Black Police Affirmative Action would serve justice well.

I agree on all but the race issue.

Race is what is causing blacks to die at the hands of police at the 20 to 1 ratio.

To ignore that means settling for permanent black ghettos and increasing those who will seek revenge against the whites.

Whites have to get over themselves and stop being bigots.

With information systems improving all the time, whites cannot hide their vile bigoted attitudes anymore.

Regards
DL

I do think there is bigotry in the police against blacks, but I also think there is bigotry among the black hooligans against whites, and THAT is precisely the problem - bigotry breeds bigotry, what people should do is try to break the stereotypes and stop perpetuating the cycle, a change of mentality is required by both sides. We only see the worst cases in the media of black mobs picking on whites (conservative media) and of police killing black kids (liberal media), but none of the respectful and peaceful interactions between white police officers and blacks, because if that happens it’s ignored and it doesn’t sell as well. Yes, we need to be aware of the potential dangers, but also of nice things. There is too much hate and violence in modern media, and I don’t think it’s an accurate representation of reality.

No argument.

Unfortunately, I do not think any major change will come about until something like A A is introduced to end police discrimination against blacks.

It is that or wait for many more of both colors die.

I see A A as preventative medicine to prevent all out rebellion by blacks who are fed up with white discrimination.

If they see no hope or progress they will fight. So would you and I.

Regards
DL

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltimore_ … department

Baltimore PD for example is 43% black, so is the Police Comissioner, so is the Mayor.   Baltimore has been subject to a more strong "Make sure African Americans get in places of power regardless of qualifications" effort than any other city in the country. 
 I would say what cities need are cops that are qualified, not cops that fit the right demographics.

So the OP is based on a false premise- this is already being done, and the results are that it’s not helping.
Why would Affirmative Action in the police force work any better than it has elsewhere? We have a black POTUS and have had affirmative action for 30 years. I doubt very much anybody has said ‘no’ to a democrat/progressive in Baltimore for at least 2 decades.

Just like Detroit.

So what’s the evidence that a policy like this would accomplish anything good?

If A A was to be put into play, part of it’s mandate would be to raise the qualifications, not reduce them.

So your "“Make sure African Americans get in places of power regardless of qualifications” — does not apply to what I see happening but if people are stupid enough to throw the baby out with the bath water then I just have to recognize that I do not control that.

If they did drop standards as you say, that is likely why things are not working well.

I do not have evidence that A A would solve the racial problem but it would certainly reduce the perception of the force being racist. There is good evidence that A A helps minorities in other areas. You can google those yourself.

To do nothing means deciding to just live with the racism we have and to be happy with the 20 to 1 kill ratio we now have.

I don’t think the black community will tolerate this situation much longer and many white will fell the heat of black anger soon.

People, regardless of color, are getting fed us with poor U.S. law enforcement which is being pushed by a, for profit, legal system acting as another form of taxation.

Regards
DL

Your text is based on a proton pseudos and on propaganda (“affirmative action” and other forms of political correctness, thus dictatorship) which is also based on a proton pseudos. So all conclusions can only be false because the first premise is false.

And we are to just roll over because you say so without an argument.

Idiot.

Regards
DL

No argument? You need more than 100 words for saying nonsense, and if someone friendly says with a few words that your text is based on a false premise and propaganda which is also based on a false premise, then you have nothing better to do than to say even more nonsense. Your reaction is a typical reaction of an idiot.

Your reaction is again a typical reaction of an idiot.

AA among police is already Federal Law. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affirmativ … ted_States

Apparently not in the police force, if this thread exists.

Who said anything about doing nothing?   Baltimore already tried it your way and you see the result. 
  What we need to do is aggressively criticize and undermine the culture that tells black people that it's alright for their fathers to not bother raising their kids.  We need to combat the attitudes that tell them they 'aren't acting like black people' if they try to get an education.  We need to cure them of this crippling victim disease where they are made to believe that they can't accomplish anything because white people are keeping them down.  Affirmative Action already elected us a President, and Ferguson happened, Baltimore happened, there is zero evidence it made race relations any better.  Your ideas and attitudes aren't novel, they have been implemented since the 70's and the present society is the result. 

