Why is God male?

Just to clarify I was not being sarcastic. I was serious. Do not take me for chiding you. I am only warning. Now that you have made a mistake that is not undone there is no reason for me to be angry. I can only feel sorry for you. Please do not further endanger your being.

While I see no remarks in the bible that state Blasphemy will doom you to hell, It only says it is not forgiven. I only warn because I care!

Sincerely,

Astral

well, if iā€™m not forgiven for this, it only underlines godā€™s typical male arrogance :wink:

to be clear; iā€™m agnosticā€¦ i donā€™t ā€˜knowā€™ anythingā€¦ i donā€™t think itā€™s possible to know, eitherā€¦ so thereā€¦ i have no business with god :slight_smile:

I agree with LA if there is an actual godly creature why does it have to have a gender. As far as being made in Godā€™s image it means mental/mind, not the physical body.

Just because you dont know does not mean it is impossible to know. Your own argument is a contradiction in the fact that you ā€˜admitā€™ that you do not know but yet still make a summary statement that you KNOW you have no business with God. If you do not knowā€¦ you simply do not know. But you are still free to seek truth, and I pray that you find it!

In some ways God will never be understood untill we die, but do not let that dishearten you. If you were an all powerful being you would not just drop a book containing everything there is to know about you either! Why is there always hesitation from people just because God wonā€™t offer a course in college called ā€œ1 Bazillion non essential facts about GOD!ā€

Be patient, have faith ā† its always the begining. If you can have faith in any single human being down hereā€¦ why not in God? Some things will never be revealed, and yetā€¦ there is still so much more to learn!

For once here is where things tend on the abstract. Depending upon which side of the philosphy track you might wander from, being male or female is more of a state of mind and not physical traits!

Much to the effect of a man trapped in a womans body or vice versa ideaology.

Think of God as a male in the aspect that His being in the philosphical sense is like a Male Personality! Having Power, and Authority! He is God and yet regardless of Godā€™s physical attribute He is He and not She!

People are thinking about this in much to much limited scopes! This is GOD the Father and according to Him the Male identity is to hold Command! And we all know based on what we have read that GOD is plenty commanding! In fact many times that He has spoken to us has not been idle chit chat. God comes down to order people around like the Allmighty God He is!

Case in point! Will a female ever receive the same type of respect a Man can? No. Can a man receive the same type of respect a Female can? No! There are obvious differencesā€¦ But there is a Respect that a particular kind of Man will receive, provided that Leadership, Faith, Justice, Mercy, and Righteousness are present within Him! A respect that emotes and demands respect that is wholey inspiring and captivating in a fashion that can cause a person to give their life for!

Yes some men give their life for a womanā€¦ but it is usually not out of respectā€¦ but out of Love. The kind I am speaking of is much different than the affection connection between a Man and a Woman.

God is of a male personality and everyone knows this! Hands down!

The roll that men [should] play in a relationship:
Often, the provider or the protector, the one giving guidance, the stronger of the two.

These qualities are also attempted to be displayed in the biblical man-god.

Men taking on the roll of providor has to do with birth systems. Women cary the baby, and you canā€™t go chasing a gazel when youā€™re 4 months pregnant. Basically, it works out that itā€™s better for the person without the baby in them to do certain things.
^
Thatā€™s the train-and-error sort of logic in nature.

Godā€™s ā€œmaleā€ attributes may have been natural human reactive symbolism of the subconscious. When psionically gifted ā€œprophetsā€ witnessed ā€œthe grace of godā€ ā€“ their minds had to compare the physical to the non-physical, and in attempts to make the formless into a literal form, simply for the sake of conscious-visual understanding, their minds MADE ā€˜Godā€™ look humanoid.

Our senses and mental cross-referencing make everything around us look a certain way to us.

You may see a rock on the ground, whereas a higher being sees into and through a clump of atoms, fields and energies.

If the bible god is ā€˜maleā€™, then he must have been originally human! Later, the immortal parts of his body [ghost] evolved continually, and he was able to upgrade himself in the metaphysical realm. Eventually, after much development, he became a new, still-human-like species which had allot more power then an ordinary [human] ghost.

So, [IMO], it is either:

A:
Symbolism.

B:
Rubbish.

C:
Superhuman metaphysical species that usedto be human [now angelic].

I personally tend towards the idea of C, as it is most logical to me.

ā€˜Astralā€™ has been saying some usefull stuff here.
Maybe me & him should talk in a PM.

The Universal Mind is in charge of quite a bitā€¦

The amount of chauvinism exhibited in this forum is painful. It has been a habit of man for thousands of years to lord themselves over women. It is born from a ā€œspiritā€ of arrogance, animal arrogance!

The only mandate in place creating male dominance, is the one created by men.

Is it that humans are made in the image of God or is God made in the image of man? I believe the latter.

Humanity, in itā€™s explanation of God/godā€™s describe and explain it/them through anthropomorphism. As we know when one takes into consideration the magnitude of the universe and humans relative size in it, one can perceive the possibility for a large body of ignorance on humans part.

In our creations of explanations and definitions of God/godā€™s we have limited reference to use in formulating our language in the discrption process. Even though some would like to attribute the writings in the bible as supernaturally influenced, the truth is that these writers could only liken the activities of God/gods and compare what they perceived to be characteristics of God/gods with the only types they knew, which was and is human. These authors inspired by genius used cultural and philosophical biases and realizations in their writings.

Because of this God/godā€™s has EMOTIONS like humans (anger, jealousy, envy, compassion). These emotions are triggered by similar events that conjur up the same emotions in humans, look it up. Coincident? No, Niether is it a coincident that a patriarchal society, would produce literature that reflects their biases. Men wrote the biblical texts that reflect their socialization, the Jewish society is patriarchal In order to signify the dominance of God in his relationship with humans of course they are going to refer to the dominant factor within human relationship, which is the male.

Are you a Christian Ra13? If not why would you care about this discussion and if so did you fail to notice all the places in the Bible that state the order of things? Dont like it? Take it up with God. And if you think its all a lie brought on by males what in the world are you doing participating in a Religion you think is based on a pack of lies and a God who canā€™t keep His own tenets straight?

I am interested in your reply.

The word god does not belong to just Christianity. Christianity is not just based upon what was written many generations ago. Christianity has many different branches, Christ is the trunk and his teachings brought forth many full and diverse branches.

The bible may be interpreted many ways. God created the species of man in its image, it does not state male. The physical body of man was never a great thought it was the creation of manā€™s mind that was the true creation and image. The physical body is just the cough choke giggle package *giggle
For a godly creature to have a gender that would lead to an opposite gender meaning there would be more then one god and or baby gods. and frankly the way things are going I could almost believe God is being distracted by a nagging mate. :slight_smile:

not quiteā€¦ i never said i KNOW i have no business with godā€¦ and i certainly wouldnā€™t emphasise itā€¦
i should add ā€˜i thinkā€™ to every sentence i write or speakā€¦ i do this often, but it gets a bit annoying so i donā€™t always :slight_smile:

patience and faith with an abstract, irrelevant concept? sorryā€¦
i prefer life down here on earth with people who - iā€™m almost certain - are worthy of patience, faith and respect

I believe we all are wanting to live life down here with people that are worth of those things. Its what makes life good. My only question is that if you think you do not know why not go and seek the answers instead of commenting on that you do not know?

If you have a question about something I will be happy to help if I can, or at least someone here hopefully will have your answer! But by all means do notā€¦ NOT ask the question!

Remember, to hold the position of not knowing and then maintaining that God is unknowable is a paradox! If you dont knowā€¦ then how may you know that God is unknowable? I wanted to put that out there because I have heard this many times from some (not all) agnostics.

I have found in many cases that because of some kind of reasoning people make such statements so that they have an excuse to avoid a confrontation!

sigh

like i saidā€¦ i donā€™t ā€˜knowā€™

Dont feel so glumā€¦ I was stating a generalization about my dealings and reasonings with other agnostics. It was not directed at you. Everyone will be reading these posts. I generaly try to make statements in a broader sense rather than just limiting to the person I am replying to. Kinda likeā€¦ if another agnostic wishes to jump in the fray they already have some of my comments handy to work with.

Its all good. I am a debating spirit myself, and I often come off as aggressive and rude. But I am call it like I see it kinda guy.

How do you know if God is male or not? God has no name. Jesus was a male, Jesus was God. Yet, God is the great ā€œI amā€. If God were a male, how can a male create a female? God is both male and femle, and He is neither. :smiley:

There is no other option that God is a male.

The Holy Father right ? I have never heard any body say the Holy Mother

Strange enough: we are talking about Mother Earth?

The only logical reason for me is that God is as well the creator of the world as the leader and the one who makes the desicions. A male is biological more capable of leading than a female.

Females are the ones who give birht and make new life. Thats why, in my view, we talk about mother Earth

Even though many people like to attribute God as being male because of all the chauvanistic people down here, it is still very short sighted to consider that God is anything other than Male.

You apparently think that God has shortchanged himself and failed to make it known what gender He is, when in fact there is a great deal of information available regarding Gods gender. He is maleā€¦ He is not both. You keep letting your mind wander to be clouded by the earthly concept of male and female. God transcends this petty concept! This concept of male and female is an earthly thing and will not be the same when we pass to the Next life!

God is the creator of ALL things and He doesnā€™t require a female for anything. Only men on earth need females. God created women for the glory of man and as a Helpmeet. Assigning God some attribute of a manā€™s need is absolutely off par!

God is maleā€¦ people just need to get over it!

Actually in Chinese it is said ā€˜Ming Ming Shang Diā€™ or ā€˜Bright Bright Shining Lightā€™ or God is referred to as ā€˜Holy Motherā€™.

A

What does male mean, anyway? I donā€™t understand how an incorporeal, unique Being thatā€™s existed since the beginning could have qualities that make It male or female. Forgetting for now the actuall question of if God IS male or female, I want to know if the question even makes any sense at all. What would it mean for a Being without a body to be male?

A very valid question. We as human assign male based on anatomical properties. While it would not be surprising if God did not possess all the properties a human male does, there secondary idelogical application of what a male is then applies.

Being male in other aspects is not exclusive to anotomy, but also to personality. Because Gods personality is NON Submissive and Commandeering His personality is male. A female personality is typically submissive and non-commandeering. And before someone goes grape-nuts these are only the general rule and not the absolute!

We assigne the name TomBoy to girls that are physically active and does more boy like activities in youth. This is not really a big bad thing in societyā€¦ but when a Boy does more girlish things it is generally not looked upon very well. Boys are more or less required to behave manish where girls are allowed much greater latitude in behavior.

Because of the often associated views of being male are mainly part of personality and not just wholesale physical characteristics!

In this Fashion We know that God is most certainly Male!