Evolutionary psychology

Calm down, stop talking about me, and start talking about evolution: why is variance in inherited traits important? And where do DNA mutations fit into that?

If DNA mutations during transcription are secondary, maybe they are unimportant. If they are the central driver for evolution, then waving them off seems insane.

If they are random, maybe evolution is random. Are they random? Do you agree that establishing whether they are or not is important? If they are, are they the only thing reflecting evolutionary change?

Good lord, you really must be a troll or an utter idiot.

I said, “not VISIBLE light radiation,” but radiation in OTHER SPECTRUMS. That is exactly what Sculptor was talking about. What is wrong with you?

I am not angry. I am exasperated. Again, are you not able to ever admit error or hold a civil conversation?

You claimed everyone “jumps over” the causes of mutations. I have demonstrated that this claim is false. In fact, this is elementary-school stuff. Did you go to school?

Look, Sculptor or Silhouette or whatever he calls himself these days, didn’t even know that RNA was not an originally separate molecule from DNA in human cells until I told him.

You say DNA mutations during transcription is elementary school stuff. Why can you not then actually talk about them?

I can assure you, it is most definitely not elementary school stuff.

Variance in inherited traits is important because these variants may be detrimental or advantageous to survival. Would you care to address my nylon-eating bacterial example? It’s a perfect illustration of the point.

Variants are the stuff of evolution. You are a variant of your mother and father. You are not a clone of either. Do you get this?

Then you are not deriving Darwinian selection from information about variations in inherited traits, but looking for ways to fit variations in inherited traits into Darwinian selection.

But I HAVE talked about them.

You jumped over them.

I’ve no idea what this means. Variations occur. It turns out that some variations have a survival advantage and others don’t. The advantage is determined by the environment that the traits occur in. See: Nylon-eating bacteria.

That’s because you are angry. Maybe if you calm down you can understand it.

:laughing:

OK, troll it is.

If you want to have an actual discussion, stop trolling.

:laughing:

There is nothing to understand. You are uneducated.

Staggering brilliance.

You can do it.

Troll, troll, troll your boat.

The fact that this place is no longer moderated, if it ever was, is why you get people who post like this guy. Is this really what the owners of the place want?

You call me uneducated and I’m the troll?

I’m out here talking about evolution.

You’re out here kicking and screaming.

It’s all “civil conversation” until someone says something you didn’t agree with beforehand.

I believe in you.

Darwinian selection acts on variability in inherited traits. See my example of nylon-eating bacteria. It’s a classic case study in natural selection. I notice that you have ignored it.