a thread for mundane ironists

Now I know why he “disappeared” the dungeon! If it were still around, I could copy and paste this virtual word for word reaction to Jeff!! That’s “aniceguy” to us here. It exposes not just how vapid his witless ripostes are but now numbingly repetitive. Lyssa would still be around today if she had been more reception to my own suggestions about Satyr’s reaction to the character phoneutria played in the dungeon. Pedro has made a few references to it on the Corner but he’s, well, biased to say the least. Now, of course, even the slightest hint from someone of what was going on then will get them booted out of the agora.

Note to Mr. Reasonable:

Do you recall those dungeon exchanges? I was never sure if you were in there yourself. Though I’m reasonably certain you aren’t someone he just made up.

& merry Mary quite con teary
& inter alias.

What’s this some kinda revival?

Posted by Allen fun’t

KTS Dungeon made an impact.
I had no idea how personal it had become.

Why have a Dungeon when you can ban?
Why have an Adyton when you can have a different Forum nobody knows about?

Wo-Man…all you have is gossip…and your friends.

Mary…contrary, yes. Quite.

This is how mythology develops…this is how gossip spreads.
Some scorned wo-man seeks retribution through spreading rumours about the man she once adored.
Fell for, was swept away…was made pregnant by.
My lords I got the vapours…
Then she needs an abortion…and to protect her own reputation by claiming she was raped.
She begged for the lover to come to her, thinking eros was at hand…he would woo her, and respect her, and make her his one and only.

Instead…he thumped the shit out of her…and she liked it, but is also ashamed she liked it.
She must punish him for leaving her with his child…she must kill the child, and his memory.

Ah… Mary Land

Mary had a little lamb…its fleece was white as snow…

Again, with all the posts “disappeared”, he can say anything he wishes about the [no bullshit] steamy “behind the scenes” shenanigans back then. Both on and offline. Some of it spilled over into the agora [or whatever it was called back then] but no way I’m going to scroll through all of that just in order to nail him.

Let’s just say that if the truth were ever to be made known, some here would actually be defending Polishyouthgotbanned!

Who raped you back then, sweetie? Who got you pregnant?
Tell uncle Birdie…I wont twit twat it to anyone.

As for him…you will learn exactly why he was banned…if you haven’t already.

Such drama on these forums.
As if they could “change the world”.

Nothing even approaching rape but Lyssa hit the nail on the head when she introduced you to polishyouth. Of course there is no way I can know for sure if the PMs actually came from her. No way in fact that I can confirm that she actually exists. All I know is her own “back story” on you and polishyouth.

And with all of us back then it didn’t need to be about changing the world because as I kept pointing out the “world” itself is ever and always only in your head. Whether it changes or not. And the festive holiday seasons here has never changed that.

But what still puzzles me is why the exchanges in the dungeon stopped. I know it revolved around me making a fool out of you [as I do here] but I always suspected that Lyssa’s post [which to the best of knowledge also “disappeared”] was far closer to the actual “truth”.

HA!!!
Then in your head you shall end…where you’ve always lived.
A zombie.

The narrative is in your head…has nothing to do with anything other.
I am in your head. Forever there.
You need this delusion.
I’ll leave you to your masturbations.
Spending a lifetime in your head.

Ta, Ta,

[b]Emile M. Cioran

I feel completely detached from any country, any group. I am a metaphysically displaced person.[/b]

If only going back to the Big Bang.

Existing is plagiarism.

If only going back to God.

I would like to go mad on one condition, namely, that I would become a happy madman, lively and always in a good mood, without any troubles and obsessions, laughing senselessly from morning to night.

Yep, that works for me too.

However much I have frequented the mystics, deep down I have always sided with the Devil; unable to equal him in power, I have tried to be worthy of him, at least, in insolence, acrimony, arbitrariness and caprice.

No, he really means it.

Man starts over again everyday, in spite of all he knows, against all he knows.

Today, for example.

How good would it be if one could die by throwing oneself into an infinite void.

After all, we live in one.

