Your internet philosophic career - where you at..?

Okay, I’ll give it a go. Oodles of spare time right now.

Well that’s a relief.

Give my best to satyr.

I only care about the first point in the OP [ to be noticed ] and not any of the others but the noticing pertains to what I post and nothing else so not in the sense
of egoism or narcissism. I want what I post to be noticed simply because if I am wrong then it can be corrected. I am not interested in changing minds for that is
beyond my jurisdiction. For I can only change my own mind and not any one elses and so that is what I focus upon. But if other minds agree with me then that is
good but they do so because they want to not because I want them to

Tell Zarathustra and our Buddhist/Hindu friend Erik I said hello while you’re in the hermetic cave sealing yourself off from the rest of the world…

Why?

I’m not in contact with Erik and frankly, the comparison is somewhat insulting. Erik changes his views about the world at the same rate he changes his underwear.

You say this as though it were a bad thing.

On the contrary, in a life that is actually lived, you are bound to come upon new experiences that force you to question any number of things. Or you meet new people who share their own very, very different experiences. Or you read a new book or see a new film or come upon a new work of art that reconfigures all your old prejudices.

Instead, you seem to live [by and large] in a world of words. And thus the world that you live in [existentially] must ever be hammered into it.

When you say that the world is “objective” you are merely insisting that others must share your own dogmatic rendition of it.

Meaning, of course, Satyr’s own dogmatic rendition of it.

Though [ironically] neither one of you seem inclined to lecture us of late over at KT.

Tab

Define “Noticed” here, Tab? Can that be just as positive as it can be negative?
Obviously, we’re all here in a sense, to be noticed, no?

It’s nice to be liked but within reason - but not if it means I can’t be myself which can at times be difficult in this place. I think I would much rather be and feel understand

I like being taken seriously. It isn’t as if I think I have nothing valid or nothing worthy to say.

Yes, though not always feeling like “home” it’s familiar. I’ve been to other forums but something always seemed to be missing. Maybe Arcturus was. lol

Well, I don’t believe that there are any absolutes but I do intuit that some perspectives are more valid than others. Perhaps at times I like to be right - but is it because I want to be right or is it because I honestly, humbly lol feel or sense that I am and isn’t it important for people, not to think that I am right, but to think about what I am saying as I feel it does have validity and ought to be looked at. I probably didn’t express that so well and who knows, some might call my statement arrogant. But it is mostly about what is being looked at and not ego - though of course ego slips in unannounced. I’m rambling.

I enjoy making friends and at times it is important to influence people, not to manipulate them in an under-handed way but to influence their thought patterns. Isn’t that, in part, why we’re here?

The latter part of that ~~ became content to make other people at least question the things they believe, or at least believe they believe ~~is basically where I am though I am aware that to some I might come off as believing that I am right.
about everything. It’s just about showing another perspective though of course I cannot at the same time, forget that it is only my perspective, no matter how valid I may intuit it is. lol
I’m still of the intuition that the more I learn, the more I realize I do not know.
{Ain’t] that the truth?

It is a bad thing because it means that you make premature judgments.

You were never alive in the first place.

ARC !!!

I just shaved, I hope that illustrates the depth of my esteem. :smiley:

Anyway. Noticed - I mean just noticed in the everyday “who’s she, oh she’s that poster with the cool eye avatar - you know.”

Liked/respected… I think these are phases, you try a little to win them early on, then take it for granted as you progress, if you do win them anyway.

It’s funny, but when I wrote “some are content…” I had you, Kriswest, and Bessy, if you remember her (she is well, and healthy btw.) in mind. You’ve never struck me as the combatant type, over a pov. sure, I’ve seen you get your claws out, but never in defence of an abstract concept. Having someone cave in and say publicly “ok ok you’re right” I don’t think has ever been very important to you.

In the end I think with whatever it is we do here on the internet you realise hopefully that everything is connected, however tenuously, to everything else, and as such, you can never be completely right about anything, you can be more right sure, but not absolutely, as you said.

And how is one able to grasp a judgment that is premature? Simple. It is not exactly the same as your own.

Though, I suspect, that’s probably a good thing.

Would you like me to elaborate on why that is patently absurd?

Also, would you be willing to share with us the extent of your own more dramatic experiences to date? What [so far] have you been eyeball to eyeball with out in the world? What challenged your “philosophy of life” over the years? What extraordinary adventures have you had? What trials and tribulations have you endured?

What actually tested your “ideals”?

iambiguous, you are one of the reasons why I am not interested in discussing anything with anyone anymore. You showed me how a retard cannot be made into a non-retard, especially if he is a dishonest retard. There, that’s how my position on whether arguing on internet forums is worth it or not was influenced by an actual experience, and an experience involving you nonetheless. Are you proud, now?

I see you’re still lying to yourself and others. You haven’t changed a bit. The assessment of you by many, including myself, turned out to be correct. You validate it with your behavior.

You are dead, Biguous. It does not matter how many experiences you have if you are dead. This is because you cannot benefit from them. You cannot assimilate them.

Enough with the Iam-bashing… either respond to the debate at hand, or don’t! please take this as the warning it is intended to be (this applies to all other threads too)

Fuck that Magsj, biography is relevant here and everywhere else in philosophy, your objections are irrelevant.

Multiple people in one form or another have pointed this out to you countless times, and you I sister on acting like a crack head in not getting it.

Get off everybody’s back, and let the conversation unfold appropriately, in a natural fashion… Not to Magsj’s obstructionalist outlook. Your perverting the dialectic. It is obvious if you look over the Op, this response to Imbigious is relevant and expected… it is about the durability and results of our internet experience. Imbigious is certainly dead in his, half the site has him on ignored. He has met his end. It isn’t your place to abuse your moderator function in threatening others, intersecting with your own limiting insanity.

Ramses, let my people go!

No matter what craziness you inflict upon me or others, your still in the wrong for doing it, nobody else is to be blamed for it. Your world view isn’t applicable to anyone else, but you. Do not inflict your insolent violence on others. They are being honest, it is relevant to the conversation, and sit in a majority position in regards to their their. Your act of social violence here is unwelcomed. Either learn restrain and situational awareness in moderation, or find a new, non-sadistic hobby. Consider this a board warning.

Please heed my words, regardless.

We will take it under voluntary advisement as civil humans, but will speak our minds on any topic as free philosophers, as we have for the last few thousand years in western civilization. It is one thing to ask, another to demand, we can always consider a request.

That I am able to reduce objectivists of your ilk down to huffing and puffing – the pedant equivalent of a child’s temper tantrum – always fills me with pride.

Though, sure, I’m ashamed of it.

Again, if this sort of “argument” doesn’t embarrass you, who am I to be embarrassed in pointing it out?

Note to Turd:

Show him how to “foe” me. :wink:

In other words, for all practical purposes, you have no experiences to convey. You more or less just “think” the world objectively into existence. :open_mouth: