Anyone here seen a ghost, UFO, or other strange entity?

I think they are advanced life forms from other dimensions.

The reason they don’t engage with humans is because we’re like squirrels by comparison.

Could be. I don’t know. Seeing the UFO gave me no special insight into what they are. It did persuade me that the sightings are not all fake.

Felix,

I think they’re obviously real.

Well I’m not gonna tell u about the aliens because I don’t know if I can trust u, freespirit.

Can you suggest ways that I might be able to document it?

For me, deeper waters involve actually going out there and experiencing it.

Give me a try :slight_smile:

In this day and age of technological marvels, there are various recording devices available that allow us to capture the world around us as never before. Even if blind and you experience something strange you can aim a smart phone camera/video device in the direction of the source and capture it as best you can. Allowing others not blind to see what you did capture. Or, if you think the expereince might be replicated, you can take a sighted person along with you.

I understand that, but you as an individual can only experience so much. To basically stop there and not seek out the experiences of others makes no sense to me. Especially when so much of what we experience revolves around what we see.

After all, that is, in part, why you created the thread. To seek out the experiences of those who have seen these things. Or people you might be able to contact and share your own experiences with. What can they add to your experience by including vision into the mix.

In any event, what is still most difficult for me to grasp is how you connect the dots between your experiences [strange or otherwise] and your conviction that you are a “moral person”. Given the manner in which through Nature and the Goddess – a Goddess herself would seem very strange to many – your own personal experiences are all it takes. Meanwhile, other Pagans, given their own personal experiences with Nature, can come to completely conflicting conclusions about what is or is not moral.

For all practical purposes, how can a community of Pagans interact harmoniously together given this? And while The Wicker Man was in many ways a caricature of Pagans, one crucial element still revolved around how as a community it was us against him.

On the other hand, our own individual renditions of what it means to be out in the deep waters here leads to the seeming inevitable “Collapse” between us.

And then [for me] the part where things like human ghosts would seem to suggest the existence of some kind of afterlife. So, yeah, if someone claims that human ghosts are real, I’m definitely interested in noting how they would go about demonstrating it to me. Given that the alternative still seems to be oblivion.

I don’t own a smartphone. I suppose I could borrow my brother’s camera but it really isn’t as simple as you seem to think, with all the variables involved. You will note that I used his camera to take a photo of myself in front of a mirror for my profile pic, but what you can’t see, since he cropped it, is him standing next to me, directing me.

Technical issues, admittedly, but there’s something more far more fundamental. Namely, I very much doubt that any entity that appeared would stick around while I fumbled with a camera. The experiences I’ve had in the past have involved sound (voices, music), smell, and touch, in the form of tingling of the skin. But I have no reason to think there were any visual manifestations, and indeed, why would there be?

Still, I’m not ruling out the idea and will give it some thought, since I always like the idea of experimenting.

Yes, that’s definitely why I created this thread, in order to hear about other people’s experiences, and, as you say, especially their visual descriptions, which I’m always interested in hearing about.

I have no doubt that such experiences are real, the only question is, for me at least, what is their exact nature? With regard to morality, when I’m out in nature, feeling a connection with it, it is clear that all life is part of one great whole, and this is why I think that I’m a moral person. I don’t wish to do harm, because by doing harm to others we are harming everything, including ourselves.

Pagans tend to accept that other Pagans have different moral stances, and that’s perfectly fine. Conflicts usually revolve around other, more practical things.

I don’t know if ghosts are the spirits of humans who have passed over, or are something else.

I haven’t seen any proverbial UFO or ET’s but I’ve seen what seems to have been a partial manifestation of something and was lucky enough to share the experience with a group of teenage friends.

One of these days I’ll write it up in detail, but the manifestation (which you’re interested in) happened after being in contact with these entities each day over the 6-week summer school holidays. Up till then, we were communicating with them intuitively (or telepathically) but we had never actually seen them.

Each day over this period we were urged to do certain things like sit in a circle, hold hands, meditate or describe aloud what each one of us could see. Things like that. What we noticed from the start was a shift in consciousness. We felt more peaceful, more loving and, as the weeks passed, our awareness expanded and we were flooded with feelings of bliss and deep love for each other which I’ve never felt before or since.

One particular evening we were sitting on bean bags in the lounge room – yeah, it was the early 70’s what can I say? As per usual, we were silent. Verbal communication was becoming less and less necessary because just being with each other was all we really wanted.

It was around 5pm and starting to get dark when, from the corner of my eye, I noticed something move on the ceiling. I kept my head still and glanced up. It looked like a purplish cloud thingy was forming on one side of the lounge room ceiling. I thought I might be imagining it so I glanced at the others. They were all looking up or looking around to see if others could see it.

We remained silent. We knew we were about to begin another stage and this was going to be something very different.

As this cloud or mist got larger, it filled the entire ceiling and began crawling down the walls. I was apprehensive, excited and in awe. When it got to about a metre/3 feet above my head, I watched my arms automatically rise up over my head and remain there as if I was trying to prevent the cloud from reaching my head. It kept moving downward, first consuming my hands and then my entire head.

Just then, the owner of the house who was an atheist and not part of the group, came in and saw what was happening. She totally freaked out. She lost it. She went into panic mode and started screaming. She told everyone to get out and, in an instant, everything vanished. That was the last contact we had.