Yes, black people are becoming increasingly violent when they don’t get their way, thanks in large part to instigator and race-baiters.

What’s wrong with U.S. law enforcement? Since you didn’t know affirmative action among police was already a thing, I feel you need to back up other problems you imagine there to be with hard evidence.

The black population are getting violent due to the road blocks that the white are putting in front of them as the police maintain their 20 to I kill ratio.

I am sure that you surprise many when saying that A A got Obama elected. How stupid. That sure makes me respect the rest of what you said. Not.

I cannot speak to the Baltimore experience but this guy can.

Racism is a large part of the disrespect from both sides but the bigger picture and the War on drugs, a war against children and the young in large part, may be doing even mote to fuel what the U.S. is going through.

themarshallproject.org/2015 … -s-anguish

Regards
DL

People still say “not”? Anyway, point is Black Police Affirmative Action is already federal law, has been for many years, and any problems you think exist in US law enforcement exist despite the solution you propose already being in effect.

Then if the U.S. is already implementing it’s A A laws and standards, and those standards are not recognized by blacks, then all I see in the future is a lot of both blacks and white killing each other.

Perhaps that is a growing pain the U.S. has to suffer before the whites become more civilized and treat their minorities as well as their own color better.

Regards
DL

Yeah, it could be that we’re all just fucked because the idea you came up with off the top of your head didn’t work.

Or it could be that your idea wasn’t a good one, and the ideology that motivated it wasn’t a good one, and it’s time to try something different now.

I don't think it can be denied that if more black kids grew up with fathers, their crime rates would go down.  I don't think it can be denied that if black cultural leaders taught the importance of education, integration, and so on, their economic situation would improve.  Blacks need to stop being fed this lie that they can't succeed because white people won't let them, and stop getting in their own way.

I am a firm believer of Dr.M.L.K. I am not a believer of the aggressors that twisted his dream

If America provided a proper education system for blacks then they would have more role models and would recognize the lie on their own.

As it is, with all the white road blocks, they know that it is not a lie. It is racism.

Regards
DL

Do you think his dream would have been the same dream if the kill rate in his day was the 20 to 1 that it is today?

Some right wing fool in your political system indicated that blacks did better when they were slaves. The media chastised him bet he might have a point.

The U.S. used to have serf laws so that the poor and indentured workers had a limit to the abuse they would suffer. Perhaps it is time to bring those back.

Regards
DL

The “kill rate” in a prison is much lower than it is in the general population.
… “I have a Dream!!”

:icon-rolleyes:

The thing is that AA is itself discrimination, and discrimination never results in long-term peaceful cohabitation.
Let’s say that AA succeeds and manages to oppress whites by putting less qualified blacks in job positions, now whites will be enraged, grow more violent and racist attitudes and will seek to overthrow blacks, then when they overthrow them they will establish themselves as majority and keep on promoting racism against blacks until blacks retaliate with racism against whites and so the cycle perpetuates ad infinitum.

The way to break the cycle is not AA in favor of blacks, or whites, or anybody, but working towards ensuring equality of opportunity where people are judged by how well they can do the job, how qualified they are, not what color their skin is.

As you would expect. Right?

Regards
DL

Equality of opportunity in a system that discriminates against blacks is what A A is all about.

You are correct that A A is discrimination. Whites do not seem to know what discrimination is as they practice it daily. A A is a wake up call to them and without it, it seems they do not want to wake up.

To ask blacks who are being shot at a 20 to 1 rate to wait for the whites to wake up without an alarm clock is to promote injustice and to just allow discrimination and racism.

If the shoe was on the other foot, you would see the whites head for the streets or take up arms a lot sooner than what the more patient blacks are doing.

Regards
DL