And a “Har Harr Harr!” right back at you.

Admittedly, you really got me hooked on Lyssa way back then.

Two things:

1] is she just someone you invented?
2] phoneutria…is she an invention too?

And if phoneutria is fake then that would make Pedro fake as well.

How about polishyouth? Another “character” in your twisted “plot” at KT?

Am I even real myself there?!

Shhhhhhh…imbecile.
All this is happening in your head.
We are all in your, us/our, mind. We are all sock-puppets of the great almighty one-mind.
We are all its victims.
Now, go fuck ourselves, in the here and now, then there.
Worthless piece of trash.

This is our final self-conversation.
It will not be determined that I should discuss anything more, with we/us, in the here, then, then there.

Godot is on the way.

Ta, Ta,

Just got the PM.

Wow, then you are Lyssa!

She invented you…not the other way around!!

And all that time in the dungeon, I really was just a character in her own demented script. But then so were you. Like me and Julian and Rebecca spinning others around and around at the Ponderer’s Guild. Straight out of John Fowles in The Magus.

The Ponderer’s Guild is long gone. But you can still access the discussions:
tapatalk.com/groups/pondere … fd962e07b7

Still, what was the point of it all?

Perhaps just her own way – and now your own way – of waiting for godot?

[b]so sad today

this too shall pass and come back as an emotional attachment to the wrong person[/b]

Scrap the astrology bullshit and I’m all yours!
That’s what he told her.

well, i don’t like my face

He was almost as obsessed with this as she was. The Tilda Swinton Syndrome he called it.

google.com/search?source=un … =625&dpr=1

google.com/search?q=tilda+s … 5&biw=1366

there’s just too much pressure to be awake during the day

Let’s explain that.

forgot that life is pain and then remembered again

Nope, I’ve never forgotten it myself.

content warning: sex with vegetables

I’ll take my chances, he told her.

i feel bad for all of us

Yo, Ecmandu!
At least I think that’s his point.

[b]Dave Grohl

The thing that will never go away is that connection you make with a band or a song where you’re moved by the fact that it’s real people making music. You make that human connection with a song like ‘Let It Be’ or ‘Long and Winding Road’ or a song like ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ or ‘Roxanne,’ any of those songs. They sound like people making music.[/b]

You know, like people posting real philosophy here.

I listen to boy band music before I have to fire someone.

Let’s just assume this makes sense.

What’s the last thing a drummer says in a band? ‘Hey guys, why don’t we try one of my songs?’

So, any exceptions?

I believe the history of American music is just as important as anything political because it’s changed generations of people.

No, this is actually true.

It’s a weird thing when you make records. You try to hear it before you make it, so you walk into the studio with this idea of what you expect to happen, and that usually changes. That usually turns into something else, and that’s a good thing. If everything was as you imagined it to be, it just wouldn’t be as much fun.

Wow, just like when we post here.

Rock stars are like sports stars: If you snap your ankle, you’re done.

Really? Name one.

[b]Philosophy Tweets

“Doubt is the origin of wisdom.” Rene Descartes[/b]

Of course that’s where I come in.

“There is no such thing as freedom of choice unless there is freedom to refuse.” David Hume

You know, if there’s any such thing as freedom at all.

“A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence.” David Hume

Next up: what a pinhead does.

“Few look for truth; many prowl about for a reputation of profundity by arrogantly challenging whichever arguments seem best.” Rene Descartes

Fucking Satyr to a fucking T!

“To live without philosophizing is in truth the same as keeping the eyes closed without attempting to open them.” René Descartes

Things that only philosophers believe.

“The reading of all good books is like a conversation with the finest minds of past centuries.” Rene Descartes

Let’s start here: amazon.com/Decline-Fall-All … B00ONA7JVQ :wink:

[b]Henri Cartier-Bresson

The camera can be a machine gun, a warm kiss, a sketchbook. Shooting a camera is like saying, Yes, yes, yes. There is no maybe. All the maybes should go in the trash.[/b]

Again, you tell me: google.com/search?q=henri+c … =625&dpr=1

It’s wonderful to be famous as long as you remain unknown.

