Best song ever written

Are you being facetious with these particular recommendations(of Ah-ha and Phoenix)?

Those lyrics, vocals, and compositions seem way too commonplace to be in the OP’s category, although Ah-ha’s lead singer has an awesome upper vocal registry.

Coldplay’s lyrics and vocals in Fix You are calculated to tap in to an emotional reaction with the tender falsetto singing of honest to God life happenings everyone experiences such as unrequited love and failure.

The best songs are not only depressing when they speak about real life… they also have a sliver of hope.

I’ll do an honorary mention of this song…

This is one of those “lost everything” songs…

Hopeless.

The hope in this song is when the singer says, “is everything alright?” He still cares.

Just a spark of humanity for a completely devastating song:

Hearts - Marty Balin

youtu.be/dIF74lH4KPM

I am not. I don’t think that any song of the one posted so far in this thread is the best song ever written – not even the ones I posted – but I do like A-ha and Phoenix more than Coldplay.

Thing about your song Magnus (and I have very high standards)

To use light and darkness as metaphors is not enlightened.

It’s all about the seasons, it’s all about change.

Hopefully change for the better. And everyone’s is different in some way.

I always say this to people:

Don’t tell me what my perfect is and I won’t tell you what your perfect is; let’s sit a talk about it.

but i did though

So Wendy,

I love Coldplay … one of my main languages is music.

I’m going to nit pick your song…

I don’t fix people. I just try to make their hearts cry.

In a world like this… that’s fixing people. To do it with force, as the song implies, is the wrong method.

Trying to fix someone is an offer to attempt helping them. Where did you get force from? Help = force?

I think I heard that song before. Here.

It’s a decent song. (The original one, not the watered down verison.)

The one you posted is not watered down. The orginal is more “watery” is think.
Both tawdry efforts

What year was that?

Umm… fucking let me think. I lived in San Luis Obispo at the time and he lives in Arroyo Grande…

Fuck. Let me think. I’d say 8 years ago.

Anyways…

This is definitely one of the best songs ever (of course it came from the 70’s)

I wouldn’t be surprised if this is your favorite one in the thread…

youtu.be/bU-ifiGDNzY

_
Um… :-k

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lK4cX5xGiQ[/youtube]

Oh… let’s be honest Mag. You typed “best song ever” into google and this came up. It’s funny. I’d rather cry than laugh when it comes to beauty. Life as a whole is not very funny.

But as they said in your song, it’s all subjective.

Nope.

Peter, I missed your post. I have an encyclopedic knowledge of classical music. I don’t show it very often.

So… the most famous canon of all time is “row, row, row your boat (gently down the stream)”. I don’t even think you know what a canon is.

Peter, I’m a composer, composers have more knowledge than average people about music. It’s in their blood.

You can say the same thing about Gershwin’s “summertime”.

Here’s the deal though. When you’re dealing with songs without words, it’s like comparing apples to oranges.

Five minutes later…

What Peter is saying is just not true. I mean… even if you go to songs without words, Beethoven works better than Pachelbel’s Canon. I can easily name 3:

1.) Fur Elise
2.) 1st movement of the 5th symphony
3.) 1st movement of the ‘moonlight’ sonata

Actually for number 1 (fur Elise)I personally made it jazzy in one of my changes and I did the same for the first moonlight. I’ve made many different versions of these songs actually that can fit into any genre …

For example: I have a ‘headbanger’ version of the first moonlight

…missing the point entirely.

I know what the point is Mag. You fucking hate me.

Your song is not classical music. Sorry I didn’t think you didn’t already know the TD song. I do not respect your intelligence at all. You’re the confused one.

I’m writing to Peters submission. I already commented on your submission.

Your trolling me or confused or both