Absolute Velocity

Wrong again. I am in the box, standing still in the box at the center. There is no motion, it is just me in a box in space. I have no idea if the box has a velocity in space or not.

I emit a light from the center of the box and measure the time it takes for the light to reach the Z receiver, which is a distance of .5 light seconds away from the center.

The light hits the receiver at t=.65 seconds. So the speed of light in the box, to the Z receiver is .5/.65=.769c

You are changing the narrative. You said that the box was moving at a particular speed.

Which is it? It matters.

Is the source of light moving to the left when it flashes? That isn’t what you said - but what you are saying now.

I’ve changed nothing! You are starting to become aware of what I am showing, and it’s still fuzzy to you now. As time progresses it will get more clear as I explain it to you.

I am in the box, and I measured the times to the receivers, and calculated the absolute velocity of the box in space, using light to measure with. I made the diagram to show my findings!

The “source of light” remains at the center of the box at all times. There is no motion in the box!

The motion is the box traveling in space at the absolute velocity of .638971c. It is a single box traveling in the vacuum of space. There is no relative motion to any other object.

What you SHOW is the box moving away from the depicted center of the light circle.

If the center of the light circle does not stay in the center of the box - how could the box not be moving?

The center of the light circle is the point in space where the light source was when it emitted light.

Yes, the box has moved in space away from that point in space. That is what absolute velocity is! It is the motion of a single object in space.

So back to where we started - the box is moving with respect to the source of light and the observer (else the observer would think that space was moving to the left).

So the true inertial frame in this scenario is the source of the light and the box is moving to the right as the light chases the box’s right wall.

There is no such thing as absolute velocity. In a single-object universe, velocity is not absolute, it is undefinable.

The entire box is the inertial frame. Every clock in the box at every point in the box reads the exact same time. The distance between the center of the box, where the light source is, and each receiver is EXACTLY the same.

IN THE BOX, light takes different amounts of time to reach the different receivers, which are all the same distance from the center. That makes the speed of light different to the different receivers.

IN THE BOX, the speed of light is different in different directions.

The box is moving in SPACE, it is traveling a distance in space per a duration of time.

We are not talking about closing speed, we are talking about absolute velocity!

see above

If you are trying to say “no it isn’t” that isn’t going to cut it here.

Show me where my error is or keep your “no it isn’t” comments to yourself.

Just saying “no” is not a valid response.

That would be true of every frame - it has nothing to do with being the “inertial frame”.

That is YOUR theory - unproven(able).

You are saying that light travels at different speeds in a vacuum - how would the light know what direction the box is moving so as to change its speed?

And that means that it is not the observer’s frame of reference. The observer cannot see empty space - moving or not.

So you want there to be a separate observer in the box. And your theory is that observer2 will note that the light from observer1’s flash will meet one side of the box before the other - Relativity disagrees.

Without that second observer - relativity had nothing to do with your scenario.

I already told you. Velocity is not definable in a single-object universe. Crack a physics textbook.

Nobody said anything about a “single object universe.”

Absolute velocity is the velocity of an object in space, irrespective of any relative velocity that object has to any other object.

It doesn’t matter what the relative velocity is between the box and another object, that is “closing speed.” I am talking about the velocity of an object in space, not the relative velocity of one object compared to another object.

James expressed the same concern that you are trying to express in his Stopped Clock Paradox thread from years ago. He used many gif’s such as the following one that depicts the paradox of relativity theory -
[list][/list:u]
He shows that when the light meets at a clock at the same instant to stop the clock - the station observer must see the station clock stop but the train observer must see the train clock stop - but only one of them can be right.

Also this one -
[list][/list:u]

That is positing a single-object universe. Velocity is undefinable, not absolute.

It has everything to do with Einstein’s second postulate that says the speed of light is constant in an inertial frame.

NO, it is not constant, as I’ve shown in the box, that light speed is different, depending on the direction you measure it in the box.

The ONLY way the light will reach all the receivers at the same time in .5 seconds is IF the box has an absolute zero velocity in space.

No it is not! I am not talking about the closing speed between the box and the Earth, for example. I am taking about the velocity of the box in space.

It is the velocity of 1 rocket traveling in space, regardless of the closing speeds between that rocket and every other object in the universe. The rocket has it’s own velocity, irrespective of the closing speed between it and another object.

You can’t assume non-relativity (as you have been doing) in the effort to prove non-relativity.

According to relativity the observer in the box WILL see the light strike both walls at the same time. You haven’t proven relativity wrong - only stated that you disagree.

My theory has both absolute velocity and relative velocity. I am talking about the absolute velocity of the box in space.

It is not an opinion as to whether the light sphere contacted the receivers at the same time or not. A single light at the center is emitted, and the receivers are contacted at different times. That is a FACT!

I know you have faith that in the box the receivers are contacted by the light at the same time, but your faith is garbage! The receivers are contacted at DIFFERENT TIMES, even though the distance is the same from the center.

There goes your faith about “light speed is constant in an inertial frame!” It certainly is NOT, it depends on the direction of measure as to what the speed of light is in the box!

Velocity with respect to what?