You know, like me here. :wink:

In whatever one does there must be a relationship between the eye and the heart.

For example, the heart stops being, the eye stops seeing.

In order to give meaning to the world, one has to feel oneself involved in what he frames. This attitude requires concentration, a discipline of mind, sensitivity, and a sense of geometry.

Sounds like it could be true. Once we pin down what it means.

It is the photo that takes you. One must not take photos.

Sounds like it could be true. Once we pin down what it means.

Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again.

The past let’s call it.

[b]Philosophy Tweets

“People are not being honest around here about what is happening.” Overheard[/b]

Here for example.

“All knowledge degenerates into probability.” David Hume

Probably?

3 philosophers walk into a bar. Heisenberg turns to the other 2 & says, “Clearly this is a joke, but how can we figure out if it’s funny or not?”
Gödel replies, “We can’t know that because we’re inside the joke.”
Chomsky says, “Of course it’s funny. You’re just telling it wrong.”

Now all we need is the joke, right?

“The reality we can put into words is never reality itself.” Werner Heisenberg

Let alone your “intellectual contraption” words.

“I think that modern physics has definitely decided in favor of Plato. In fact the smallest units of matter are not physical objects in the ordinary sense; they are forms, ideas which can be expressed unambiguously only in mathematical language.” Werner Heisenberg

What, including dasein?

“The function of prayer is not to influence God, but rather to change the nature of the one who prays” Søren Kierkegaard

Explain this, Bob.

[b]Iain McGilchrist

Compared with music all communication by words is shameless; words dilute and brutalise; words depersonalise; words make the uncommon common.[/b]

Not excluding his own one suspects.

The model we choose to use to understand something determines what we find.

For example…objectivism?

None of us actually lives as though there were no truth. Our problem is more with the notion of a single, unchanging truth. The word ‘true’ suggest a relationship between things: being true to someone or something, truth as loyalty, or something that fits, as two surfaces may be said to be ‘true.’ It is related to ‘trust,’ and is fundamentally a matter of what one believes to be the case.

Ah, the intellectual contraption truth.

Meaning emerges from engagement with the world, not from abstract contemplation of it.

As, alas, Lyssa forget to explain to Satyr.

So the left hemisphere needs certainty and needs to be right. The right hemisphere makes it possible to hold several ambiguous possibilities in suspension together without premature closure on one outcome.

And, of course, this absolutely explains everything.

Every thing that purports to be the truth is, according to Heidegger, inevitably an approximation and true things, things that really are, rather than as we may apprehend them, are in themselves ineffable, ungraspable.

Not counting fascism of course.

[b]Philosophy Tweets

“Knowledge and error flow from the same mental sources; only success can tell one from the other.” Ernst Mach[/b]

And even then, only in the either/or world.

“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.” Ernest Hemingway

Right up until you pull the trigger.

“Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.” Napoleon Bonaparte

No, really, think about it this time.

“Life isn’t hard to manage when you’ve nothing to lose.” Ernest Hemingway"

Or, of course, all the harder.

“The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.” Leonardo da Vinci

Obviously there were pinheads back then too.

For a man wins nothing better than a good wife, and then again nothing deadlier than a bad one." Hesiod

Next up: what a woman wins.

[b]Joe Abercrombie

Take everything as a compliment, you can never be insulted.[/b]

Good advice, Mr. Pinhead?

A look of fury, a look of pain, a look of hatred you can trust. A smile can hide anything.

And there is certainly the equivalent of that here.

If you can’t find anything to complain about you aren’t looking hard enough.

Fortunately, here that’s never, ever a problem.

I’m trying to put things in the best light, but a turd’s a turd, whatever light it’s in!

Not unlike, for example, a pinhead.

Life is a series of things we would rather not do.

If not things that infuriate us.

First it is done to us, then we do it to others, then we order it done. Such is the way of things.

Next up: genes more or less than memes.