Best song ever written

Thanks for putting it in perspective Sculptor

I didn’t declare a liking for Tenacious D… I see that the humour in My posting the song is also lost on you. Do you not see any correlation between the song and the title of this thread, that then constitutes my choice of input here, as a humorous one?

That is not what the exchange is about, and it never was about that, for me. Do you not know how to follow a sequence of events, or have you just supposed that I made that argument because you don’t understand what the exchange actually is saying?

That is not what my argument is about, at all.

I will stick to my better-judgement from now on, and… like Obsrvr and Iambiguous, go back to not conversing with He, as it was He that was replying with ad-homs and on the attack.

Not all of my post was directed at your argument (whatever it was), but a reaction to 3 pages of spats and my own reflections on the two links that seem to preceed your spats.

So, tell me, what exactly what your argument all about?

Thanks.
Did you listen to “The Clap”?

Don’t worry about them Sculptor. They live in cognitive dissonance land. I’ll always reply to them though.

I did listen to that song…

It’s obviously bluegrass as a theme, there was one bar that was new age, passed in a second… then some light rock.

I was impressed.

It was interesting because first heard in the middle of a Progressive Rock Album. The rest of the Album is all full band, progressive, jazzy, transcendence. Despite Howe being at the heart of the Prog, this has become a sort of personal singature tune for him.

You do realize I was invited to yes… right?

I didn’t even know their music!!!

Jon Anderson chose me. I refused. Don’t regret it. I have an entire universe on my mind. Different job (hard as any other job), but suited for my talents.

I believe that you met him, and even talked to him for a minute… during which time he might have said jokingly something along those lines, but I stand by my conviction that, indeed, no formal invitation was ever extended to you by a one Jon Anderson.

I went to an Alan White seminar at a drum store when I was nineteen.

Here’s one from an eighties album nobody listens to but I think the whole thing jams.

youtu.be/kV1zb_nWwkI

youtu.be/IkU3dYj5KKY

Holy schindleria praematurus. I didn’t know these ‘studio run-through’ recordings even existed. This is gold. Go to that 8:05 major transition and listen from there… then listen to the version on the regular Relayer album from there, and compare. That studio run through is raw and cut down af dude.

I apologize if this kind of YES is unsettling for you but we don’t listen to owner of a lonely heart at my place, Ecman.

hey just stopping in to say to ecmandu that um…dude you are literally like clinically fucked up or something. your ego is off the charts and wayyyy out of whack with your actual level of intelligence. you talk like a crazy person who should be locked away somewhere. that is all.

If we took EC’s song and three other song recommendations along with Coldplay’s Fix You out and let folks on the street listen to all of them, then choose their favorite as Best Song ever written, Fix You would win hands down. That’s all I’m saying.

Yes was always pretty bad when it had anything to do with people called TREVOR.
Drama was a bit of a disappointment, but was more in line with Yes than the Rabin period.
Drama’s “success” such as it was, was due to the massive influence and control of Squire (RIP).

Relayer, Dark and beautiful.

Anderson propoably just wanted you to suck him off man. There was no way you were getting in Yes, as if that was in his gift.

8 years ago Jon Anderson was not even part of Yes.

I like Trevor but his style is much different than Howe’s, fundamentally altering the sound of YES when he entered the band. He’s a crisp, metal guitarist while Howe is unorthodox, progressive and fusionish.

Speaking of Squire here’s one from a solo album of his. Bruford on drums.

youtu.be/BcRrQIm936Q

That’s that signature fatness of Squire’s bass if you ever heard it.

See what I mean Trevor doesn’t have the clap like Steve has. Man if you put the Shulman brothers from gentle giant up there with Steve right now. Bro. Shit would get deep.

Maybe.
But the only way Yes is coming back is if Chris Squire is reincarnated.
No one ever told Chris that the Bass was part of the rhythm section.
youtube.com/watch?v=bYvFnkSo6ro

Rabin was a low point, the LOWEST for Yes.
“I eat at Chez Nous”??? Fuck the fuck off your fucking pseude. Pass my bucket!

I love that Album. Still have it on the original Vinyl.

I hate Rabin. I hate him and the way he plays guitar. He’s so middle of the road he should have been run-over long ago. Boring, boring, boring.

Lol I remember when ‘keys to ascension’ came out in 97 when my friends and I were already losing hope that YES would ever really jam again (like they used to) after the Union album.

It was Zonk (band mate) who found this part and literally called me up and played it over the phone he was so excited. I was 22, he was 24. Back then my whole clique worshipped YES dude.

Go to 10:50. youtu.be/dV2NfAgtOdM

There’s the balls we thought the band had lost, and you can’t imagine how relieved we were to hear this.