Obama: Christians, get Down from your High Horses?

Next they’ll be blaming Mt Vesuvius on the Christians.

ethicsdaily.com/an-accurate- … -cms-15532

splcenter.org/get-informed/i … ers-ransom

Obama’s comments are as correct as they are true.
However, the degree of hypocrisy is huge.
When Obama is daily interfering with the politics of Islamic countries, drone strikes, illegal detentions, and unlawful killings of his own citizens abroad without the benefit of trial; finding dictatorships, he hardly has a high horse to sit on.

Haha … :laughing:

So your evidence is an extremist Anti-Christian magazine article that states;

And the SPLC (Southern Poverty Law Center), the very most racist, profiling, demonic, and white male hating group to ever exist in the USA (proudly worse that the KKK).

Why not just ask the Nazis to defend a Jew. :icon-rolleyes:

And I can’t believe even Lev said this;

Geeezzz.

Obama was bang on.

Here is an O.P. I put elsewhere.

Is the Pope slamming Islam for what the Vatican and Christianity used to do?

independent.co.uk/news/world … 71981.html

Compare the tactics of Islam to those of Christianity when it ushered in the Dark Ages and Inquisition.

youtube.com/watch?v=oR02cia … =PLCBF574D

Are those tactics and ways not the same and does that not say that all idol worshipping religions, especially Christianity and Islam, are evil?

I also just found this.

theguardian.com/world/2015/j … expression

It seems strange that he would advocate violence against words and then try to restrict the freedom of speech that society has worked so hard to bring to all nations and peoples.

This was insulting enough to this blogger, who is usually quite civil and funny and never curses, to act out of character.

richarddawkins.net/2015/01/the- … -the-pope/

Regards
DL

Obama does what he has to do. The US presidents are paid. That is the reason for their contradictory speeches, their hypocrisy, their double standards, their lies, …, and so on and so forth …

They are the exact qualities we want in our leaders.
Really… would we vote in a rational politician who says it like it is? I do not think so.
We, as a society, are far too shallow and self interested.
Instead we, as a society, subconsciously vote in the qualities that we admire within ourselves (which are in red above).

Most humans do not always want politicians to say the truth. But what about the others? And sometimes most humans want politicians to say the truth, so that the politicians have no chance anymore with their contradictory speeches, their hypocrisy, their double standards, their lies, …, and so on and so forth …

That’s almost right. But that is also a question of quantity and quality. Most humans are far too shallow and self interested and subconsciously vote in the qualities that they admire within themselves. But what about the others? And sometimes most humans are not too shallow and self interested and do not subconsciously vote in the qualities that they admire within themselves.

The main problem is that most humans are too late with their awareness, too slow with their bringing to awareness, they know too late, thus they are too stupid or ignorant, or just too decadent and hedonistic. This fact is used / misused by the rulers. The history is full of such examples.

Agree. You nailed it!

alternet.org/belief/think-is … ers-christ

All people are capable of all actions. We all would benefit from getting off our high horse.

Ermmm… people who call themselves Christians are still killing “witches” in Nigeria. But somehow I feel a no true scotsman rearing it’s ugly head pretty soon.

just because small groups do terrible things in the name of a religion does not mean the religion is especially bad.

I love Obamas comments. He defends Islam, while criticizing the Christians for the Crusades… which began as a defensive war to repel Islamic invaders. That he would feel justified in saying such a thing in front of millions of observers makes a point about him and his ideological peers stronger than a critic could manage. His degrees, his lofty station, his nobel prize, and he’s still of the ilk that blurts “the Crusades!” whenever they want to shit on Christendom. He demonstrates the religious acumen of a 17 year old Wiccan, in other words.

This is the kind of leader that a polarized academia will produce.

How would Bush have handled this situation?

Nigeria could use a few more dead witches, driving force behind human and human-body-part trafficking that they are  The witches doing such things don't talk about themselves in scare quotes, and neither do the laws pertaining to them.

I love how the crusades are now “a defensive war”. I love it even more that you are bringing this up in respect to the US and Islamic insurrectionism and extremist terrorism: all those jihadis see their struggle as an essentially defensive act too. And that somehow even saying “Well, let’s not get TOO high and mighty… Christians used to do bad stuff too you know!” equals shitting on Christendom.

Or am I being a simpleton and are you in fact creating a cunning caricature of the denser kind of fox news-fed, christian persecution complex ridden american teaparty enthusiast?

I call shenanigans! Surely this is Poe?

Before you call shenanigans, maybe call Google.

The broad points:
1 Islam is a problem right now.
2 Obama is from an ideological camp that can only identify demographic groups as problems if those groups are ‘whites’ or ‘Christians’ or ‘wealthy people’.
3 Thus, Obama has to deny 1, no matter how much evidence mounts for it.
4 To shore up his position, Obama references the Crusades, which is only a good example if you have the same problem as Obama does, mentioned in 2.
Conclusion: You should all be laughing at Obama right now.

Islam is a problem right now ?

Is this really what people think?
I must hang out in different social circles to the mainstream opinion.

I actually find this next to impossible to comprehend.