19. More And Less Tithing Among Regular Viewers
  20. Increase In Hybrid Services
  21. Social Media Valuable Tool During Pandemic
  22. Income Top Issue Facing Churches
  23. Church Unity A Problem During The Pandemic
  24. Many Churches Are Back To In-Person Gatherings
  25. Attendance Changes Vary By Church Size
    reachrightstudios.com/25-church … s-for-2021

If you strive towards that, aren’t you going to be frustrated, disappointed, guilty and depressed when you fall short?

Not necessarily.

I think that one “problem” with Christianity is that God and Jesus are portrayed as perfect. Then Christians are asked to use them as a standard to strive for. It’s effectively an impossible standard.

But maybe that’s just me.

Phyllo, you hit the nail on the head.

Existence is currently, massively imperfect. You can’t have a perfect being in an imperfect existence.

What’s interesting about this is that people mirror what they see. Those are the boring people. In an existence that is certainly all sin (consent violation), the non-boring people are the ones who go to rise above what they see and work to make existence perfect once and for all.

America is a very backwards country.
No wonder they elected PotasIQ45

In the UK it currenly runs at about 11%. Churches are now re-purposed as Art Galleries, Social Centres, Creches, and Trendy coffee bars. It is SO much nicer.

It’s no surprise that in states like Vermont, Maine, and New Hampshire where the smart people live church attendance is the lowest for the US.

What’s a non-practicing chef??
One that never cooks.

LOL
I think Non Christians are what you think are “non-practicing christians”.

Delusional

Christianity acknowledges that the standard is too high to be fulfilled by mere flesh and blood humans and asserts that it requires the power of God who both set the standard and fulfills it in and through people.

Yeah, I find that problematic as well.

The problem with the word perfect is that it implies being finished or nothing left to be done. Maybe it does not always imply a final end. Maybe the journey of striving is the destination.

MagsJ: I think it’s to do with a need of being a part of the Community and of Community spirit, which is once again easier to achieve… now that the illegal immigrants and fake refugees have left our towns and cities and country, due to the lack of being in-receipt of benefits."

K: I am sure this is exactly what Jesus was all about, denying “illegal immigrants
and fake refugees” due to the lack of “being in receipt of benefits”

never mind that at one point, Jesus was a refugee, he must have been a
“fake refugee” you know because that happens all the time and we must surely
follow the “Christian” path and deny and refuse anyone in need of charity…well,
because when Jesus said to “love they neighbors” he clearly didn’t mean
“illegal immigrants” or “fake refugees”… why love that scum?.. they are people
of color and who gives a shit about them… clearly not MagJ…and before you comment
how you are a person of color, you should remember that when talking about
“illegal immigrants” and “fake refugees”…and recall that your family is not originally
from the UK…as my family immigrated from Ireland and the UK…as everyone comes
from somewhere else…without being a “fake refugee”…

Kropotkin

That’s not surprising. The proposition is problematic from every standpoint except that of faith in God. Nevertheless, it defines salvation by grace according to Christianity.

Surely you can’t have faith in God unless you get it by the grace of God.

I read that twice and it still does not make sense.

God has made me such that my skepticism means I am an atheist.
He obviously did not intend for me a place in heaven, but made in me a candidate for hell.

Yeah, it’s a circle–a paradox.

More than circular or paradoxical … heaven, hell, reward, punishment, virtue, sin … don’t make any sense if God is doing everything.

Even Jesus coming to retrieve the “lost lambs” is nonsensical.

You’re standing outside a worldview in which those things do make sense. Although I don’t know your worldview, I suspect it might not “make sense” looked at from inside that worldview.

It’s not like just anything goes. There has to be some minimum amount of logical consistency.

Why?