easy ideas, hard ideas

Dan…

Let’s get this discussion rolling please…

( knowing that Dan is the primary intended object to carry this on, I take up the gauntlet for some reasons.)

Let’s!

In my mind the hardest nut to crack within the realm of ideas OS the associated prejudice guilt up of eons of identity politics.

Im advocating the necessity of short cuts, retro remnaissace of philosophical antology.

For starters, let’s look at the underlying hate formed out of individuation’s many mansions, where the slower integral attempts go through myraid levels of association/disassociation.

The permutations e assumption attempting to overcome the various guesses of how and where the bubbles of voluntary and involuntary backward switches may be found, causes the modern and very popular notion of possible formation of short cutted/gutted emotional baggage.

Most of these form into thoughtless attempts of gravitron type sinking feelings , but some woll simply adopt the vogue between the hard and the softer resolute formative unsureness that increasingly try tk verify ‘reality’, as we know it.

easy ideas, hard ideas, totally unintelligible ideas :laughing:

"PHILOSOPHY

Intelligable-

able to be understood only by the intellect, not by the senses."

Dictionary of Philosophy

Sorry Biggy, sugned,

Shemp

easy ideas, hard ideas, totally unintelligible ideas, pathetic attempts at being “clever” ideas.

Thanks. You keep me young. :sunglasses:

Although i mentioned you as an example of a nihilist,
i was more intending to talk about all nihilists, and nihilism alone as itself.
Maybe I should not have mentioned you.

My philosophy has to do with reviewing and supporting the sometimes obvious forces that make life good.

Nihilism is not about good, or the good life.
It’s crap.
And you don’t need a “context” to know that.

Iambigious says:

“easy ideas, hard ideas, totally unintelligible ideas, pathetic attempts at being “clever” ideas.”

Thanks. You keep me young "

Yes unintelligible ideas are a clever way to try to ease up deficits in common sense.

Poor Wittgenstein’s meant well to try to be clever, but after all, truly tried to keep thought meaningful in context. And after all is not a well intended effort to transcend bars to easier solutions akin to the exact objective to understand weather hard and easy can make sense to all concerned?

Such efforts cut short many unending gaps by diminutive meaning reductions which turn out to counter-effect such a process?

That may create an illusion like a fountain of youth, but leave cosmetics to apologetical inferences , to well meaning thinkers.

Besides, how long can those affects last? Certainly not to the point when those babies reach common sense with it’s indelible nausea of existentially reactionary thoughts.

PS I may yet not be down yet, but certainly not out?

You noted that…

“Nihilism has more than one flavor,
but it is an easy, useless idea.”

Okay, let’s focus in on my flavor. Given the sort of things that Satyr and his clique/claque discuss at KY – race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, Jews, natural vs. memetic behaviors etc. – let’s explore in more depth why you believe it is a easy, usless idea. Why it’s a weak idea…flabby and short-sided. Or in in regard to another flavor instead.

Compared and contrasted with a few of your own “wild ideas” relating to those subjects. Or to a particular context in which value judgments come into conflict.

Something, anything that is not encompassed in the general description intellectual contraptions that Satyr sustains in post after post after post there.

Oh, and a favor please. Since here at ILP, Carleas and you haven’t set things up so that others can pummel me with any number of accusations and criticisms while not allowing me to either post myself or to respond to the posts of others, I’d appreciate it if you would suggest to Satyr that he not “rig” the “discussions” there.

Alan Sokal to Meno:

Amateur!

[size=50][he imagined][/size]

Why? I already said why.
Nihilism is the death of meaning.
Meaning is the father of thought and action.
It’s easy to die unless you have survival instinct.
Do nothing and soon you’ll be dead.
Most nihilists are only partially nihilistic.
They aren’t suicidal.
But they are in many ways meaningless.

About what I expected: easy ideas, hard ideas…grappled with in general description intellectually constructed ideas.

Well, anyway, if you are ever willing to bring this down to exchanges pertaining to particular contexts involving race and gender and sexual orientation and genes and memes and all the other stuff that passes for nihilism over at KT – or in your head – we can perhaps sustain a very different discussion indeed.

And no one who doesn’t think exactly like we do will be banned from contributing. At least I hope that’s the case.

Iambigious says:

"Well, anyway, if you are ever willing to bring this down to exchanges pertaining to particular contexts involving race and gender and sexual orientation and genes and memes and all the other stuff that passes for nihilism over at KT – or in your head – we can perhaps sustain a very different discussion indeed.

And no one who doesn’t think exactly like we do will be banned from contributing. At least I hope that’s the case."

Here is the latest contribution to Dan’s thread over at KT:

What on earth do you make of this? I mean in regard to nihilism and “the truth”…in regard further to easy ideas and hard ideas. How would you relate this to experiences in your own life? Again, in particular, experiences relating to the things that you will that come into conflict with the things that others will.

Power over yourself here in what sense…given what set of circumstances?

As for hope being “the ideological projected placement of power into nothing, i.e will to nothingness”, please cite some examples of this from your own interactions with others.

As for removing the “burden of responsibility” in regard to conflicting wills, one shortcut is to become a moral and political objectivist. No more agonizing over what one’s responsibility must be. It’s simple: to think and to feel and to say and to do the same things that Satyr would. Let moral nihilists wrestle with the burden of ambiguity, ambivalence and uncertainty in a far more problematic world.

Note to Kvasir:

Come on board here. The discussions aren’t rigged at ILP so I can reasonably assure you that those you don’t share your own opinions won’t encounter this:

[b]Permissions in this forum: