A Discussion of Moderation

Carleas inability to resolve physical threats of violence on this forum, shows how ineffective and impotent the Administration here.

Not only has this website taken a huge dump in philosophical content from 10 years ago (repeatedly banning Satyr), it is ardently anti-Philosophical.

Now if this website is about promoting physical violence and threats from half of America to the other half, so be it. But pretending any “moderation” is now a joke.

Maybe we should start the killings here? Like certain people should die and be removed from society by force?

Is that the quality we are at? Maybe it is. Carleas inaction speaks a library of volume.

I believe, truly believe that the least philosophical person on this website is
UR followed by Wendy… now with that said, I still wouldn’t ban them…
I hold that if people want to publicly show how stupid they are, they
should have the right to express that and under those grounds, I wouldn’t
ban either UR or Wendy…and as there is no possibility of shouting “fire”
on ILP, we should hold to a very high, very high threshold to banning…
basically only if they insult the sport of baseball… and then I am in favor
of capital punishment…but hay, that’s me…you might have a different standard…
hence we must not resort to banning… to be honest I wouldn’t even banish
polish youth now that he has become, almost, human…in his earlier days,
I might have considered it as he brought nothing to the table… he has gotten a
bit better since then…

Kropotkin

I belive you that you would take no action but I don’t think that would be a good decision. Death threat or not, there’s no place for that kind of thing on a philosophy forum. Ultimately, the question is, what exactly do people want from this forum? Are they interested in structured debates or are they interested in bitching? You can’t have it both ways.

No rules, like bad rules, create an environment that is of benefit to noone.

Says the guy who cannot, for the life of him, lead an intelligent, adult conversation, in any thread…

This is typical of Liberal-Left infants, like the rest of the Communist, Anti-American, American-hating ilk on this forum.

This forum is teaming with Anti-American traitors to this country.

Why have philosophy, discussion, debate, when we can just kill each other instead? That is what you traitors amount to, because you lost the philosophy arguments decades ago.

All you have left is threats a child makes, on your “side”.

Magnus Anderson for Moderator 2021

“have no idea how Prom or zinnat would be like as moderators”

I wuz gonna delete the whole forum but ZN foiled me.

good balance between you two

urwrong you may consider the possibility that if there is conflict that becomes a problem, and after enough times you sit and listen to the case and the details, but then after an even longer period of time you start to see that some individual is more often than not at the center of the conflict that you may not actually have a real conflict or a real problem and that it may instead be the case that there’s just this one asshole who can’t get along with anyone. i mean that really does happen.

the irony of the fringe right essentially arguing for what on a forum amounts to big govt intervention is something that you’ve really got me thinking about urwong

You sit there and ignore death-threats, and think you’re in some position to pass moral critique on others.

You are probably the worst hypocrite and imbeciles around here. When was the last time you wrote anything remotely philosophical? Over a decade ago, and you got laughed at by most on the forum?

Your side represents petulant threats of violence, because you don’t have any intellectual impact. Why was Satyr booted off this forum, but we’re supposed to tolerate execution of Americans who support the American flag? Yeah, that’s where we’re at as a country and society, because of traitors and treason you represent. You are part of the problem, not the solution.

no one actually threatened you. why don’t you go to your local police department and tell them what happened here and print out all the posts and see if they laugh you out of the building.

i would vote for this guy to be a mod with the stipulation that he not be allowed to moderate me

You’re such a fucking idiot.

He said Americans should be rounded up and shot, and he meant it, and he proved he is more than willing to do so.

While you defend him, as is your nature, kike.

this is the guy calling for moderation here who thinks we need to have more civilized and structured debate

You defended death threats, threats of violence, because you have had nothing philosophical to say for over 10 years.

You lost the argument a generation ago.

see you’re arguing from the position that those were death threats. im not defending death threats. i’m saying that there weren’t any, and im saying that if you took that around to normal people then you’d see that normal people don’t think those are death threats either. your victim complex is sickening.

WWIII admitted that they were, you fucking moron.

It doesn’t matter what you say, and, nobody cares anyway, since you’re unfit to pass judgment on even simple topics or points.

You have been irrelevant on this forum for a very long time now.

The most you “contribute” here, or ever really, is spam.

@Urwrongx1000 I am not directing this just at you. Most of us have had “extreme” moments in life associated with our behavior - statistically in our late teenage years. Both threatening behavior and name-calling are looked at by most adults as extreme. What does either behavior accomplish? Take extreme behavior out of a conversation and hopefully what is left of the conversation can achieve something.

Hopefully, we can get back to the specifics at hand? Which is what was put forward in the OP.

If this thread is locked then this is pretty much all for nothing. By all means, keep going if wasting your energy is your thing. A good proportion of this thread is now what has been going on in other threads anyway. There is always something that each of us does not agree on around here but that never bothered us too much a couple of years ago. So what happened? Things got out of hand - that is what happened.

Others outside this thread are just trying to get along and chit-chat about the things that interest them. Where is the problem in making an attempt to get the forum to work for everyone?

Agreed.

It would be good for those who are interested to know where they stand in a new situation.

It kinda feels ridiculous that I feel the need to specify things like: for those who are interested.

Anyway, I second your proposal.

Exactly!