I found out later that what I experienced as the cloud pushing my hands down and engulfing the top of my body, the others saw my spirit/astral/soul leave my body and enter the cloud.

Unfortunately, the school holidays came to an end several days later which meant we had to split up and go to different schools. Then, for a myriad of reasons, we found it hard to meet up again. Within a week or two the feeling of expanded consciousness and bliss had collapsed and we were soon one of the walking dead again.

I’m not sure how to describe a cloud to a blind person… perhaps its like a smell that you can somehow sense is there but can’t feel. Like a scent or an area of warm air, you can put your hand through it but it still remains in the same place. Its full of empty space and thus you’d expect it to be extremely light.

Thank you, that was very detailed, and reminds me of an incident that I was present at. It was in the early days of my association with the Pagan movement and I was staying over at the flat of a woman who ran a Wiccan group that I used to be a member of. There were quite a few of us there, and three of us were in sleeping bags on the living room floor, and another on the settee. Earlier in the evening, before going to bed, the whole group had performed a protection ritual for the flat because the high priestess believed we were under attack after the letter box kept opening and banging shut of its own accord. Shortly after going to bed, while we were still awake and chatting, it suddenly went quiet, and according to how the other people in the room described it afterwards, a huge black floating entity entered the room through the letter box, growing to enormous size and covering the whole ceiling. Instead of being scared by it, however, one of them threw her pillow at it, whereupon it broke up into lots of tiny versions of itself which then quickly dispersed.

As for myself, I could certainly sense some sort of powerful presence in the room, but whether this was because of the sudden change in atmosphere and the reactions of the others is difficult to say. In my own experience, when I’m out, alone, I don’t think I’ve ever encountered anything that seemed to have hostile intentions, and I’m not even sure that this particular one did, either. It’s very rare that I experience anything of an unusual nature indoors, though.

Cool. I think? :evilfun:

The only other esoteric thing I have visibly seen came from the same period. There was a big sister and little brother in the group; she was 19 and he was 15. Earlier these ‘entities’ (still not sure what they were) told us we had special talents and the little brother’s talent was ‘healing hands’. We didn’t really know what any of this meant or how it was useful so we just left it at that.

One evening we were sitting on the bean bags – as per usual – and drinking in the bliss and profound love we felt for each other. It was pretty common for the big sister to lie on her back with her head in her brother’s lap so he could massage her head. This evening, in the stillness I heard a whisper. “Look… look…” It was the little brother. We all looked at him. As he was massaging his sister’s head and drawing his hand back, we could literally see a beam of light coming from his hand and onto her head. He did it over and over again and the light/energy beam appeared each time. We burst out laughing and crying and hugging each other. So this is what ‘healing hands’ meant? We had just entered another stage and were over the moon.

It didn’t happen again after that evening. I don’t think anyone expected it to or cared that much, after all, it wasn’t a magic trick. It was just to show us that his healing power was real.

What does a light beam look like? I think you (Maia) may have perceived it as a heat beam. It would have been very interesting to find out what a blind person would have picked up if he/she ran her hands through the beam. If it was picked up as heat, I wonder how hot? Perhaps the heat would correlate to the intensity of the light? Maybe it was a different sort of light?

Have we ruled out the possibility of static electricity? A small electric field could have been generated by the friction of the head massage. Do you recall the barometric pressure and humidity level?

Also I’d like to take some samples of the bean bag fillings too if u happen to still have them.

No response. And there was I thinking about cameras and practical things like that. I won’t make that mistake again.

When I think of the word light, I basically think of energy. So in ths case, healing energy. Light is positive, dark is negative. I don’t have any actual light perception so don’t know what light and dark look like, though.

Na. You can tell what light from static electricity looks like; this was a steady, transparent light more like the ‘beam me up Scotty’ type light and about the width of his palm.

You might be onto something with the bean-bags though. I’ll have to check if I still have any in the basement. If I do, they’ll be with the fondue set, the lava lamp, the vinyl records or under a pile of tan safari suites and crocheted blankets. :icon-rolleyes:

Anyway, thanks for playing.

Yeah, light and heat are just different ways of perceiving energy so that makes sense.

I think it’s important to remember that darkness doesn’t exist in itself. Darkness is not a thing; it’s the absence of a thing. It’s the absence of light in the same way coldness is the absence of heat. After all, a refrigerator doesn’t add coldness to things. It only subtracts the heat from things and pumps the heat out the back. It’s the same with love and consciousness but that’s a thread on its own.

Anyway, back to the OP.

On the subject of coldness, I find it very conducive to mystical and/or psychic experiences (whatever we choose to call them). It produces a similar tingling of the skin, for example. It’s one of the reasons I only tend to go camping in winter.

OK. I’m not sure what you’re into but it might make you more sensitive whereas the heat might overwhelm your senses? Either way, it’s interesting to hear.

EDIT: Just thought: it could be the humidity having an effect on sensitivity or energies, too. Again, I don’'t know. I’m just thinking aloud.

Heat seems to drain my energy, especially in summer, when it can become quite oppressive.

I just edited my post at the same time you replied so you didn’t see it. Do you ever go back and reread past posts to see if something has been added? I’m curious. This is what I added to save you the time:

EDIT: Just thought: it could be the humidity having an effect on sensitivity or energies, too. Again, I don’'t know. I’m just thinking aloud.