. I can’t explain these repetitive changes in your posts in any other way.

I don’t think that you would even qualify as a deist. :-k Or agnostic. :-k

I worship my dog, as she worships me.

“I’m suspicious of a person that doesn’t like dogs, but I trust a dog who doesn’t like a person.” Bill Murray.

Turtle,
If you believe there is a god, what is it? I agree with Phyllo. You seem to be in the same Christian bashing mindset as are atheists. Correct me, if I misjudge your intentions. Maybe you are just saying god is idk. Many Christian mystics came to the same conclusion because we humans cannot see above our temporal/mortal confinement. But the mystics knew that because we cannot say what god is, we do not have the right to state that god does not exist. Some found union with god.

What kind of cruel sadist would breathe life into such miserable creatures?

I am surprised that you are judging me again…I believe in god…I do not have any idea about the origin of the universe…I have some idea about the start of life on earth…but there is a problem here…I do not know anything about god…and I don’t think anybody knows anymore than I do…including you…it is called the IDK god…

So you believe in god but you don’t know anything about god, you don’t know what properties god has and you can’t give reasons for believing in god.

Why bother to believe in this IDK god?

It seems to serve no practical purpose. Atheism would be equally effective for you.

I am trying to deal with what is real…atheism is an unreal position just like knowing about god
I can give some reasoning about god but most people don’t understand…

Trying to understand. How is it you can believe in a god you do not know? Is it because most concepts of god are not explanatory? If so, your beef is with concepts, not with any god.

exactly…god is whatever god is…most concepts including atheism are not real in my mind

Just by saying that you believe in god, you are saying that you think you know certain things about god. If you really thought that you knew nothing about god, then you would not be able to say anything.