a thread for mundane ironists

Back up on the skyhook of objectivist clap-trap.

Note to Others
What does she even mean?

Note to zinnat:

His very own groot, right? :laughing:

Note to everyone else:

Is it even possible to be more dimwitted than this? Over and over and over again with the same lame “comebacks”.

But at least it’s not in a philosophy thread. Also, Lyssa once sent me a PM admitting that inventing him was one of the most embarrassing mistakes she ever made. True story.

Note to Joker
Thought you were cumin.

Note to everyone
i win…again.
It is fate.

Note to Philosophy
I nullified you. I win.

Note to Mary
We are both innocent.
They are all guilty.

Seriously, though…

Go through his “notes to” above.

You tell me: How on earth is it possible to imagine that they are…clever? They neither make you think nor smirk.

They’re just plain…dumb.

I don’t get why he insists on posting them over and over again. It’s like his whole point is to be embarrassed.

A little help with this, please.

What real philosophy is about.

Note to Reality
Do you exist?

Note to Existence
I am reality.

Huffing-Puffing
Good point.
Que shit-Stain, for some real failospohizing.
You’re up.
I was a born a hustler to a crooked ghetto blaster. The more I go one way I stop, scratch my arse and realize I could have gone the other way.
Pimpin’ my way through the world.
Fractured and fragmented, furiously fuming as filamenting fanatics.

A MIRROR IS RAISED ON SKYHOOKS, REFLECTING THE REALITY OF YOU.

His solution? Of course: more of the same.

He has absolutely no access to wit.

But he simply refuses to be embarrassed by it. And, with him, it wouldn’t surprise me at all if it is completely genetic.

You know, given the real deal free will world.

[b]God

When someone says “I have a right to my opinion” they mean “I have a right to someone else’s opinion I found online.”[/b]

Feel free to have the right to mine.

I’m afraid the new variant is even more reason-resistant.

Uh, oh, Mr. Pinhead!!

Don’t use drugs or alcohol to solve your problems.
Use them because they’re fun.

In Heaven, for example.

I’m sorry I keep putting out new COVID variants but sometimes perfectionism gets the better of Me.

Oh well, so much for the loving, just and merciful God.

The great thing about Covid is it’s willing to change if that’s what it takes to be part of your life.

Almost as though He made it that way.

This Thanksgiving Christmas I’m grateful to those who don’t believe in Me for trying to protect the world from those who do.

I’m doing my bit here, right Bob?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfFWRWCxQrg[/youtube]

If it fits…you must convict…

[b]Steven Pinker

The problem with the religious solution for mysteries such as consciousness and moral judgments was stated by Mencken when he wrote, “Theology is the effort to explain the unknowable in terms of the not worth knowing.” For anyone with a persistent intellectual curiosity, religious explanations are not worth knowing because they pile equally baffling enigmas on top of the original ones. What gave God a mind, free will, knowledge, certainty about right and wrong? How does he infuse them into a universe that seems to run just fine according to physical laws? How does he get ghostly souls to interact with hard matter? And most perplexing of all, if the world unfolds according to a wise and merciful plan, why does it contain so much suffering? As the Yiddish expression says, If God lived on earth, people would break his window.[/b]

If not crucify Him.

Humans are so innately hardwired for language that they can no more suppress their ability to learn and use language than they can suppress the instinct to pull a hand back from a hot surface.

True. But that doesn’t make my points go away.

When gentlemen agreed to a duel, they were fighting not for money or land or even women but for honor, the strange commodity that exists because everyone believes that everyone else believes that it exists.

Then the part where one person’s honor is another person’s utter disgrace.

The quotation falsely attributed to Stalin, ‘One death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic,’ gets the numbers wrong but captures a real fact about human psychology.

Is that attributable to anyone here?

Classic writing, with its assumption of equality between writer and reader, makes the reader feel like a genius. Bad writing makes the reader feel like a dunce.

Cue the pinheads here. Not that it will change anything.

A woman gets into a taxi in Boston’s Logan airport and asks the driver, ‘Can you take me somplace where I can get scrod?’ He says, ‘Gee, that’s the first time I’ve heard it in the pluperfect subjunctive.’

Uh, this is supposed to be a joke right?

We’ll need a context.
How does it apply to Mary and her pregnancy predicament?

Bring it “down to earth” out of the clouds…
Dish…gossip…do it.

[b]tiny nietzsche

me: just kidding
narrator: he was, in fact, not kidding[/b]

How about if I be the narrator here?

sisyphus making coffee

Multi-tasking as it were.

service industry tip: the customer is always wrong

Yo, Comcast!

you buy a dead tree every year. no wonder the forest hates you

Let’s confirm this.

what if I fuck around and never find out?

