Best song ever written

I just want to say this Mag…

There are women WAY smarter than you. Sorry I’m a man who’s smarter than you.

Get over it.

Let’s do this Mag. You want to do this with me?

You’re quoted on these boards as saying I’d rather be evil than look stupid. (Paraphrase, but basically an exact quote).

Evil people are dumb as fuck.

You make no sense. In this thread you make no sense. You dragged my discussion with Peter into your grudge that I thought you didn’t know the TD song. It’s insane. And that’s why you’re not a moderator anymore. You’re smart, but you’re batshit crazy. It’s not cool Mag.

…missing the connection between my two posts entirely …or is he. :-k

Grudge… well that’s a reel harsh analysis of the situation. Lighten up, bro.

I’m hurting you status. I’m not a mind reader. Your shits insane.

Here’s the deal. Women say things to me all the time that I’d never figure out if they hadn’t said it to me.

I’m an amalgam of spirits while still being myself.

I don’t think you’ve ever said anything to me that made me respect your (how can I say this without insulting you?) life experience ? I don’t know.

But I do know this about you and I’ve said it to you before. You expect people to bow to you because you’re Mag, not because of your content.

Stepping stones, not swings and roundabouts… and no hurt felt, in the process of undertaking this exchange. Pre-empting how I’m going to feel, much.

I see…

This isn’t a self-help website… tho exchange-of-(useful)-ideas are appropriate on a philosophy site.

Nope.

I expect nothing of/from Others… un-met expectations only ever disappoint, so anything more than that is a pleasant surprise.

Mag,

Let’s be honest. You talk the talk and are trying to walk the walk.

Let’s be honest again, because it’s on record on these boards… I bug the shit out of you.

I think it’s becoming less with time, though in a thread like this, I wonder.

We’re all just trying to get through our days Mag.

It’s not fun to know existence is evil. We try our best if it never changes, and we try to change it.

One person’s projection, is not another’s reality… empathy needs a hook, and without a hook empathy cannot manifest. You are so wrong and zero right, on the above (yet more) assumptions.

We choose to entertain thoughts/ideas/exchanges how we see fit, and not how they were originally intended, ergo… what would etiquette and equanimity/balance dictate we do?

Mag,

Your ego always gets in the way, as do your projections. That’s one of the most beautiful messages in existence and it threatens your alpha status.

That is a very humble heartfelt message about existence that I just sent.

I’m sorry you feel this way. It’s sad to see people like you.

You cut off the good part.

Let me remind you Mag of what you cut off because your narcissism knows it’s more beautiful than any of us…

We’re all just trying to get through our days Mag.

It’s not fun to know existence is evil. We try our best if it never changes, and we try to change it.

Another thing Mag,

You never quote my salient points.

You are damaged. It’s obvious.

_
Manipulational much…

I posted that two NYEs ago, to calm y’all down yo!

Otherwise, silénce… from the peanut gallery.

Mag,

You’re the projector here. I fucking worked my ass off to prevent projection.

You’re still in the thick of it.

There’s a joke…

“You’re just projecting that I’m projecting”

So who’s projecting and who’s not?

Mag, I’m not the person you think I am. You still have very sour grapes when I point stuff out to you. I’m not the demonized being you have in your head.

I think you’re confused. I handle it reasonably well now because I’ve been confused as fuck.

Now Mag, I understand everyone on these boards is terrified to debate me on certain things, because they know it’s true but they don’t want to absorb it.

I understand that.

If you really want to get even with me, take my challenge in the debate forum with me and out debate me with the entire fucking board being the judge!!!

Do it!!

My position is this: All sex is psychopathy.

I fucking beat god in this debate mag, but try your best!!

Show me up.

Actually, mag, I’ll give you an advantage …

You can have all spirits in existence controlling your part of the debate.

I’ll still win.

Mag,

It was funny…

When I was debating god and the Buddha simultaneously btw!!!

They said: “but sex is life and life never ends”

And I showed them (because these debates are instantly telepathic)

I showed them an alien species that reproduces with their minds… and I said to them, “it still violates the negative zero sum problem”

That was the end of the debate.

Now, you’re not even remotely intelligent enough to have debates like this. I’m just telling you so that you know.

The reason people aren’t responding (the peanut gallery as you called it (which is insulting to others btw))

Is that they’re letting us have this discussion without choosing a side yet. Not because they disagree with either of us.

Understand existence Mag.

_
You are the peanut gallery.

You’ve made our exchange into something that it was never meant nor intended to be, your mind… in complete isolation to my mind.

Clueless.

Mag,

If I’m the peanut gallery, I already told you that’s an insult. Here’s the deal mag.

I have an extremely valuable spirit that ‘hell’ wanted.

It’s so valuable that the entire world was sent to hell (including me) to try to convert it.

It didn’t work.

You’re a bitch btw. You’ve never had substantive comments on ILP. You have no feelings, you have no sensitivity to others. I’m not going to be the one pulled down again, you are. Watch yourself and I’ll protect you.

…my initial light-hearted exchange, dragged down to the depths of His despair… I should have known better, for it is He who always colours me in, in a tawdry shade of ‘bitch’.

It is always the unmanipulatable female that is tagged with the label of that of bitch, but a label They do not wear well… for it is an ill-fitting descriptive shroud, by way of that of (a divisive) design.

Roasting the same old insubstantiability chestnut again.

Pulled down? that notion is a state of mind, not a (physical) given.

I thought I’d pop in to the thread to see what has been happening.
It’s amazing!!
This Forum is cracked. Take the most innocuous topic and two people are tearing each other apart for a disagreement between two rather tandry and unimaginive songs.
Jack Black is wholly reliant on humour and his status as an actor for the success of that song.
And what can we say about Rita? That is a pretty unremarkable ballad that could be discovered from any ordinarily talented teenager. Once again the only reason it made it to the charts is the power of the music industry. Songs like this are to be heard in small bars and venues all over the South. The difference is Rita got married to KKristofersen, and was noticed.
These are not the best songs, they are not the best songs in their class, or subgenre, they are not even the best songs sung by their respective singers.
So what the fuck are you arguing about? A tawdry C&W ballad and a comic rock song?
Is this how low the Forum can reach, or are their deeper depths?

It does not take an encyclopedic knoweldge of music to know that.
Any person with acursory understanding of music would most likely distinguish between a tune or melody and the song which for copyright purposes is a time WITH words. And, unless you are a bird, most people would chose the make that distinction.

Here’s something I like.
It’s a tune, not a song. It’s not “BEST”.
This written and performed by Steve Howe, giving two of his many off the cuff variations, many years apart, of a tune that he wrote for Yes to appear on the Yes Album(1971); The Clap.
youtube.com/watch?v=iNUedapF-bo
And this is what 45 years can do to a person
youtube.com/watch?v=qwGb7wuqUFs

But at 70 still a better guitarist than 90% of the guys making records.
Steve was a from a time when talent could thrive and there were stages willing to hold it. Not sure he’d have made it these days.