Acquiring the consciousness of universality

Every day, the Stock Exchange publishes the share prices: some are rising, others are falling, those that are rising today will fall tomorrow, and vice versa. Yes, and on a larger scale, the same phenomena have taken place in the history of the world: at any given time, certain values were held high, and others were considered worthless.

In certain eras, for example, physical courage was glorified: heroes were those who knew how to fight each other in tournaments, duels or wars, and who were never afraid of danger.

In other times, sacrifice was accorded the highest worth: men and women were admired who could give up everything in order to devote themselves to God in solitude and silence, or to serve the poor, the sick and the persecuted.

In our times, it is the intellect that is most highly valued: the capacity to reason and acquire knowledge in order to act on matter.

But this will not last, and already another value is making its appearance: brotherhood.

It is this that will motivate human beings to keep expanding their consciousness, until they acquire the consciousness of universality

OMA

Wow, what makes you think that brotherhood is the next phase? What are you seeing that shows this?

Is this a serious question ? Dont you see what I see ?

I’m going to assume that you are serious and ask what it is that you are seeing.

Of course, I am serious , dont you see the positivity around you , dont you see the signs of the future ?

Naturally I know things are also bad in the world , but Im speaking of the good here , and of the good in the future .

Consider how different life was for people 500 years ago , and look at us now , you cant deny there is progress .

Consider the change towards rascism , women , tolerance for other religions , of course you could pick numerous examples of rascism and wife beating , religious hatred in the world at the moment .

But its about how far sighted your vision is .

We know this is minority now and not the majority . It is becoming more and more unnacceptable to have certain opinions now , do certain things , that we would not have thought was wrong only 50 years ago

Consider technology . During the war young Japanese men fought with and hated young american men , british men hating germans , the whole world at each others throats .

As it always was down through the ages . Men have always fought. They traded with each other yes , world exporting and importing , but the world was gripped in more fear than it is now . People did not understand each other as they do now !

History proves this .

Now we have P.C games , I-pods , laptops . Of no real significance ?
No , on the contrary , young Japanese men now listen to house , hip hop , wear tainers , like rock , play games , as do all young american , british , german men , people all round the world.

Technology has been responsible for creating a wider empathy.
And thats only one material example of what is helping to change the world.

Now we communicate better than ever before . Human history has never ceased with wars . The same is true now , but at least our wars are fewer , and less horrific .

No ? Well consider how your life would have been as a german barbarian fighting the romans , or a scotsman fighting the english .

Its about perspective .

An understanding . Do you suppose Britain will ever have another civil war , or america ?

Not likely . Because things have improved so much . And will not go back the way . It would take a tremendous evil to propel us back to a civil war .

Things have improved dramatically. Yes the third world starves still , yes there is poverty and crime , but look at the seeds that are sprouting , think like a farmer , think of the yield many many years from now .

I see brainswashing and false doctrines being forced upon us. From your perspective, however, I see what your saying. It is true, Britain and the U.S.A may hardly ever declare war on their own nations again. In fact, it is these two nations that will receive the softest blows during the Tribulation.(Though they will will still be hit hard)

As for the immediate immediate future( redundancy on purpose), I feel that Brotherhood will make a comeback. However there is something that tells me it won’t last. This unity between men may not last too long.(I"m almost sure of it) There is too much evil buried in the hearts of Humanity. While you are correct that certain views are looked down on. Good views that are now impolite for dinner conversation are spat upon along with the bad now even more than ever that I have heard of.

Also, I feel that while logic has also made a comeback, the illogical mindset brought upon by rigid indoctrination has brought along with it an unreasonableness as well as our prized Modern Enlightenment. We may be intelligent and perhaps have more brain power than our ancestors, but I know in my heart that many of our people have sacrificed a piece of their empathy and enlightenment for mere I.Q points.

The situation in California is slowly creeping toward an anti-christian mindset which seems to mirror the anti-semetism of a few decades before the rise of Hitler. I’m quite afraid that the bigotry of the people has simply been quieted, not done away with. That is the vice of the Modern Man. While I can see what some people are saying, that we are advancing so much, one single thought has been racing in my mind for many years now. Man has remembered the Servant and forgotten the Gift. Whereas we have nursed and nourished our knowledge and earthly wisdom, we accumalate false doctrines and continue it seems we will toward the dark waters of Eternity.

As for me alone, I will serve the Lord, but soon others will hideously violate my brothers of the faith and think it a service to God.

I see it yeh , in what you say.

Please get it into your head that you are not in a film , this tribulation you speak about , you are misguided .

Your belief in a devil is harmful to yourself and to others. .

I tried to help you , you,ve only yourself to blame when it all comes crashing down .

When it all comes crashing down, you’ll be wishing the plane didn’t have a christian pilot… :laughing:

John 16: 25-26 – “These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no longer speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the father.”

That time is here.

Certainly, there are many good things happening and I have to agree that you are correct.

I had a saying way back when the soviets were still around that Greed Will Save The Day. That meant that people will not blow each other up, for love of greed! Greed sometimes makes all kinds of things happen that appear good.

