Gnosticism.

At least they dont sacrifice babies! I have read a bunch about gnostics and theyre really freaky, I wouldnt want one of them to become powerful like the pope.
You can see why Christianity is the main religion of all because the others dont have a leader.

I thought Islam has Mohammad and Judaism has God which confuses me because why would Christians need Christ rather than God, the Father too? Did Christ somehow temper God? Or usurp him?

Pretty much, yes

“Old” Testament versus “New” Testament

No simple answer to all this, but in general: Islam has Allah, Judaism has Yahweh, Christianity has God. Jesus was an incarnation of God on earth to some a prophet to others. Muhammed in NOT Allah to any significant group of Muslims as far as I know, but his beloved prophet. Jews have had messiahs and prophets and some expect the special one to come, however no person has achieved the status of Jesus or Muhammed.

_
The Indic and Indo religions worship a holy Trimurti/Trinity,
the others do not seem to.

There have been worse, but none has lasted so long or done so muxh harm, in the past as well as right now thanks to their homophobia and misogyny.

I think you are mixing our Gnostic Christian beliefs with our myths.

“There’s the belief in Gnosticism that an evil God has taken over this world”

That was just our debate position when arguing against the Christians, before they became insane and started to read their myths literally.

We dubbed Yahweh a vile demiurge, but do not believe in him as a real god.

We do not believe in a real miracle working Jesus, so cannot believe in a real Yahweh.

I hope you can see how intelligent the ancients were as compared to the mental efforts that modern preachers and theists are using with the literal reading of myths.

bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

Further.
pbs.org/moyers/journal/03132009/watch.html

Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said that when asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg, said, “The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, go and study it.”

Please listen as to what is said about the literal reading of myths.

"Origen, the great second or third century Greek commentator on the Bible said that it is absolutely impossible to take these texts literally. You simply cannot do so. And he said, “God has put these sort of conundrums and paradoxes in so that we are forced to seek a deeper meaning.”

Matt 7;12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

This is how early Gnostic Christians view the transition from reading myths properly to destructive literal reading and idol worship.

youtube.com/watch?v=oR02cia … =PLCBF574D

Regards
DL

Most of us do.

I like to think my efforts are greater than most. I get cursed at quite often.

We can only demonstrate our worthiness to be called the only good Christians by the intelligentsia by engaging Christians into moral debates, where we clean their dirt clock.

For instance, we think the genocidal god and homophobic and misogynous religions they adore should be in hell. Not that hell exists.

You do not see or hear much from us as we are seldom engaged by the religious who have no decent moral arguments to convert with.

That is why the vile god religions are into inquisitions and jihads.

They cannot justify their vile god, while I can show why he should be condemned.

Regards
DL

In non-literal fictional terms, sure.

In real reality. Of course not.

Literal reading of myths is for dummies.

Regards
DL

Israel translates to striving for and against god.

Esoteric Jews have always put words into Yahweh’s mouth because they put man above god.

Do you recall Jesus asking ion the bible, have ye forgotten that ye are gods?

Most have, but the Pharisees who hold the oral tradition, — that leads the written Torah, put man above all the gods.

Regards
DL

Ah, I’ve heard Christians say ‘in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost.’

Sure we Gnostic Christians have leaders.

Christians do not sacrifice babies much these days, no argument.

They prefer inquisitions and jihads, but settle for their homophobia and misogyny, since secular law have clipped their more vile wings.

We might civilize them some day so that they stop adoring a genocidal moral monster.

What are you finding freaky in Gnostic Christianity, and do you feel comfy reading the history that the vile Christian winners wrote to justify their many murders and inquisitions?

Regards
DL

Christianity is the mainstream religion of the west because of a bunch of ancient Roman peasants, slaves, and zealots overthrew the pagan Roman aristocracy. Thus extrapolating why it is a slave religion.

Exactly, Catholicism is a preservation of Roman aristocracy while ‘Christianity’ and specifically Protestantism, were slave variants for the plebian masses.

Well, I know that Catholics do… each entity being God.
I do not know how Christians interrupt it or the bible in general.

…very demiurge I’d say, in that the Practitioner is the Triune,
Christian faiths might interpret it differently…?

Just popping in to remind everybody that Catholics are Christians. The distinction is made up by evangelists in the last decade or so.

But I suppose it’s true you can also be a non or antichristian Catholic like me, but this is very new.

So while what Urwrong said is largely right, it is also true that the slaves did infiltrate even the highest levels of aristocracy. In a lot of ways, Catholicism is how Roman aristocrats secretely saved their religion from the greedy hands of the new tyrants.

Why do you need to hate on another religion to have your own?

I’m pretty-much a non-practising Roman Catholic, myself, but still have to keep one foot in the Faith… due to family obligations.

My inquiry is hating? Christians themselves have told me that Catholicism differs from Christianity, and Catholics themselves have told me that Catholicism differs from Roman Catholicism.

I did not make those distinctions myself… others did.

Lol all Catholics everywhere sigh in agreement with you.

I mean come on, with the demiurge stuff? And I have heard you elsewhere talk about how it is wrong to worship idols, like it is your problem what people worship. I’m not tryinna hate but maybe you can see it.

That’s what I said above. But that doesn’t mean the distinction isn’t made up.

Christian just means worships Christ, this is evident. Evangelists made up that Catholics aren’t Christians, because they don’t worship their, actually real Christ.

And Roman Catholic is only the long form for Catholic. There is no other kind of Catholic. Maybe the people who told you that didn’t really know what they were talking about.

Growing up, as a Catholic, if I or any of my family or anyone I knew were asked their/our religion, they/we would answer “Christian.” Very naturally. The distinction was invented recently. By zealot Evangelists.

Christian used to be used in distinction to Catholic only in incorporating all the protestant and orthodox variants that were still Christian but weren’t Catholic.

“What type of Christian are you?” Then we would answer “Catholic.”

It’s like the world before 2000 only existed for me.

It seems that now there are just two basic types of religionist in any religion.

Those that believe in the supernatural and are basically literalists, and those who remain more intelligent and less gullible.

Regards
DL

Well fanatics like you always do try to reduce things down to that, two options. The “real,” which you are owners of, and what the “gullible people” believe.

People like me have a much vaster universe, and also could not be less bothered by what you do or don’t believe.