Is New York anything like Old York?

My temple is nature, and my goddess the earth. All else flows from this, and I draw no distinction between body, spirit, mind or soul, emotion or intellect. If I feel something instinctively, then it is true for me. My wisdom does not come from books, or the writings of the great and the good, but from the wind, rain and sun. I read a lot, it is true, and I certainly don’t reject the value of books and their capacity to stir the soul. But I am only truly at home in the forest or on the heath.

Knowing and unknowing, logic and the senses, it all depends on duality, differation, subjection in orientation and observation. To know instinctively and to know consciously are both cognitive, both dualist.

The arm may react in reflect, but does not think. It is a appendage of a central nervous system. Our ability to write think poetry is not the arm, but to write it beautifully, in calligraphy is. The craft is dependent upon the body, as the body on the mind. To set a great idea into motion, coordination must exist, or apraxia results. With coordination is admittance of differation and duality.

A God isn’t deposition. If it was, they would be wounded and cry out in landscaping. They would die in mountaintop mining. Should a miner fear the God of a holy mountain if he is a mountain killer? Has slayed countless mountains in the past, leveling them for coal and minerals, blasting after blast, bulldozer after bulldozer?

A good cannot reside in the earth, we would surely of poisoned it with our waste by now. Nature is a abstraction, is holds as much existence as artificiality. It is a false dualism. It is a presumption of space, a territorialization of an ideal. Can we see the forest past the trees? Is the statement that “a map is not a territory” without validity? Is the famous painting of a pipe, with the words “This is not a pipe” below it without insight into your presumption here?

A map is a map and a painting a painting. No one confuses them with the things they depict and to say otherwise is to create a false problem.

Nature is not an abstraction. It is, very literally, the only reality. The earth, our goddess, can indeed be poisoned by our actions, in the sense that insect bites can give us an irritating rash. Like flies, we can be swatted away.

Everything I know, and everything I am, comes through my senses. All the rest, I have to take on trust, or not, as I choose. I am not a separate being inhabiting my body.

Of course your egoism is separate from your senses, and your body. You would lack consciousness if this wasn’t the case.

Nature isn’t reality, as nature doesn’t exist. That is an ideal your supposing, implanting your egoist self inside of, interpreting your sensory information in. Stand to the left, nature, stand to the right, less so?

If you make no distinction in non-duality of the functions of mind and body, why do you insist in the contradiction that it exists externally, and yet doesn’t? You cannot have it both ways. You are mistaking the map, the metric ideals, for the actuality. People make these mistakes constantly.

My consciousness is part of my self, it is not separate from it. Mind and body are part of the same whole.

Nature is everything that exists, the universe, including ourselves. It does not exist externally, because we are part of it. We can divide it up, of course, and say that part of it is me, and part of it is not me. But such divisions are artificial, and we can just as easily choose any other division.

I think the mistake that people make constantly is to assume they are somehow separate from nature, when in fact they are as much a part of it as everything else that exists.

No, definitely not, different forms of amnesia prove this. Consciousness > Selfhood, and the self is self awareness and identity, our memory recall combined with our senses.

But cognition goes well beyond this. Seeing a flash of lightning, or smelling a breeze has very little to do with who we are, in the sense of the manufactured Maia or Turd that we’ve been building up since birth.

Is nature the phenomenal, or the noumenal? The theoretic or the concrete? Being or becoming? Known or forgotten? Bias or curiosity? Mine or yours?

Why does amnesia prove the self is separate from the body? I would have thought that it rather proves the opposite, in that our sense of who we are is entirely dependant on bodily functions, such as the brain.

I had to look up “noumenal” and I don’t understand the distinction. We are part of nature, and it is constantly evolving. It is not static and we cannot say at any one moment it is this, or that. It is exactly the same with the self, and indeed with all things in nature. There is nothing else other than sensory input, for how else can we possibly perceive the world?

Sense of self is separate from consciousness. Your trying to say body now, but let’s take that and kill two birds with one stone:

Ants have dualistic consciousness (left and right brain), but nobody thinks individual ants have a sense of self.

