Why are some women promiscuous?

Why are some women promiscuous? Do they need male validation? Daddy issues?

I believe that women are biologically wired to want to settle down with one man and have children. Although modern feminism is against this, they can’t destroy millions of years of evolution. I’m fascinated with women that are promiscuous and have many male partners.

Why are some women promiscuous?

A very pleasant fascination to have O:)
I think it that the promiscuity stems from insecurity. The more partners the woman craves, the more attention she is seeking.
If a woman (or a man in that case) feels genuinely secure and 100% happy in a relationship, she will not end it for some other partner.
I don’t agree with your premise :

In ancient human pre-history, several cultures show evidence of the female having multiple partners. This behaviour assumed to be increasing the likelyhood of impregnation and spreading the gene pool.

Maybe those women were insecure, as per your claim?

It might be because they don’t allow things like socially constructed mores to get in the way of the feeling of having a dick stuck in them. It’s a lot simpler than many people seem to think. It doesn’t take Sigmund Fraud to figure out that some women just think getting the inside of the vagina rubbed with a penis feels good.

It’s like you’re asking, “why do people like to get a massage? why do people like to do drugs?”

I’m sure you’re right in some cases, but not most. Women are nesters; they just want one penis instead of many.

At least, I think so. :slight_smile:

When are all you silly men going to stop talking about what women want and how they think and then building these grand theories about how women are supposed to act based on them?

With all the talk about feminism around here lately, it AMAZES me that nobody has figured this out yet.

Smears is right, the question of promiscuity is a simple one. You know how you have a body, and certain ways of being touched feel really good so you want to do them more? Yeah, women have a body too, and certain ways of being touched feel really good, so you know, we like it. Daddy issues? Insecurity? Made-and-meant for monogamy? Did I just stumble into the 1950’s? I can’t even take you guys seriously when you say shit like that.

Someone called me gay or something the other day because I fuck a lot of bitches. The backwardness of some of the comments is just remarkable.

Really? I’ve been told for years, by smart women that I respect, that women that are promiscuous are using their sexuality to gain attention because they believe, deep down, that’s all they’re good for.

At least they’re being honest. :dance:

I would agree with this; a woman who is promiscuous will certainly get attention. It’s possible that woman just wants to feel sexy, desired, feminine, etc., etc. How it makes her feel inside (psychologically). I would also agree with an assertion that such a woman may feel the need to have male validation of her identity as a woman, as well.

Smears is wrong, it’s not all that simple. If a person touches you a certain way that feels good, why would you want to be promiscuous? That’s assuming everywhere you go it’s all the same (sex wise). But it’s not. Of course, all men have dicks and all women have vaginas, but not all affairs are just about dicks and vaginas. That’s simple minded…even on promiscuity level!

Why do you think those smart women believe that they can chalk a global behavior engaged in by humans of both sexes (as well as animals) up to an inferiority complex?

Because they’re smart women.

Smart or not, you don’t think it has anything to do with multiple social factors? That the question is even being asked the way it is is proof of it. If this thread were questioning human promiscuity as a whole I think it would have more merit, but as it is, I see just another dishonest pop-politics conversation in the making.

In some cases, yes. I don’t try to analyze all women’s motivations; they are far too crazy for any rational person to try to do that. :smiley:

I think the idea of women being, “nesters” might have been true like, back in the cave days, but in the last couple hundred years, or hundred years or whatever…that’s just not how it is anymore. I mean…single moms w/ jobs? What’s the divorce rate? How many women get artificially inseminated and don’t even bother with a dude? I mean…women as nesters just seems like a dated concept.

Because men have to have something to do whilst not watching football. #-o

You’re right helland. Also, I think someone said that “I was wrong because why would a woman be promiscuous if someone was touching her in the way that felt good?”.

I’m saying that there’s a big myth that when a woman wants to keep a guy around that she just can. I leave girls hanging sometimes just to debunk that myth. Think about it this way, a girl comes over and I get her off a few times, then I cut her off and try and make her act like a person instead of a sex object, then she gets all horny and I’m like, “NO! Let’s talk about current events!” the next thing you know…my problem is solved and she follows that feeling in her vagina to the next dick. Hence, promiscuity.

Is this why men do it?

I am sure some are for those reasons. But then, they might like sex. They might also Think it is a way to meet someone they like in a more full range of ways.
they might be avoiding feeling things given that sex is a great distraction. They might be trying to piss someone off. They might be curious.
But I tend to Think wanting to have sex and get closer to men would be the main motivations. Call me crazy.

Are men seeking validation and having mommy issues?

Many Faces

What keeps you running
From one to another?
Do you feel you are going to die?
Did someone use you,
Abuse you and smother
Your trust; and you never knew why>

You’re somebody different
In all of the places
You’re driven to find someone new.
You’re one of those women
Who wear many faces;
And I wish I had known less than two.

What makes you wonder
Just what you’ve been missing?
Does it hurt less when you’re on the run?
How can you make love
So real when you’re kissing
Mean nothing to you when you’re done?

What ever moves you
To look in new places
Is never the last love you knew.
You’re one of those women
Who wear many faces
And I wish I had known less than two.