Breaking Bad fans?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyser_Soze

Oh snap.

That’s a retarded way of spelling it, but yes, you are right.

So I watched the first two episodes of season 1. I’m not sure. Let’s make a show about the most miserable man who digs himself in a deeper hole with drugs and murder. And wait, here’s a great idea, let’s try to pull it off as somewhat comedic. Like, make it funny when Walt’s junkie meth partner fucks up dissolving a dead Asian drug dealer with hydrofluoric acid in the bathtub. Haha. That’s just hilarious.

Maybe I’m just not as desensitized as other people, but I was pretty disgusted watching this show. Is there any point to the show, or is it just designed to be entertaining and absurd? Why does everyone like it?

I liked The Sopranos, which also combined violence and comedy, but somehow even The Sopranos didn’t seem as miserable and pointless as Breaking Bad.

Breaking Bad is a comedy. Sopranos was a trajedy. Maybe you’re not into comedies, fuse?

Ok update: the next few episodes were a little more palatable, and it’s definitely an entertaining show…it’s just depressing as hell. Most of the stuff that’s supposed to be funny still makes me cringe (and the it’s all the worse because I can’t believe people find humor in some of this stuff).

I would have said Breaking Bad is more of a cross between drama/action and comedy. In and around the humor, there are a lot of scenes that were meant to be taken seriously, or vice-versa.

i don’t think breaking bad is a comedy. i don’t think i really notice a joke more than twice per episode. two jokes in 45 minutes is hardly a comedy.

Breaking Bad is a comedy in the classical sense due to the premise and plot, two unsuspecting characters are forced together and become druglords, escaping death at every turn.

that’s not the classical definition of comedy…

Have you even watched the show? Walt and Jessie always have happy endings. They always escape and outwit their problems. Walt didn’t even have his family abandon him in the end. Nothing truly trajic happens in the entire series! Well, I haven’t watched season 4 yet. It’s become too unrealistic a production for my tastes. At least The Sopranos maintained a more realistic plotline. Breaking Bad should have had Walt become a real druglord sooner, immediately after killing Tuco. Instead they filled the show with filler and unrealistic plotlines. Oh well.

the series hasn’t ended yet, so we don’t know that there’s no bad ending.

also plenty of episodes end badly.

The pilot and second episode of the first season had a lighter, more absurd tone. Almost like black comedy. The rest of the first season and what I’ve seen so far of the second season is clearly drama.

I’m starting to enjoy the show now, I just didn’t get the humor of the first few episodes. It’s definitely more worthwhile entertainment than most other shows on t.v. right now.

He already did. Remember when Jesse was about to get killed by those 2 guys that killed combo?
And Walt ran one of them over and shot him in the head.

I’m wondering if YOU have watched the show at all.

You’ll like season 3, hate the first half of season 4, and then absolutely love the second half.

I’ll let you know how accurate your prediction is. :slight_smile:

I’m on episode 2 of season 3 now.

I didn’t dislike the first half of season 4, it just seemed a little …uneventful perhaps?

Spoiler

[tab]Third Season is intense! So Walt’s divorced, Hank loses his badge, and Jesse has become a complete wildcard. The Pollo restaurant owner/ultra meth boss has designs for Walt. I’m expecting him to use Walt and then throw him away in the end. I think things will get ugly.[/tab]

I’m glad you are enjoying the show !

i’m rewatching the whole thing with my GF, in the middle of Season 3 right now. I’m right at the part where Hank kills those two crazy mexicans in the parking lot. Epic scene.

yeah it was, that was badass. respect for Hank.