a man amidst mankind: back again to dasein

Dasein
from Wikipedia

Of course: our objective and scientific existence. Still, however problematic even that might be, how can it ever possibly compare to the bewildering and conflicting assessments of what it means to live an authentic existence?

And, of course, for me, authenticity becomes spectacularly problematic when attempts are made to ascribe it to moral and political value judgments. Existenz then?

Perhaps. Let’s choose a set of behaviors, a “conflicting good” of note, a set of circumstances and discuss it.

Shades of Wittgenstein. Or of Richard Rorty and “ironism”:

With respect to moral and political value judgments.

Kierkegaard. Only No God.

But, come on, limitless freedom?!!!

Authentic existence outside a Planned Parenthood clinic? In the voting booth? In Ukraine? In grappling with the Second Amendment? With respect to human sexuality?

Dasein
from Wikipedia

Got that?

No, really, does that make any sense at all to you? If so, please note how it might be made applicable to our day-to-day human interactions. Again, in particular, when those interactions come into conflict as a result of “conflicting goods”.

“Semiotics, put simply, is the study of how an idea or object communicates meaning — and what meaning it communicates. For example, “coffee” is a brewed beverage, but it also evokes comfort, alertness, creativity and countless other associations.”

How about “Dasein” then? What does that evoke in you semiotically?

But I would certainly concur that dasein as I understand it is embedded in the “sociohistorical” characteristics of the particular world into which you are “thrown” adventitiously at birth.

Again, not entirely sure regarding the, what, philosophical meaning of this? But I do suspect it has something to do with my own suggestion that, for the objectivists among us, it is of great importance that they find a font – God or No God – that allows them to believe “in their head” that they have found a “transcending” frame of mind into which they can anchor their “one of us” [the smart, good guys] Self.

The rest we’ll call…history?

Dasein
from Wikipedia

For me, of course, dasein as a psychological contraption is best encompassed in the OP of this thread: ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 5&t=185296

The subject objectifying his or own Self on one or another One True Path. Hell is not only other people, it becomes “I” itself without something – anything – to anchor the Self to. The God World objectivists merely extend that beyond the grave. Everything ultimately revolving around thoughts and feelings that best comfort and console you.

And it’s not for nothing that even among the existentialists, the word “authenticity” often becomes of vital concern. One is required to reject the belief that essence precedes existence…but one is still expected to behave authentically.

In other words, whatever for all practical purposes that means. And here, again, all I can ask is for those who think that they do know what it means to note how it is applicable to their own life…their own sense of identity…out in a world awash in conflicting goods.

What particular direct experiences given what specific context, Mr. Serious Philosopher.

More theory. Dasein theoretically. I vs. We…theoretically.

Thanks but no thanks. I’ll still need that context.

Next up: :obscene-moneypiss:

Is your misunderstanding of dasein the one we all must adopt to “bring it down to earth” you sad fuck?
Imbecile, you enforce your understanding as the basis for any dialogue and then refuse to go anywhere you cannot comprehend or that challenges your convictions, you retarded fanatic.

Tell me, woman, how do you imagine this future world where all make compromises and peace reigns, and nobody suffers, and there are no more conflicts?
This naive, utopian ideal world of yous…describe it.

What is dasein, for you?
Being there? Where, if not in the world? In your private world?
How does this negate morality, you sad moron?
Does every dasein live in a separate reality, with its own rules, its own morals?

From where does this dasein come from?
Nothing?

Pick one:

:obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-tolietclaw: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss: :obscene-moneypiss:

Define dasein….
Concise language…no quotes, no deferments.
Clear language.

What a hypocritical, pretentious twat, you are.
You have no clue what your own words mean.

Note to phoneutria:

You’re right, of course. Nothing is more delightful here than in encountering Satyr’s excruciating attempts to be “clever”. And I agree: Only his philosophy is more hilarious.

:sunglasses:

They gather for the feast…
ha!!!

Birds of a feather…
Stab it with their steely knives but they just can’t kill the beast…

Why are certain moral behaviours common across cultures and across species, moron?
We find altruism, tolerance, love, cooperation across cultures and species.

Gibberish: the new “clever”.

On the other hand: youtu.be/-JlmvtAHhnc

Let’s all try to imagine the Dude over at Know Thyself!!!

“You can check out any time you like/
But you can never leave”

Unless, of course, you’re banned. :laughing:

Why are certain moral behaviours common across cultures and across species, moron?

This moron thinks I respect these people.
Quantity is truth.
If it feels good, it is true.

Cunt…this is your opportunity to bring it down to earth, from upon there on the ideological stratosphere.
Where you prefer it to remain.

Tell me how dasein applies to Mary Land’s abortion dilemma.
Use your own words., i will not do homework.

Okay, enough with the DMs. I’ll lay off him until tomorrow. Besides, as Von Rivers just reminded me, no one makes a bigger fool out of him here than he does himself.

=D>

She must be having an orgasm with all the attention she’s receiving.

The types of people that find common ground…astounding.
Nothing like wolf to make the herd get closer, and closer…

Von Rivers?
HAAA!
This is fantastic.

Safety in numbers… they ganged up against me, these last few years, thinking I didn’t know or realise :icon-rolleyes: …but their game was as weak as their will, and I don’t like making such [naive, unworldly] types feel bad about themselves.

My forte? :romance-admire:

It’s predictable.
Automatic.
Instinctive.

I, fuckin’ luv it.
Riling up these imbeciles, that gather form near and far, through PM’s…fabulous.
It identifies them.

look at my Confession thread.
Independence means you don’t care about these retards.
They know who they are, and that’s why they gather in herds - despite their miniscule disagreements.

Their MO is usually shaming, mocking…its the female punishment - seeking to destroy your reputation, your standing in their herd.
This is the only punishment they can punish you with - lowering your place in their hierarchy.
They laugh - theoretically - to release nervous energies.