So, the question is whether or not these “good” things that are happening have a secret negative motivation or if greed itself secretly brings about good.

Good observation , valid point . But what you see as greed , where this conversations concerned anyway , I see as an innate part of natural intelligence . Which is harmonious and benevolant , not selfish . Why I believe this is another topic .

But There is nothing wrong with wanting , with buying and looking to upgrade .You have been given the faculties of good taste , a love of difference for a reason .

Poison can be used in small doses to produce a greater good . Therefore as Rousseau says , the city itself is what makes people appreciate culture, despite the fact that it may also be a hub of crime and immorality .

Likewise trading with others , which takes place mainly in cities , has essentially helped propel us towards a greater humanitarianism .

We have too much to lose by fighting with our neighbours , and your right this can be seen as an innately selfish thing .

But likening the first developments of trade that flourished to a seed , as in mans mental/spiritual development has grown like a plant symbolically speaking from , basic primitive animal , to semi refined , to refined , to what we are seeing more of now , genuinely altruistic , we can see a picture develop .Wether you choose to see this picture is another issue .

As I said we have now become genuine friends with people from other countries who we would otherwise have fought with at the drop of a hat . Friends because we like each other not because we can get something in the form of goverment taxes or alike.

Through speaking to each other in the medieval periods we began to realize that we liked other peoples music , food , wine , clothes . This is the roots of democracy .

Consider the difference in attitude only 60 years ago towards women , colored people , the chinese , the japanese , the arabs . Crusades , wars , all sorts . Unfounded racial slurs against almost everyone . Built on hundreds of years of war . Paranoia and suspicion .

Trade has encouraged genuine altruism . Therefore I see that trade is an innate part of natural intelligence , which is benevolant , and not as a necessary part of evolution which is only reciprocal.

Business can cripple the third world , but it also creates millions of jobs , and new technologies , all of which help . Its a matter of how to trade and with what , that will be our next philosophical dilemma . But of course the answer has always been there in nature .

Nature disposes of billions of dead corpses every year , deals with tons of water , snow and ice . And yet its system is perfect. Every conceivable insect and micro biotic creature is in place to disintegrate flesh and bones etc.

And here we are polluting the earth with billions of tons of waste that is non persishable . You see , we are still quite slow mentally in some areas . But goverment policies are catching up on the magnificent intelligence of nature .

Create perishable products to save polluting the earth . We are just starting to realize that , but nature has done it all along .

Look at the alliances many creatures have with each other in nature , Small fish that swim with sharks and dont get eaten , but protected in return for a cleaning service , and so it continues throughout the insect and animal kingdom.

Wild beasts that would otherwise devour and tear at another creature , they have no consciousness like us , and yet they help teach us the art of business & trade . Harmony .

We are so much better than small fish , and we can use our unique sense of morality to shape these things we learn from nature into the most benevolant acts and exchanges between people.

I think that this is your best post in that I have rarely met anyone that instantly got my “greed will save the world” concept.

I have a belief, that is based on my knowledge of Asian culture, that the current Chinese push toward capitalism is secretly a plan to spread communism view flooding the market with cheap well-made goods. I think that they may “get it” or at least I hope they do.

Anyway, I can see the greedy and short-sighted attempting to sell crap to people in other cultures and by accident making us all the same. People in homogenous societies get along better and there is less crime. We can’t make people physically homogenous, but we can culturally.

I wish that I would live to see the day.

Problem is that while homogenous societies have less conflict, conflict is what drives human social evolution IMOHO. When we move to a grey global blandness and sameness, we might gain some peace at the cost of our creativity and “humanity.”

Yeah, I’m no longer interested in social evolution and think that the “future” may be a myth. It is my opinion that technology will reach a limit and that humans are stuck on planet Earth. A bland global culture will mean that generation after generation can live without large scale horror.

Dont you think we will inhabit space ?

I really don’t think technology has any limits, in the practical sense. The (probably) immutable laws of physics may funnel it in certain directs, but I think everything that’s not flatly impossible is inevitable. The “wonders” of technology we’ve seen up to this point are just drops in the bucket.

The problem with a homogeneous culture is creating that. That’s been the goal of many dictators, Hitler for one, and it usually involves doing it by force. Problem is not everyone wants to be part of the Borg Collective. Some identify strongly with their race, religion and/or culture and hold it to be integral to who they are.

Bland will only come after the bloody.

Do you mean domestic conflict , neighbourly rows etc or wars and global destruction ?

Yes.

It is my belief that most of science is a fiction created by capitalistic pressures to produce papers and theories in order to keep your job or get grants for the school. We know very little and can’t know that much. The challenges of space are impossible due to the fact that we will never figure out how to manipulate energy. If you think about it all of our current (big) systems run on steam. Also, the distances in space make it pointless to go anywhere.

However, I do think that computers have the potential to advance significantly. I even believe that it will be possible to create a simulated person, such as an android. However, we are stuck on this planet and I bet that now will be much like 3000 years from now.

Which ?