Gnosticism.

Yeah but, again, if you give that “king” absolute power, then he has absolute power.

He does what he wants.

Whether he acts for “the good of the people” or not, is no longer your business. He does not need your go-ahead or to consult with you.

Do you see the flaw in your scheme here?

Not really, thousands of years filled with whole historical scores of benevolent kings killing and replacing corrupt immoral ones.

A king is only as good as the popular support behind them and the general happiness of the citizenry.

Well that’s what the communists say they are.

And every tyrant ever.

Of course there are some exceptions where they really are that, like King David, but you really should be embarrassed that you are asking for someone to come in and take control of your life.

Religion is merely the preserved Politics of the past.

Well I don’t know. There’s a feeling you get, at least when you’re a child, before all the brainwashing sets in, when you look at the sky, and the clouds. The immensity of it, how it covers everything.

“He Who Gathers The Clouds.”

King David? How very Semitic. I’m thinking more on the lines of Julius Caesar.

At any rate, nobody is really in control of their lives. Those that say they’re one hundred percent in control of their lives are deluded.

It’s more than that.

So who’s in control of yours?

The global oligarchy of course just as they’re in control of yours which I’m sure you’ll deny.

We already live in a dictatorship whether you’re aware of it or not.

Must be sad not to be master of your own self.

It’s a temporary condition that won’t last much longer, I look forward to breaking free.

I don’t need a dictator to own myself.

That doesn’t even make sense. The dictator owns you. You want to be owned.

The illusion or deception of freedom already owns you.

…Freedom…

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXV_QjenbDw[/youtube]

‘It’ all false to pieces between the philosophical one demure and the fall of paganism as the one.

There is a hidden unity within the appearent contradiction, at least up until N, whereupon the Sacred Cow elevates it beyond. what’s morally apprehended.

I get it now. So it’s a feeling of helplessness.

I mean not that I would ever ask to be owned if I felt helpless. But I see the connection now.

Some men just have it in them.

Pagans were the original Gnostics with the historical advent and onslaught of Christianity, but like everything else at the time was absorbed into Christianity via absorption or assimilation. It was the original pagan form of spiritual or religious resistance against Christianity before it became squashed out for so called Semitic heresies.

In my humble opinion, Christianity was the worst thing to ever have entered western civilization.

Nope, not even close, it’s merely realism, I hold no delusions that freedom has ever existed in this world, freedom is nothing more than a fantasy idealism of simpletons. Freedom isn’t real, it doesn’t exist anywhere, at least for the majority of human beings anyways.

Helplessness? Not at all, once you understand that freedom doesn’t exist understanding the entirety of the world becomes much easier, you come to understand the scope of all human social interactions that much clearer.

The best kind of slave is the one that truly believes they’re free. :wink: