Determinism

I think he already killed his own grandmother.

We wont hold our breath

Whilst you are there, can be place a bet for me??

You folks are looking at 4th dimensional time.

There are infinite dimensions.

I’m not lying to you on this.

A soul has the capacity to remember all its old memories even if it changes the timeline.

You folks are dinosaurs. That’s meant as an ad hom.

Cuckoo, Cuckoo, Cuckoo.

If you can travel in time then place me a bet, or buy me a lottery ticket. Otherwise keep your craziness to yourself.

To a 5th dimensional being… all of space and time are just objects, like a fucking pear. Watch men in black 3 to see what 5th dimensional beings are like.

Think about this…

There are infinite dimensions.

I’m not a cuck and I’m not crazy.

Compelled by the laws of matter or not, we are still stuck here: youtu.be/qYe8cGy9TeI

Now, I’m either agreeing with ecmandu above because…

1] my brain, wholly in sync with the laws of matter in ways no one is really able to understand [scientifically, philosophically or otherwise], never “permitted” me to not agree with him, or…

2] in ways no one is really able to understand, mindless/lifeless matter somehow configured into mindful/living matter that, through the biological evolution of life on Earth, has culminated into, well, us. Matter that is not only self-conscious but is able to somehow freely opt to either agree or disagree with the self-conscious conclusions of others.

3] whatever it is that you “think”, think or “think” instead.

Sculptor, don’t forget about me here. You’re up:

Iambiguous: Compelled by the laws of matter or not, we are still stuck here: youtu.be/qYe8cGy9TeI

Now, I’m either agreeing with ecmandu above because…

1] my brain, wholly in sync with the laws of matter in ways no one is really able to understand [scientifically, philosophically or otherwise], never “permitted” me to not agree with him, or…

Peacegirl: No one is blaming you for your inability to understand, but that doesn’t negate the law of greater satisfaction — which is the reason will is not free. Furthermore, your lack of understanding does not negate the fact that nothing has the power to make you do what you make up your mind not to do. You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make him drink.

Iambiguous: 2] in ways no one is really able to understand, mindless/lifeless matter somehow configured into mindful/living matter that, through the biological evolution of life on Earth, has culminated into, well, us. Matter that is not only self-conscious but is able to somehow freely opt to either agree or disagree with the self-conscious conclusions of others.

Peacegirl: We are not able to “freely” opt. Free in this sense only means that there is no obvious compulsion or physical constraint that would limit our choice. But how can any choice be free when it is impossible to make any other choice than the choice made?

Look, given the real deal free will world as I understand it here and now, you can’t even acknowledge that you are no less like all the rest of us in not being privy to how lifeless/mindless matter was able to configure into the human species here on planet Earth. Let alone how it all ties in with good and evil.

Our exchange is now completely bizarre to me. My own point, given a determined universe as “I” understand it here and now, would be encompassed in the question “[b]ut how can any choice be free when it is impossible to make any other choice than the choice made”?

But: any “satisfaction” I feel in asking it is no less subsumed in the only possible reality.

While admitting flat out that even given free will as I understand it, this can only truly be a really, really wild ass guess on my part given the gap I discuss above.

Peacegirl: There is no gap that needs to be filled in regard to the two undeniable principles that were put forth.

Part 1 of the answer is evolution
Part 2 “good and evil” are simply supervening qualities that energe from human praxis. Good is a conept to decribe what pleases; and evil that which pleases not. The are realtive and subjective to each. What pleases one may not please another.

Actions are determined. They are free is not compelled by external pressures, but expressed by determined choices.

Why the “but”? Is there a problem here?

Eh?

I’m sorry, but, given free will as I understand it, how can I have any respect for a mind that is able to so profoundly delude itself in regard to the staggering mystery that must be embedded in the existence of minds themselves? Principles becoming “undeniable” because, in my view, she needs them to be in order to have the author able to provide her with a foundation she can anchor herself to.

Just one more in a long line of TOE here.

Speculating about the existence of existence itself as though that could never be anything other than a strawman!!

Note to nature:

You explain it to me.

Before we get to this…

…let’s first deal with the points I raised above on this post:

I believe you need to believe that we must understand the mystery of life and how it evolved (which we may never know) in order to prove these two undeniable principles. This is like saying we must understand the origins of life to know that 2+2=4. It doesn’t jive. This is YOUR anchor in order that you can always sidestep the argument by saying it can’t be proven UNLESS something that is unfalsifiable CAN be. It’s ludicrous!

The fact that it could never be anything other than a strawman (in this post) does not mean your logic is not flawed. You have never refuted the actual argument properly.

Wikipedia: A strawman is a form of argument and an informal fallacy of having the impression of refuting an argument, whereas the proper idea of argument under discussion was not addressed or properly refuted. One who engages in this fallacy is said to be “attacking a strawman.”

It may be pleasing to kill someone but not pleasing to the person being killed. Evil therefore is doing to others what they don’t want done to themselves. It is evil (by definition) to shoot someone who doesn’t want to be shot. Good and evil are relative terms.

[i]Chapter One:

Dog food is good to a starving man when the
other alternatives are horse manure or death, just as the prices on a
menu may cause him to prefer eating something he likes less because
the other alternative of paying too high a price for what he likes more
is still considered worse under his particular circumstances.[/i]

Once again, you are positing a strawman by your preconceived idea that we can’t discover anything, if we don’t know everything about the origins of life and evolution. This is categorically false! =;

[/quote]
I dealt with this points completely and comprehensively.
What are you resisting the obvious?

Clicking over to free will…

Right, like the author’s understanding of free will is 2, and his understanding of evil is 2, and the book that he wrote is 4. Yes, if, in a free will world here on planet Earth, you need to believe that in order to convince yourself that his TOE really is the one and the only Right One – out of hundreds and hundreds down through the ages – by all means cling to that all the way to the grave.

Really, do you have any idea how many objectivists of your ilk I have encountered over the years? All of them insisting that only their own intellectual contraptions explain both the ontological and the teleological nature of both the human condition and reality itself.

Just ask them yourself. We’ve still got quite a few of them here at ILP.

What on earth is that supposed to mean? The author’s logic is almost entirely circular. He and only he gets to define the meaning of the words in the argument. And he and only he gets to insist that this internal logic somehow doesn’t need to concern itself with the very existence of conscious matter itself. It just “happened” somehow. There is nothing at all that I have discerned from your excerpts that comes even close to him explaining free will and evil as others are able to explain how a lightbulb functions.

Maybe it was God, maybe it was something out there in the universe that our minds are not even capable of grasping at all!!

Note to others:

Allow me to translate that from authorspeak: “the only ‘proper ideas under discussion’ here all revolve around the conclusions that I come to. My own conclusions can never be refuted…properly or otherwise. Logically then if you try to suggest situations or contexts not in sync with that then you are creating a strawman to attack instead.”

Note to nature:

Don’t say I didn’t try.

If what I am discussing doesn’t address the points being discussed, and I go off on unrelated tangents that don’t address these points, then I would be just as guilty of creating a strawman. But that’s not what I’m doing. You’re using the term incorrectly.

People will have to read for themselves because you sure haven’t therefore you’re opinion really holds no weight. I have no problem listening to a refutation but that in itself does not negate this discovery. There will be many questions, and they will be answered. The bottom line is that this knowledge can be tested and the proof will be that it works empirically, in the real world.

If anyone wants to read the first three chapters, here it is. declineandfallofallevil.com/ … APTERS.pdf