After all, we never find out here.

I can’t get spotify to work on my turntable

Same with my 8-track tape.

We’ll need a context.
How does it apply to Mary and her pregnancy predicament?

Bring it “down to earth” out of the clouds…
Dish…gossip…do it.

[b]Yuval Noah Harari

One of the greatest fictions of all is to deny the complexity of the world and think in absolute terms.[/b]

Or what some call objectivist terms. If only in, well, you know.

Religion is a deal, whereas spirituality is a journey.

Right. And who needs a context for that.

Hunter-gatherers spent their time in more stimulating and varied ways, and were less in danger of starvation and disease. The Agricultural Revolution certainly enlarged the sum total of food at the disposal of humankind, but the extra food did not translate into a better diet or more leisure. Rather, it translated into population explosions and pampered elites. The average farmer worked harder than the average forager, and got a worse diet in return. The Agricultural Revolution was history’s biggest fraud.

Right up there with covid-19 and vaccinations.

Our language evolved as a way of gossiping.

Well, that and subsistence.

Individual humans know embarrassingly little about the world, and as history has progressed, they have come to know less and less. A hunter-gatherer in the Stone Age knew how to make her own clothes, how to start a fire, how to hunt rabbits, and how to escape lions. We think we know far more today, but as individuals, we actually know far less. We rely on the expertise of others for almost all our needs.

So, what do you think?

First, if you want reliable information, pay good money for it. If you get your news for free, you might well be the product.

I know, let’s call this the media industrial complex.

This is now what Mr. Fun in our festive holiday season has allowed himself to be reduced down to…following me around and taking sub-mental dumps in my threads.

His own rendition of the Wendy Darling dumps:

:banana-angel: :banana-blonde: :banana-dreads: :banana-explosion: :banana-fingers: :banana-gotpics: :banana-gotpics: :banana-guitar: :banana-jumprope: :banana-linedance: :banana-ninja: :banana-parachute: :banana-rainbow: :banana-rock: :banana-skier:

Note to Others
Look what I’ve reduced her to.

My thumping has made her into a fulminating fanatic, if I say so myself, as I misconstrue Dasein in the here and now.

Unless I am wrong…of course.
:wink:

[b]tiny nietzsche

cogito ergo sum bitch[/b]

You too, bastard.

good places to haunt when you die:
a forest
the library
7-eleven parking lot

And here of course.

post. cringe. repeat

Next up: read. cringe. repeat

you get the judges you pay for

Or vote for.
Right, Mr. Pinhead?

an iron skillet will outlive you

Not counting when you are back to being star stuff of course.

worry about tomorrow tomorrow

At, say, the stroke of midnight.

So, should I continue with these ridiculous exchanges?

That’s when it occurred to me to follow Anton Chigurh’s path: flip a coin

Here we go:

Heads I end them
Tails I don’t

Tails.

True story.

In an Us Them world of no god, and no free-will.

How could I not contribute to Mary Land’s promiscuous naïve, lifestyle, even if in a no-god no morality world I am not obligated by anything, but the state to pay for Mary to remain a whore, or, at the very least a naïve twat spreading her legs indiscriminately.
This then, is my here now…
The more I go in one direction the more my un-free will urges me to turn back and consider the opposite direction as just as likely.

Remember when Jeff confronted Lyssa some years ago in the dungeon and accused her of being phoneutria? Remember Mr Crap Crap Crap’s reaction…bringing to our attention Shit Smear’s post about Natalie in the old ILP? The same sort of junk he now posts here in the new ILP, right? Only back then I hadn’t even mentioned Mary!

So this Mary – the whore – must be completely made up. Or is it actually someone who does exist. A caricature of someone who continues to post here still?

If so, will he have the balls to name her?

You know, assuming a free will world.

There she goes again…bringing it “down to earth”…what real “philosophy” is about.
Gossip, slander, undermining, rumours, rejecting, negating, refusing, gossiping…gossiping…it’s what she calls “down to earth” …
I give you iamretarded in a girdle.
In case you didn’t know what she is and what her real motives are.
Wo-Manly motives. Feminine tactics.
Lying, pretending, mocking, manipulating…or trying to - she’s not even good at that - and what wit, no?
So mature…so adult…for the kids she patronizes.

Her god is Nil.
She seeks converts…to “change the world”, after spending a lifetime going from Abrahamism, to Marxism, and now she found her way to postmodernism.
A perfect life, lived doing her messianic mission. God’s work, in a no-god universe. Moral, in an amoral world.

I’m glad she is here…and nowhere else.
Here she shall stay…until Godot comes to carry her sorry ass into the abyss of space/time.

*thump
*Thump

Who’s there?
Goat.