exploring the "fractured and fragmented" self

Sorry for duplicate

The Stooge being, uh, clever? :sunglasses:

Note to nature:

I dare you to explain that. Implicated or otherwise.

We’ll need an actual context, of course.

Note to nature:

Please, one Meno is enough on this thread.

Seriously though, is this guy willing – able – to discuss the manner in which I do construe the fractured and fragmented self given a particular set of circumstances.

Philosophically, for example.

Given, say, the manner in which I explore it myself on this thread: ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop … 1&t=194382

Or is he/she just one more Stooge in the making? :wink:

I’m not exactly sure what this means.

I’m sure you mean it to mean something.

But I’m not sure what it means.

And you never went to Vietnam.

I have a $1000 right now that is yours if you can furnish any proof that you ever set foot in Vietnam.

You old quack.

Okay, here is the OP of the thread I noted above:

Here the focus is on my “fragmented and fractured” sense of self in regard to the abortion wars. But it could pertain to any other set of “conflicting goods” that have rent the species down through the ages.

How about you? Are you or are you not “drawn and quartered” in regard to your own moral and political value judgments?

Again…

You’re too good to claim $1000? What are you rich or some shit?

Note to others:

Great, another fucking Stooge! I give these guys a chance to note why on Earth they are here at a forum called I LOVE PHILOSOPHY. And this is what I get?!!

As for proof that I was in Vietnam, I’ll note the information listed on section 24 of my DD214:

BRONZE STAR MEDAL, ARMY CONMENDATION MEDAL [w/V dev], NATIONAL DEFENSE SERVICE MEDAL, VIETNAM CAMPAIGN MEDAL [W/60 dev], VIETNAM SERVICE MEDAL, OVERSEAS BARS [TWO], EXPERT BADGE M-14, EXPERT BADGE M-16

So Mr. Smartass, is there going to be actual exchange between us regarding your own “sense of identity” or not. You know, this being a philosophy forum.

I am, after all, running out of names to call my Stooges.

Oh, and how close have you ever come to actual armed combat?

Biggs was once an outstanding soldier, but his ideas and methods became unsound.

Actually, I was a rather shitty soldier. Just ask Sergeant White who sent me to “rocket city” Song Be. Or Colonel Hayden who received the Silver Star after our MACV had been destroyed. And this son of a bitch wasn’t even there! Or at least that was the general consensus.

And of course this part: youtu.be/VKcAYMb5uk4

Life, like war, makes shitty soldiers of us all, iambiguous.

That wer’e all are fractured since the days when men could assure themselves of the rational progression of their abstracted lives.

Since then. Science has unearthed the greatest uncertainty that he ever faced; because if God did not exist, He had to be created to fill that hole.

Yea, mine says the same thing too.

Asshole.

Hey dude, it’s a free $1000. What’s the problem?

Not everyone. The ones who are “fractured and fragmented” expect, want, need, everything to be black and white.

They also imagine a black and white god.

And how do you feel about killing people trying to defend their country against a foreign invader?

Have you ever been back?

And do you accept that the US lost that war?

“And how do you feel about killing people trying to defend their country against a foreign invader?”

Oh oh I know! Fractured and fragmented?

K: Prom, have you killed before?
I for one hope, pray in fact that killing another human being does cause
one to be “fractured and fragmented”…if not, then that person is a
true “psychopath”… killing another human being should be hard and gut
wrenching and bring about questions of good and evil…

I am a good person, and yet, I killed… so am I good or am I bad/evil?

if killing is wrong, as suggested in the bible, Thou shall not kill…
and we have laws forbidding the act of killing/murder…
so how would I be able to justify this act of killing/murder?

if that doesn’t cause one to become “fractured and fragmented” what will?

personally, I haven’ killed and I hope to the end of my days, I never have to kill…
because what does it say about me that I have killed?
nothing good I am sure…

Kropotkin