My son worked with Gemini to produce this beautiful demonstration of the glaring double standard:
If you don’t know what I mean by double standard, notice that existential import (soundness) is only required when an argument is deemed conditionally valid. And that is IF it even makes it past the people who consider it an existential fallacy (INVALID, not just PRESUMED unsound, which is STILL incorrect) rather than conditionally valid.
The funniest thing about this for me is that the distribution rules already acknowledge that it is existentially distributed across the entire set/category, or it is not fit to be in a logical argument.
The way I did column L (their column P) is a little bit different from how Gemini and my son did it, but I’m glad they did it that way because I was telling Copilot to leave column F blank for the person composing the argument to fill out as a sound check. That is still correct, but the way Gemini and my son did it is what truly shows the double standard.