Counseling Theory & Basic Listening Sequence

Just passing on some of the knowledge I gleaned from obtaining my Psychology/Philosophy B.A.:

ichthus77.com/2023/02/13/counse … -sequence/

I would invite you to allow me to build my skills for free here, but we all know you’d just intentionally make it super ridiculous. Which could be fun, but I’d have to take it 100% seriously. Which would be fun for you, considering I would have to be the straight man & without ever so much as winking out of character. That would mess with my real goals of being here in a “I can’t emotionally multitask” sort of way. I am neither licensed, nor professional. Just sharing what feels important.

I’ll still polish it up, time permitting, but wanted to organize it and condense it for easier recall.

Feedback welcome.

Inspired by Descartes’ version of the scientific method that does not jettison philosophy, I turned the Basic Listening Sequence document (& 5 Stages of a Discussion Sesh) into:

7 Steps to Test a Working Philosophy that tempers our thoughts, feelings, and behaviors into what meaningfully works for us in relation with others:

The following steps are fleshed out in the document linked in the OP.

Step 1: Identify the Question or Issue for Exploration - establish empathetic structure

Step 2: Gather Current Findings, Anecdotal and Peer-Reviewed
Wellness Assessment, Genograms, R.E.S.P.E.C.T.F.U.L. Model, Journal

Step 3: First Working Hypothesis/Prediction - story and strengths

Step 4: Plan the Experiment - restory and goals

Step 5: Test the Final Hypothesis/Prediction: First Flight!

Step 6: Analyze and Interpret the Results: After Action Review

Step 7: Working Answer/Theory: Name It & Share