What is the entity? A individual ant, or the colony? They react like a being at times, especially when fighting other colonies. Other times the individual acts independently.

Same goes for the mind, we use neural transmitters soaked in neurons to put our cells and organs into motion, same as a colony lays down chemical trails to get complex behavior working productively out of the tribe.

Many parallels exist. It differs species to species in analogy.

How about apes, or dogs? Sense of self is not something that either exists or doesn’t, it exists in degrees, even among humans, and in the same human at different times.

Of kors nat.
The Brits bought the city from us when it was already well founded as New Amsterdam.
Some genius of fate caused some nobleman from York to have the leverage to have it named it after him.

What a name, New York. Manhattan too, which is a Native name if Im not mistaken… Brooklyn is Breukelen, a small town in the Netherlands; check it out, the way a Brooklyner pronounces Brooklyn is actually the english pronunciation of Breukelen. Harlem is Haarlem.

Edit - some search online yielded some amusing results, such as that Coney Island comes from Konijneneiland; rabbits island.

heardutchhere.net/OldNewYork.html
Turd if you ever want to punish yourself some more for your Dutch roots click on those pronunciations.

Wallstreet = Walstraat.

We all know the Dutch started it. We also all know any meaningful trace of Dutch influence was removed long, long ago. Dutch guy founded my town too, but it doesn’t mean you got a claim to it. We immediately had a mix of other ethnicities far more influential push in.

Just like with mixed babies, the black always dominates, the Dutch impact of civilization is never noticeable. Always stronger strands moving in from elsewhere. Most the Dutch can say is they showed up, left politely when asked, and had a good run at colonizing Aruba. All tremble before their Indonesian Empire!

Ha ha ha ha!

Bunch of wooden shoe wearing pirates pushing trinkets on the Japanese. I’m not impressed.

I know, I know… "Oh yeah, we had the Boer! "

The Boer are a bore.

I’m from America, we nuked a empire after slapping it around for years, and put a man on the moon. We are some bad ass mother fuckers.

Like Wallstreet was removed. Yes we all know this. And Harlem and Brooklyn are also things of the past long gone way back nobody remembers. Still I am nostalgic dont blame me.

Also, the reason the Dutch chose that Island is Dutch… New York is no longer a harbor town, its inland now, the Dutch influence waned here as well. Still man, nostalgia, like any other algae, is pervasive and nutritious.

Yes, like the millions of Asians in New York have caused Brooklyn to be called Whang Zuhan Kong and the city is now 1495.6 miles inland. In China.

This is why Trump. And why his haircut was stolen from Wilders, who was stolen by Indonesia from the Dutch in reverse time.

Also, the stockmarket, a Dutch invention, no longer exists in the USA. It is all wooden dummies and clay pots now.

No, because Lorentz was Dutch, so you never had an atomic bomb anymore. The Dutch left. You have thrown a couple of pigturds on Japan using midgets hanging from Kites, the indigenous American non-dutch way.

Yes you and Trixie shall make an ideal couple and so may you have a wonderful life together

Yes all this is true and not only that but self evidently true as well as consciousness emanates from the brain and the brain is part of the body

There is no cut off point as everything is connected in one way or another

Consciousness does not that we know of emanate from the brain.

We’ve tried to prove that it does, but failed to produce even the first hint that we’re looking at things in a sensible way.

What’s more likely is that the brain is like a receptor, a filter of sorts; the analogy of a tv set is apt. The tv does not produce the signal but it translates it into something perceptible.

Likely, consciousness is non local. Based on values.

Yes, and a little man inside the head pulls all the triggers and levers, allowing you to think too.

Thank God you proved this…

He is the EVALUATOR of all VALUATION.

Kill me now.

Okay… any particular method you prefer?

Then why does it cease at the point of brain death?

Is that causation or correlation?

I can’t find the Nothing Hill Carnival Picture Thread, so I will post these images here, as it is British enough, lots of stabbing going on:

I will keep people posted as more homicides are likely to unfold as the carnival continues on.