Email/Password Reset

Apologies to for the delay on email, especially to those who are trying to reset their email. I’m aware of the problem and working on it.

Frustratingly I can see that password reset emails are being requested and aren’t going through. I’ll try to keep them queued to send when everythings working again.

OK, this should be fixed, I sent out password reset emails to a few users that I saw trying to get in, but if you’re in touch with anyone else who was locked out please let them know.

Thanks for bearing with me; maybe by my 20th anniversary as admin I’ll have this hole running-a-website thing down.

Also if anyone is having trouble logging in here, you can still log in and PM me through old.iloveophilosophy.com, I’ll check that at least daily while it’s up. I can change your email address if you send it to me through your account there.

1 Like

Thank you for facilitating password reset, Carleas. I’m back on the ILP for the first time in years. I see the site’s look has changed significantly. So have I on the transactional level. Thanks also to Bob who intervened with you on my behalf.

3 Likes

Freedom! 20characters20characters

1 Like

Welcome back, Felix, and apologies for the exclusion, however temporary.

I’m trying to restore some dignity to ILP, and if all the changes get us is your first post in two years they will have been worth it.

2 Likes

The “old” link no longer works. Perhaps Biggy is still with us under a different username than iambiguous, though. But… just in case… he should just email you at carleas@ilovephilosophy.com

No, Carleas@ilovephilosophy.com isn’t working yet. I fixed this, so I will get emails sent to carleas@ilovephilosophy.com

old.ilovephilosophy.com still works, I can be PMed there, there, and the password reset link works for either username or email.

I hope to have inbound email working soon, but I’m proceeding cautiously because I don’t want to break password resets, they are getting a lot of use right now.

1 Like

I read this thanks. Tried to get in with different passcodes and since I tried so many of them I forgot which one was which

Thank you your message here was informative

1 Like

email doesn’t work

Oops, looks like that email address broke when I fixed reply-by-email.

support@ilovephilosophy.com works.

1 Like

Confirmation of test success received.

And Carleas,

Grateful for the brake, and even if there is life after the enigma, there may come a time which imitates no breaks.

Hope that time never comes, because contrary to most opinions, it’s after noon, on the atomic clock!