Global matters..

Lol… probably so.

I guess there’s no point in talking about it… no-one in the Party is, for it is what it is.

What exactly is, what it is?

It is the latest film in the Carry On series?

Carrie On the Johnson’s, Johnson. :astonished:

It’s the end of June, new scandal soon.

Pincher, punch, the first of the month!

Have you been to the Carlton, lately? :laughing:

It is what it is?

It is a national embarrassment!

Global matters?

It is a Global embarrassment.

No one in the Party is talking about it!

It is how to perfect the art of turning an embarrassed blind eye!

It is fortunate that you have Kier Starmer leading the main opposition ‘Party’.

It is time to change the system of selection!

It is what it is!

It is you wishing you hadn’t asked, MagsJ. :slight_smile:

If you cannot ascertain the premise… I am in no position to correct.

It is you assuming far too much, whilst thinking far too little. #notevenclose #wishfulthinking #childmind

You really are clueless, aren’t you!? when it comes to the Other…

I don’t know much about British politics, honestly, I have bigger problems on my mind.

One thing you need to learn about Mag, is that if you call her a female, she’ll rage at you, even if she agrees with you, because she never likes being told by another who she is.

This disorder is so severe in her that she rages even if I abbreviate her name.

Reported as (waaaay) off-topic!

You’re right, MagsJ! I have the mind of a child; I do everything in my power to maintain it as such. It’s a useful coping mechanism.

Otherwise? Again, you are perfectly correct. I am also far more clueless than you could possibly imagine.

Don’t get me wrong. Not everything about the Cons Party is corrupt. I fully support their levelling up policy. :laughing:

As an example, I believe every child should have access to a 150 thousand pound tree house.

As you suggest, I think far too little. But if I was to think about it, I do believe that I could have a real go at defending the indefensible.

Or, call someone lots of different names? Lest we forget, I have a child mind! :-k

Boris Johnson! :teasing-blah: :teasing-blah: :teasing-blah:

Ner ner ner ner ner!

:banana-jumprope: :banana-jumprope: :banana-jumprope:

Miss! Miss! Did you see what Ecmandu did, Miss? Tell him off, Miss!

MagsJ, everything that is said and done is a Global matter!

How could he possibly be off topic?

Aren’t you an old man with grandchildren?

What’s that got to do with the price of fish?

Nothin

Nothin? Is that all you got? Goodness me, that was a quick fold.

I am not averse to your -or anyones- political views, but I am averse to your projection of how you think I think and feel, after having read your post. I am not a political ideologue, and I certainly don’t wish I didn’t ask, so again… If you cannot ascertain the premise, I am in no position to correct… as Boris’ ‘vote of no confidence’ result, is what it is.

What were you expecting me to say/to do… get all emotional? That seems about right… judging from your reply.

_
Talitha Kum, combatting human trafficking in nearly 100 nations

In its 2021 Report, the international Talitha Kum network documents an increase in human trafficking victims, but evidences the religious sisters’ network’s always greater and more global effort to concretely fight, prevent and bring awareness to the scourge.

[size=85]By D. C. L.[/size]

Despite the increase in human trafficking during the Covid-19 pandemic, Talitha Kum has boosted its activities to combat the scourge in the nearly 100 countries in which it operates.

This was evidenced in Talitha Kum’s 2021 Report, published on Tuesday, summarizing the activities of the past year and outlining the commitments for the years to come.

Talitha Kum is a Rome-based international network of religious sisters dedicated to combatting and eradicating human trafficking. It was founded at the International Union of Superiors General (UISG).

Human Trafficking produces 150 billion dollars annually

There are tens of thousands of victims of human trafficking each year, 72% of whom are women.

According to statistics, human trafficking produces annual total revenue of 150 billion dollars.

The Report—now available in English and soon to be made available in Italian, Spanish and French—offers a summary of the activities of the past year and an outline of the commitments for the years to come.

The Report

The Report was produced by Talitha Kum with the contribution of the Global Solidarity Fund.

The research was made possible in collaboration with the Faculty of Social Sciences at the Pontifical Gregorian University, with the coordination of Professor Peter Lah and Sister Mayra Cuellar.

The collection and analysis of the data for the Talitha Kum Report involved all the regional and local networks.

Talitha Kum in nearly 100 countries

In 2021, the report shows, Talitha Kum saw a numerical and qualitative increase in its activities, despite the Covid-19 pandemic posing greater challenges to the network’s preventative activities.

Talitha Kum is present in 92 countries with 55 national networks, an increase of five more than last year, and 6,039 people actively involved in antitrafficking in all continents.

It has reached 336,958 people globally.

Of these, 258,549 benefitted from prevention activities, while 19,993 are victims and survivors being supported and 58,416 are involved in networking, formation and capacity building.

Increased violence against women

Comboni Sister Gabriella Bottani, coordinator of Talitha Kum International, noted that in the past year, the network has seen great pain caused by violence, conflict and war.

“Violence against women has increased, as has been noted by all networks, especially in Latin America.”

The recent increase in those suffering from hunger, she also said, caused large movements of human beings.

“Trafficking," she warned, "is profoundly connected with these movements. “

During the year, Talitha Kum networks recorded a dramatic increase in the injustices suffered by migrating populations, who, she said, "are ever more vulnerable to sexual and labour exploitation, as well as to forced marriages and begging.”

‘Tireless and prophetic efforts’

Sister Nadia Coppa, president of the UISG, thanked the members of the Talitha Kum Coordination Committee, for “the tireless and prophetic efforts” in fighting human trafficking, exploitation and in eliminating all forms of slavery.

“The commitment of Talitha Kum has grown throughout the years, achieving important results that fill our hearts with hope and of faith in the future, even though the road is long and there are many steps that still need taking,” she said.

The Report highlighted various 2021 initiatives, including the launch of the first Call to Action, the “Young Ambassadors of Talitha Kum” initiative, and the International Day of Prayer and Awareness against Human Trafficking.

I don’t know, but when I look at the right in imperial politics, they are constantly bending over backwards to understand the left, appease them, see where they are coming from, find points they can agree on, look at their own side with a magnififying glass, find faults and problems, crriticize and even undermine, study accusations from the left and consider them, of which Mags here is an example.

When I look at the left, I see even old men with grandchildren willing to launch into obscene rants at the drop of a nickle.

Which is why I hold to the principle that one does not negociate with terrorists.

Like giving a child what they want because they throw a tantrum.

If the left can be calm enough to articulate their points and express their position with coherence and reason, a discussion can be had.

Of course, the problem the left would then have is that they would lose every single discussion.

“Fold!” It was a childish joke! Wasn’t even subtle, and yet it went right over your head, paper man.

Was it an obscene rant? My apologies, MagsJ. It was meant to be a humorous rant! “At the drop of a nickle?” You would do well to keep in mind, we have suffered Johnson’s despicable conduct as leader for almost three years. Hardly a day passes when he isn’t caught out in a lie!

“The drop of a nickle”!!! Where were you in 2016? That was when this nation voted to leave the EU. Those who voted to leave were persuaded to do so by ‘messers’ Johnson and Gove and one or two others. These folks appeared on our TV screens on a daily basis. Each time they opened their mouths, they misled the public. BREXIT has proved to be an absolute disaster for this nation.

The chief architect of the UK’s catastrophic six year downward spiral is one Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson! I am sick of people pretending otherwise! I would ask you to overlook the occasional rant.

PS: That’s not the correct spelling of ‘criticize’. :slight_smile:

I don’t play cards with obscene old men.

Well I do, but not in this case.

I wouldn’t normally explain a joke three times, but I will in this case:

Origami is the art of paper folding, which is often associated with Japanese culture. In modern usage, the word “origami” is used as an inclusive term for all folding practices, regardless of their culture of origin. The goal is to transform a flat square sheet of paper into a finished sculpture through folding and sculpting techniques.

Forgive me if I offended. You described me as obscene. How would you describe Mister Johnson? Are you a supporter?