darwinism does not explain

God was a theory as well.
The question is which church do you represent?

“God” is a very generic term. Please specify.

there is something going on with evolution that we don’t understand…random mutation does not do it…

Would you care to be more specific? What exactly “we” don’t understand?

Attributing supernatural explanations to describe phenomena.
In this case random mutations and natural selection.

It becomes most apparent and confusing when humans attempt to talk about their own evolution.
A bit like when you question Christians about Jesus.

i am reading the lynn margulis book “acquiring genomes” …she presents a theory of the origin of species…
what do you think about symbiogenesis…you seem to be using a diagram supporting that…
you seem to know about these things but you aren’t very polite…

Except you can go into a lab and create models to put derivatives of scientific theories to test and reproduction, and then use them to do things like cure diseases and expand crop yields, whereas praying to a supernatural entity accomplishes none of these things.

If you deny evolution, you may as well deny modern biology and all that comes from it.

cut the shit…i started this thread to discuss the scientific theories of evolution not the religious theories…
frankly i am bored about people arguing about nothing productive…

You didn’t answer his question. What is going on with evolution that we don’t understand?

There is strong evidence for it, even in ourselves. For example, the fact that our mitochondrial organelles have their own DNA independent from the rest of the cell.

You haven’t answered my question. What don’t we understand?

don’t you guys get it…i sense that we still do not know some very important things about life…there is something missing…i cant describe it…
i was hoping that you guys would get off your high horse and teach me about what is going on at the cutting edge of evolution research…
is there any possibility of reverse translation…

You’re not answering the question. What don’t you understand? It’s like you don’t even know what question you’re trying to ask, but you want answers anyway.

what don’t you understand about evolution…is there any thing you don’t understand or is everything down pat…you are not listening to me…i am asking you the question…i am saying you know more than me…also i asked you about reverse translation…are you some kind of special professor

You said there is something going on with evolution that we don’t understand. I’m curious what you meant by that. If you have no answer, that’s fine. Calm down.

what can you tell me about reverse translation…and stop trying to be superior…you are not

I think it’s obvious that we were genetically engineered. Not even punctuated equilibrium can explain us in evolutionary terms. Though we do have runaway sexual selection, so whoever did it screwed up.

ec-----the discussion is about science not religion…

Many scientists are starting to believe this after looking at our DNA. But whatever. Ok. I’ll drop it.

you need to drop it if you want a good scientific discussion…
what is it that you do not understand about evolution…

Humans evolved much faster than natural selection allows for. even taking punctuated equilibrium into account. We were probably genetically engineered by ET’s that evolved naturally. That’s what the evidence seems to support. And that’s not religion BTW.