A nod to Phyllo

Yeah, me too.

If for no other reason than that ILP loses two more members who, in my view, actually did seem to love philosophy in a way that the yak yak yak crowd, the social media sorts and the fulminating fanatics of your ilk often make a mockery of. Hell, even promethean75 seems more and more inclined to go there now. To have “fun” discussions on the poop thread.

Still, I have to be honest and acknowledge that I may well be the cause in turn. Especially given those who, philosophically, were objectivists themselves in regard to “I” in the is/ought world. And whatever strange contraption Karpel Tunnel was here.

Down through the years, in one or another philosophy venue, I have managed to make any number of avid philosophers doubt their commitment to it. Again, as I noted previously, for 3 reasons:

Only_Humean, Faust, Mo, Uccisore…Moreno, Phyllo?

I can’t help but wonder if it might be me they were dispensing with rather than the “mob” that has overrun ILP now.

Biggie, you don’t like me because you don’t even understand my philosophy and you’ve never made an attempt to even try to understand, so really, your petty insults do you no favors. You and others think you got me all figured out, you really don’t. I also don’t take life or philosophy all that serious either because I view the entire world now going through the entropic process of crashing down. You of course don’t like that along with many others because you still pitifully believe there is something in this current world worth saving or salvaging, I of course don’t. :sunglasses:

I’m just a guy waiting for when the primordial earth takes all of modern mankind’s artifices, abstracts, ridiculous notions, cultural inventions, and simulations throwing them up into a huge global event of chaos. I’ll be such a happy boy on that day, I hope I’m alive to see it as a witness. :sunglasses: Only on that day will the world truly change along with being free and men like you will be brought to tears or ruin.

Can you believe this clown!!

Like I didn’t give him all the opportunity in the world to explain his philosophy with respect to this:

He pulled back immediately when the discussion was no longer “fun” for him.

Look, he and his ilk now basically control the boards. They’ve “won”. Not much to celebrate from my point of view, but, hey this is the internet, right? The lowest common denominator often rules!

And now, sadly enough, here too.

My main reasons are:

The pool of posters is too small to sustain a discussion.

A lot of the current posters are just interested in making unsubstantiated statements. They avoid a discussion or followup.

A lot of the current posters are nasty and insulting.

The bottom line is that I’m not getting much out of being here. I can find better ways to spend my time.

I’m going to be realistic here:

You have two guys who have me on ignore before I made some of the best posts the earth has ever known. The writing was on the wall.

That’s what you get with ignorers… abandonment

Give them all the accolades you want, have it break and shatter your heart…

Life still goes on.

You got plenty of attention before you started calling everyone ‘psychopath’ and ‘rapist’.

Try toning it down a bit and maybe you will get it back.

What have you got to lose?

You can’t handle it. When the best times of your lives shatter the hearts of others … you are a sadist.

I’m waking you up. I used to be like you, understand this: I used to be like you. I’m teaching now.

You always have the privilege of ignoring others.

I’m teaching again: ignoring others makes you a lesser person.

But I have no more stakes in this with you. I’ve said everything in this post that’s important to say to you to that regard.

You just decided to quit this particular social club.

I think the biggest takeaway from this thread is that an actual woman reproduced with Biggie and he had a daughter with her, I find that in of itself to be shockingly disturbing, I mean, when she was laying naked on the bed did he move up onto the pillows and whisper in her ear, “Hey Baby, let me tell you something about dasein.” I mean, how does that even work exactly or come into play? :-k =;

I’ve now heard it all. :confused: Anyways, this is my final reflection upon this thread.

That’s your take on it, fine. I’ll let others draw their own conclusions as to its merit.

Me, I’m sticking with you giving me yet another opportunity on another thread to expose just how chickenshit you are to go here:

Very well Biggie, I’ll take a look at your thread. :sunglasses:

[After lunch time here.]

Right, whatever that means. :laughing:

Just out of curiosity, that smug and scoffing persona portrayed in your avatar…

Now, as we all know, the cartoon character Jokers of comic book fame – and those up on silver screen – always walked the talk.

How do you walk it?

Everybody will see how I truly roll once the demise and collapse of the United States is complete. :evilfun:

I however don’t want to give anybody any spoilers on that at the moment. It’s more fun that way and I like to leave a bit of mystery or intrigue behind. I have future plans or reservations though, don’t you worry about that Biggie. :sunglasses:

About what I expected.

The collapse of the united states? You’ve been predicting that for at least as long as I’ve been here.

So it is still largely “in your head”. And, thus, how you “roll” is still largely in there too.

But, come on, given us some indication that this is not all just you talking the talk but not walking it. What is at least in the planning stages? And does it involve becoming a survivalist isolated from “society”…or more in the other direction: becoming involved in a clandestine political struggle to reconfigure the world more to your liking.

And what I worry about is the extent to which, as with Ecmandu and others here, your posts can all be explained by a…“condition”?

Oh, and a nod to Phyllo too. :sunglasses:

It has been a slow motion train wreck for sometime Biggie, but don’t you worry, it’s going to derail soon enough. I don’t have to explain or justify anything to you. Soon my prediction will justify itself in real time and you can then remember how crazy Joker over here was right all along all these years. Just ask yourself what dasein has to say on the matter thereafter. :sunglasses:

That’s true. It’s just that sites like this are created in order for us to explain and to justify our points of view. It’s just that the fulminating fanatics here are, in my own subjective-rooted-in-dasein opinion, chickenshit when it comes to taking their explanations and justifications here:

That’s one possible reason for sites like this. But people are not going to be go into great details. They are not interested in being that rigorous nor is most of the audience. Not here.

My frustration involves not being able to find and pull evidence forth from the internet, it’s completely missing or fees are involved. For instance, I wanted to know what charges China was tacking on to imports before 2018, nothing appeared about the past, rather only entry after entry of Trump’s trade deals with China. Grrr!

Uh, wrong thread? :laughing:

I know. Only, as I explained tp prom75, I put all my eggs in the ILP basket:

The only possible hope is that carleas makes an attempt to recruit new moderators in the mold of Only_Humean and Faust. If only in the philosophy forum. Unfortunately, if you click on his name you’ll note that the last time he visited ILP was 12/23. He explained on another thread that he was really busy of late. What we need are moderators willing and able to yank us back to the general vicinity of 10 years ago.

My attempts to get more moderation on this site span several years.

Completely unsuccessful.

Carleas’ solution : “Foe people.”