Absolute Velocity

If a light is in the center of a moving box, then the light source is traveling with the box and will strike all the walls simultaneously.

It’s too bad James isn’t here to support his conjecture! Since you are not James I’ll avoid talking to you about his arguments. I’d gladly talk to James about it, but since you are not him it would be wasting my time talking to you about his ideas.

Space. Velocity is distance/time. Distance in space over the duration of time.

Your argument amounts to - “if there is no relativity then I must be right.”

His thread is still there. It’s rather long.

The problem that I see is that you have no idea what relativity is about anyway so you are not actually proving anything whether you are right or not.

You have to have 3 or more objects to have distance.

NO IT WILL NOT! You are saying the center of the light sphere will travel along with the box, and that is impossible! The center of the light sphere is a point in space, not capable of motion.

The light sphere expands its radius in space over a duration of time. The center of the light sphere never changes location in space.

If you think the receivers are contacted simultaneously, show me! Or be very accurate with your calculations and distances, times, and coordinates, like I have shown you!

You don’t need ANY objects to have distance. Distance is inevitable! There is no other alternative!

You can’t define velocity with respect to empty space.

Once again,

So if there was only one object - how big might it be?

If there were no objects - how wide would the universe be?

Still just flapping your lips. How about you show me the box in space having a velocity? Oh, wait, you can’t do that, because your box never moves in space! LOL

You would show a box, with a light sphere contacting all the receivers at the same time, a circle in a box. That is all you know, and since your faith is strong, you’re sticking to it! LOL

I just did! Tell me where my mistake is in the diagram, and quit saying, “you can’t do that.” That is a 2 year old’s response.

An object can be any size greater than zero.

If there were no objects in space it would simply be space, no objects. Space is inevitable, there is no other option! Don’t you understand that? You don’t need objects to have infinite space!

Objects reside in the infinite volume of space!

Wrong.

It is impossible to not have infinite 3 dimensional distance, I don’t care what your Einstein link tells you.

Space is infinite volume, and volume is 3 dimensional distance.

From any point there is infinite distance in every direction from that point.

You are trying to say that you can do away with space. That is simply impossible! Massive objects can be created and destroyed, but infinite space is INEVITABLE!

Well, Motor Daddy, you are just wrong. Space is not nothing. It is the gravitational field of the universe. Absent matter and energy, there is no space and no time. And it is not possible to define a velocity in a universe containing only one object. Your whole thread is bollocks. So sorry! :smiley:

Distance is nothing. 3 dimensional distance is volume, and space is INFINITE volume.

What you are saying is that there is no distance outside the universe, and that is absolutely wrong.

What do you think, that distance just stops? How would distance stop in any direction, a brick wall with a do not enter sign?

Oh, lord.

No, I did not say that space just stops. I said that space is the gravitational field of the universe. Without matter and energy there is no space or time. There is nothing at all (and space is not nothing).

You are calling the matter of the universe “space.” That is not space, that is the object the universe. The universe is an object, like a ball, only larger. There are other “balls” in space besides our universe.

You live in an object called the universe. You also live in a galaxy. You also live in a solar system. You also live in the Earth. All of that lives in the multiverse, and all of the multiverses live in the “Googleverse.” LOL

You get the point.

Fairy tales.

The real fairy tale is claiming the limits of our knowledge are the limits of existence. Typical egotistical mankind, the center of existence, and if it’s unknown to him, then it doesn’t exist. Laughable!

We live in a system so big it’s beyond our abilities to observe. There are systems so small it’s beyond our abilities to observe. To claim our capabilities are the limits of existence is absurd!

We know for a fact that:

We live in the Earth
We live in the solar system
We live in a galaxy
We live in a universe

…and that’s the extent of our limited knowledge. To claim that’s all there is because that’s all we know is outrageous!